DCS World

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

DCS World

Post by BUBBALOU »

Why do people play candy crush and minecraft and rot their brainz.......

Between Dayz Standalone (alpha) , ARMA 3, and soon Star Citizen now more of this

DCS World - Console fanboi's need not apply

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: DCS World

Post by Top Gun »

BUBBALOU wrote:Why do people play candy crush
Okay, with you so far...
and minecraft and rot their brainz.......
Does not compute.
sdfgeoff
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sdfgeoff »

@Bubbalou:
I know this isn't the point of the thread, but: I agree that minecraft seems pointless to me. And I have the reason pinned down.
I can 3D model using blender. The things I can create there are far more interesting and detailed than anything possible in minecraft. People play minecraft to provide them with an area to unleash their creativity. I can do it without minecraft.
I suspect it's the same with you. You also 3D model, and thus the creative aspect of minecraft that appeals to so many people is not appealing to you. All you see is the simple graphics and lousy fighting. (Honestly, who cuts down trees and kills sheep with a hunk of meat!)

Personally, I think it's good that people are enjoying a game that has a creative side, rather than a purely destructive one. Likewise, with games like DCS world, descent, and other complex games, I like that people are playing games that take real skill rather than mindless FPS's
In fact I like to see people playing just about any game that has an aim other than mindless destruction.

(Interestingly, I fount Halo (the original) very boring after the flood appeared. Until then, it was interesting, requiring strategy and tactics. Then it became too repetitive with the challenge being sheer numbers. And everyone else raves about how great it is, I think it's just another zombie shooter.)

And I'll stop typing before I say something stupid, if I haven't already
Eh?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Not everyone is into Flight Sims or Race sims etc. Most people these days want something simple and brain dead type. They prefer games like that and also don't want to spend 300$ plus for wheels or flight sticks.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

For open world sandbox games nothing can even come close to holding a candle to Just Cause 2, you can spend all day crashing vehicles and destroying government property and it never gets old.

Plus the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod is now available on steam.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

How much of the system models are actually simulated?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

flip wrote:How much of the system models are actually simulated?
Clik!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Well I play Eve Online and unless you only focus in on one aspect of the game, you can hardly ever say it is boring otherwise. Been playing it for over 8 years and I still find new things to do and Items I didn't realize existed.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i have A-10 and KA-60 ( not installed ATM though )

i ran A-10 through Sim mode and Cold Start...... it IS thorough and very accurately replicated to the actual A-10. one step missed means possible engine fire or worse!

a BF4 Clan mate of mine is one of the Beta Testers, and after a read through the basic modules flight manual and start-up sequence, he walked me through a cold start. its just like real world. now give me a Jet-ranger or A-Star AS350D, and i still have those two start-up sequences in my head from CAP Days.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:For open world sandbox games nothing can even come close to holding a candle to Just Cause 2, you can spend all day crashing vehicles and destroying government property and it never gets old.

Plus the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod is now available on steam.
Yeah, I wasted scads of time on that one. But I have a new time waster, Assassin's Creed Black Flag. Arrrrrrrrrg! A pirate's life for me! Seriously, sailing your own privateer around a rolling ocean and attacking/looting the Spanish and English fleets has GOT to be the most fun I've had in decades. The simulation of a sailing ship is absolutely, positively not accurate at all. But hey, who cares, it's fun anyway! And besides, the ocean rendering is waaay cool and the jungles are nicer than in Far Cry 3.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Wasted scads of time in JC2? You have no idea:
jc2.jpg
jc2.jpg (16.62 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I bet you still haven't fully explored everything either Krom. The place is huge. Still, privateering and pirating in a sailing ship on the open ocean is loads of fun. That's what took me away from JC2 and Saints Row 3 :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.