This is my baby. Do click!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

This is my baby. Do click!

Post by S13driftAZ »

Original thread: http://www.descentbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=4142

Hey guys, I'd just like to show you my baby. Shes far from where I want her to be, but at least I have made some great progress. I got my 1990 Nissan 240SX for $400 from some guy's wife who treated it like a total piece of ish; in the back seat I found a maxi pad, some dog crap smashed into the seat, salt grains dug into the carpet, a bunch of (hot) wires laying around, running around on 3 cylinders, overheating, stock alloy rims replaced with 13'(?) steelies, left taillight broken, but it was all (fairly) worth it because the body was in great condition.

It was crap before but soon after I bought it, I swapped out the motor for the same kind, just that the new one had a manual tranny and wasn't overheating. It has gone through a VERY thorough cleaning of the interior and a few brand new bits here and there to make it look decent.

Here are a couple of pictures I took awhile back:

Soon enough I will be buying a more powerful motor, either the 4 cyl 2.0 liter SR20DET or the 4 cyl 1.8 liter CA18DET. It will go through a huge makeover, probably receiving a charcoal gray paint job, lowering springs or full on coilovers, and possibly carbon fiber body parts. It will be primarily a drift car, but if money can't hold up, I might just stick with drag racing.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Not bad. Lothar's new baby looks nicer though, but yours is probably easier to clean up after. :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Kilarin wrote:Not bad. Lothar's new baby looks nicer though, but yours is probably easier to clean up after. :)
Michael probably has a smaller carbon footprint too. ;) :lol:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

duper wrote:Michael probably has a smaller carbon footprint too
Oh, I wouldn't be certain of that. You'd be surprised how much methane those little munchkins can put out. :D
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Wow. Nice car. I have no idea what I want. If someone says \"Well, the ???155284...\" I would need a picture and a paper with staatistics on it. I don't look at cars. But Pyros and Starhawks... ;)

Nah, I know military fighters... But you can't exactly buy those or take em for a drive on the highway. :P
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

That's a neat and mean little machine you have there. I want a Honda Prelude for my first car with either the F22 or H22 engine and a maual transmission.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Zantor wrote:That's a neat and mean little machine you have there. I want a Honda Prelude for my first car with either the F22 or H22 engine and a maual transmission.
Personally I would get bang for my buck and grab a B18 or just go bawls to the wall with a K20. Still the H22 is a great motor.

Oh, and thanks guys!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

That's a nice 240. Is it your first car? There's something about your first one, especially if you are the one doing some work on it.

My first car was a used '74 260Z (older than I am, heh!), a lot like this one:
I loved that car, drove it through college 'til it finally gave out. Still love the Nissan 'Z cars to this day. 8)
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Zantor »

S13driftAZ wrote:
Zantor wrote:That's a neat and mean little machine you have there. I want a Honda Prelude for my first car with either the F22 or H22 engine and a maual transmission.
Personally I would get bang for my buck and grab a B18 or just go bawls to the wall with a K20. Still the H22 is a great motor.

Oh, and thanks guys!
I'm more of a Honda person; don't get me wrong; I greatly respect the Nissans. I just prefer to get a Honda. If I can't find a Prelude with the H22, the F22 is what's in my mom's car which is one of the better SOHC engines.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Zantor, the K20 and B18 are Honda engines.
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

I didn't know that. <_< I haven't done a large amount of research; just enough to know what I'm looking for.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

S13driftAZ, does your new baby have the 'stuck open headlight syndrome'? Those little motors can be twitchy.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

tunnelcat wrote:S13driftAZ, does your new baby have the 'stuck open headlight syndrome'? Those little motors can be twitchy.
LOL! pwnd. :lol:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Awwwww, I wasn't making fun of his baby! It just needs some eye surgery to make it work again. 8)
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

tunnelcat wrote:S13driftAZ, does your new baby have the 'stuck open headlight syndrome'? Those little motors can be twitchy.
Hahahaha why, yes it does! I can manually make them go down though.
LOL! pwnd.
I... don't see the pwnage.

Remember guys, this is a project car. It's not the prettest thing ever, but she's gonna get some major surgery, including liposuction, sex change, facelifts, and botox :lol: ...I hope somebody gets that joke.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

Buddy of mine used to have an '86, them are quick little cars for a 4 banger, we had it past 120 on the highway going across nebraska...
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

S13driftAZ wrote:Remember guys, this is a project car. It's not the prettest thing ever, but she's gonna get some major surgery, including liposuction, sex change, facelifts, and botox :lol: ...I hope somebody gets that joke.
I get the botox joke, get rid of the face wrinkles, but what's the sex change gonna do? :lol:
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

tunnelcat wrote:I get the botox joke, get rid of the face wrinkles, but what's the sex change gonna do? :lol:
Its gonna be a different engine. A 4 cylinder motor with the potential of 800 horsepower. Yeah.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

800 horsepower?!?! Go fast much? I don't think a 4 cylinder can pull that off. That's race car stuff!
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

NUMBERZero wrote:800 horsepower?!?! Go fast much? I don't think a 4 cylinder can pull that off. That's race car stuff!
Entirely possible. You would be amazed at what proper engine tuning can do. Coupled with high performance parts of course.
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Yeah, that car can be a tuner. RX7s and certain Nissans have crazy power and are used for drifting and racing.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

S13driftAZ, you know that most cars (most machines for that matter) are considered female. They're always cranky and finicky, you fall flat out in love, spends wads of money for their upkeep and do crazy things for them. So you really can't do a sex change on a car. :lol:
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

tunnelcat wrote:S13driftAZ, you know that most cars (most machines for that matter) are considered female. They're always cranky and finicky, you fall flat out in love, spends wads of money for their upkeep and do crazy things for them. So you really can't do a sex change on a car. :lol:
Haha that certainly is true!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh GAWD! That means if you TRY to change the sex of your car to male, you'll have a hermaphroditic car, because you really can't get rid of the female side of any machine! :P
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

Love it! You should see if you can fit a Toyota 3UR 5.7L V8 in there :D

Here's my ride, while we're at it :)

That sucker will travel the ends of the earth and back. It won't do so very fast, however. But I still love it.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Red_5 wrote:Love it! You should see if you can fit a Toyota 3UR 5.7L V8 in there :D
Hah, I know a guy at the drift events here who has a second gen 240SX (S14) that has a Chevy LS1 V8 in it. The thing is a BEAST.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

How much horsepower?
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

The LS1 IIRC can chuck out somewhere near 500BHP.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Red_5 wrote:How much horsepower?
Not sure. I believe he kept it mostly stock because it had all the power he wanted.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

500hp in a 240XS... that's like putting a Saturn 5 rocket in a food blender!
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Sedwick »

Red_5 wrote:500hp in a 240XS... that's like putting a Saturn 5 rocket in a food blender!
Almost like this?