Paste problems

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Paste problems

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

When I press the paste touching button nothing happens so I have to change each texture one by one.
The thing is, it used to work normally but now it doesn't.
How can I fix this?
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Paste problems

Post by LightWolf »

Make sure:
- The sides are actually adjacent (look at the cubes; if the cube next the cube you're trying to align is not the cube with the other side, the sides aren't adjacent). There is a fix in using the "Align All Sides" checkbox, but you have to be careful as weird stuff can happen (including the other side of a door being flipped upside-down if it uses the same texture as the room you're editing).
- You have "Align 1st" (or whatever it's called) below the texture preview selected. Just having 2nd selected means that the primary texture won't do jack when you press align.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Paste problems

Post by Sirius »

More precisely, "use 1st", but that would be my guess as well. Those two checkboxes control how DLE decides what the edge of the "touching" region is for purposes of pasting and aligning textures. If "use 1st" is checked, it compares base textures; if "use 2nd" is checked, it compares overlay textures; and if both are checked, they both have to match.
I forget what happens if neither is checked but that might be a problem too :)