Thank you Veterans!!!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Thank you Veterans!!!

Post by SirWinner »

Here's a salute to our American Veterans on Veterans Day.

Don't forget to remember our Police Veterans too!

SALUTE!

8)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: Thank you Veterans!!!

Post by Isaac »

Thank you, professional ass kickers! Keep kicking ass!
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Oh, come on, it's not just an American day.
-_-
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Very true, Alter Fox. And with that, I'd like to thank Santa Claus who leads the Canadian air force every year to make sure all the children get presents on Christmas, by taking them from the children that made them in China.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

SirWinner wrote:Here's a salute to our American Veterans on Veterans Day.

Don't forget to remember our Police Veterans too!

SALUTE!

8)

SALUTE
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

And I'm going to salute the British, Canadian, Australian, South Korean, and all the other forces that follow yours into just about every war you fight these days. Since you're not about to do it yourselves. I'd get mad at Issac but I know that's just what he wants.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Thanks Alter-Fox! I'd like to thank them each too. Thanks to the British forces for being great soldiers to a tea. Thanks Australia for always hopping to it, when duty calls. Thanks South Korea for always worker-rushing the enemy. And thanks Canadian forces for keeping the frighted confused state of Quebec safe.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Isaac wrote:...And thanks Canadian forces for keeping the frighted confused state of Quebec safe.
Lol.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

All I want to wish the people of other countries, so that they never had the opportunity to become veterans of wars.
I do not know how it elsewhere, but in every Russian city, in every village, there are many tombs and monuments of local residents who died in the wars.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

sigma wrote:All I want to wish the people of other countries, so that they never had the opportunity to become veterans of wars.
Hear, hear. Not to take away from Veteran's Day in the U.S., but the day I would love to celebrate is the day when wars are no longer considered "normal".
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

x3
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Alter-Fox wrote:x3
xxx
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Foil wrote:
sigma wrote:All I want to wish the people of other countries, so that they never had the opportunity to become veterans of wars.
when wars are no longer considered "normal".
It seems you have no idea what war is. You lucky people. In the United States blocked all the videos with the chronicle of World War II? You've never seen the atrocities of the Nazis? You've never seen the atrocities of the Islamic animals, which are now get money from the United States and its Arab friends and are doing it in Russia? This animals, which policies of the U.S. is called freedom fighters including Syria. Note: Nervous not to watch.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Sigma, perhaps the unwashed masses, but I'd venture to say that all of us here on the DBB are VERY well acquainted with those things.

Foil wrote: Hear, hear. Not to take away from Veteran's Day in the U.S., but the day I would love to celebrate is the day when wars are no longer considered "normal".
heh, there is only one moment in time that's going to happen and few here want to hear about it.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

sigma wrote:In the United States blocked all the videos with the chronicle of World War II? You've never seen the atrocities...?
None of those are blocked in the U.S., sigma. In fact, it is sometimes argued (not by me, but by some) that the U.S. news agencies expose the horrors of war too much, causing people to become numb to it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Sigma logic: Russia has harsh censorship laws on freedom of speech. The U.S. must be the same way.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Duper wrote:Sigma, perhaps the unwashed masses, but I'd venture to say that all of us here on the DBB are VERY well acquainted with those things.
But this is happening in my country. Caucasian Islamists do it with the Russian people. in this video they say, "We will cut the heads of the Russian people for as long as they will not be Islam."
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

You know the joke about the History Channel was that the [H] meant Hitler because all that was ever on was World War 2 documentaries.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And most Americans can even go on the internet and see Islamist Terrorists cut of the heads of their American prisoners before youtube finally pulls it.

You're forgetting Vietnam Krom. News organizations were broadcasting all sorts of filmed death and destruction from embedded reporters on the nightly news back in the 1960's. The first time that really happened in a mass media, namely television. That's why all the antiwar protests started up during that decade and which ran into the 70's. Americans for the first time got to see what war looked like in all it's gore, bloodiness and hell, and they didn't like it. Unfortunately, the veterans of that war were seen as pariahs, and they had no choice in the matter, they were drafted back then.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I doubt that, people had plenty of opportunity to see the blood and gore of WWII because they ran the newsreels during all of the Movies that were shown, and just about everyone went to those movies.

Vietnam was a different “kind” of war, and people sensed that.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Except those newsreels didn't show anything remotely like the footage coming out of Vietnam. They were very much rah-rah propaganda for the most part, which makes for rather amusing viewing today.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

True, but most of the stuff that made the nightly news during Vietnam was also filtered and some of it was propaganda…the really nasty stuff always comes out after the fact.

Remember all things relative.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

But the fact is, the really nasty stuff came out a lot quicker during the Vietnam War and couldn't be suppressed. It became more and more difficult to hide s**t from the press as the war began to drag on and we got deeper and deeper into major escalation doo doo.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Sigma, don't attack people for agreeing with you.
And don't profile entire ethnic groups based on the actions of a few extremists. Ax-crazy murderers exist in every culture (unfortunately). Sometimes they're religious.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I agree with that tc…do you agree that Vietnam was a different kind of war?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:I agree with that tc…do you agree that Vietnam was a different kind of war?
Yes, it was. It was a new and dirty guerrilla fight that we'd never fought before, except maybe in our own Revolutionary War. I guess we forgot. The enemy's tactics were hard to fight as a conventional war with large armies and equipment, which we were used to by then. We were not prepared to fight that way. Korea should have been a warning sign of the types of wars to come. Far more people saw far more nastiness on the new mass media of TV than any movie newsreels could even hope to reach. The core reason to fight the war became this ethereal boogeyman called a "commie" that no one could really picture. The people of this country became disenchanted and unsupportive of the long and dirty fight in which so many of our kids were either killed or coming back as mentally screwed up basket cases. That testosterone rush of winning never materialized, so we lost.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

That’s not what I meant…I was speaking along the lines of being justified or not.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Alter-Fox wrote:And I'm going to salute the British, Canadian, Australian, South Korean, and all the other forces that follow yours into just about every war you fight these days. Since you're not about to do it yourselves. I'd get mad at Issac but I know that's just what he wants.
Funny thing, it was America that was dragged into the four biggest conflicts of the twentieth century, by the Europeans.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote:That’s not what I meant…I was speaking along the lines of being justified or not.
No, I don't think it was justified. It was a waste of time, men and resources, all over the ridiculous fear of commies taking over the world. We should have never gotten involved.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

That is roughly how I see it as well, although I don't have the benefit of knowing much about the political environment of the time - pretty much just hindsight. I don't know whether communism-phobia seemed reasonable at the time.

And... yeah, there was a big change of the guard soon after WW2. Previously America had a relatively isolationist foreign policy, which quickly changed to interventionism - I guess because of that worry of the Soviet Union turning into another Third Reich? Sadly it was probably a huge misstep since it ended up causing most of the foreign relations problems we have today, but again, I'm not sure how easily the leaders of the day could have foreseen that.

Most of America's allies are increasingly wary of getting involved in foreign conflicts this decade though - and especially after the financial crash that is also applying to America itself. (Hence why Syria is turning out the way it is; nobody can really afford to "fix" it.) How that will turn out, I can only guess - will we find out American "hegemony" is, paradoxically to its detractors, a stabilizing influence? Or will nothing much happen in reality?

Anyway. Yes, thanks are due to those who have risked their lives in these conflicts for the greater good - even if it just appeared to be that at the time, when it comes to moral decisions, that's what counts. There are a lot of us who might not have it in ourselves to do the same. :) Even if modern conflicts are relatively "clean" in that we're probably never going to see the horrors of a Stalingrad again, there still is, and for the foreseeable future still will be, a great deal of risk to mind and body...
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In fact, I was surprised that the U.S. did not bomb Syria. I thought the U.S. as always spit on reasonable offers Russia over the peaceful resolution of the conflicts. I know how much pressure the U.S. experienced by Arab politicians... I even suspect that Arab extremists were intended to knock heads together and start a war between Russia and the United States by the conflict in Syria to weaken our countries. Well, we can only rejoice that American politicians still have a brain. This allows all of us, ordinary people, are very optimistic about the future without fear for the fate of our children, at least. We need to develop new technologies together, but not kill each other.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

sigma wrote:In fact, I was surprised that the U.S. did not bomb Syria. I thought the U.S. as always spit on reasonable offers Russia over the peaceful resolution of the conflicts..
Didn't russia give syria chemical weapons to use against it's own people?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Thank you Veterans!!!
You're welcome.

Sigma, your single minded Russia is great America sucks line of thinking is boorish and shows complete ignorance on your part. You need to stop reading all the propaganda and get out more.

This thread is heading E&C
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Isaac wrote:
sigma wrote:In fact, I was surprised that the U.S. did not bomb Syria. I thought the U.S. as always spit on reasonable offers Russia over the peaceful resolution of the conflicts..
Didn't russia give syria chemical weapons to use against it's own people?
SHHHH dont spoil his illusion
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Isaac, CUDA, are you sure that you do not have blinders on the eyes? Nothing else I can not explain your mindless fanatical patriotism.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

sigma wrote:Isaac, CUDA, are you sure that you do not have blinders on the eyes? Nothing else I can not explain your mindless fanatical patriotism.
Do they have mirrors in Russia?

― Theodore Roosevelt
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Certainly. In Russia it is full of so-called "patriots" who are ready to kill the foreigner only that he even is casual or on the drunk head in any bar will offend patriotic feelings of Russians. But we after all with you are Descenters, who moreover are at respected international forum. I always considered Descenters as elite of game community. Each word and opinion the real Descenters for me matters. Descenter won't waste the words. Or I am mistaken, CUDA?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

sigma wrote: Descenter won't waste the words. Or I am mistaken, CUDA?
http://descentbb.net/search.php?keyword ... mit=Search
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Yes thank you my fellow veterans, and to those who offered thanks you're welcome.

As a veteran we signed our lives away for a given period with a clause to be called back to action at any given time when our country may need us, and we retain this mindset for the rest of our days. The basic rule as not to confuse anyone above who may seem to be distracted by media and propaganda

To serve in the military "We are here to protect the democracy of the United States of America and in addition to the laws and regulations of these other lands to which our service is entrusted, but yet restrain ourselves from practicing or preaching democracy while on active/inactive service" and govern ourselves in accordance with the UCMJ

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

tunnelcat wrote:
Spidey wrote:That’s not what I meant…I was speaking along the lines of being justified or not.
No, I don't think it was justified. It was a waste of time, men and resources, all over the ridiculous fear of commies taking over the world. We should have never gotten involved.
Not going to disagree with the last part, but if the fear of commies taking over the world was so ridiculous, then why are commies currently taking over the world? :P