Users still folding for DBB

This is the place for chat on DBB Distributed Computing projects... remember team #39070 for Stanfords Folding @ Home project.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Users still folding for DBB

Post by Iceman »

Ref: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=39070

We still have some users that are folding for the DBB. If you know these people then please ask them to change their username to DescentBB and team number to 3074 (Setup Ref: phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8223)

Note that my name is there also ... those points are coming from a PC I no longer have access to so I can't change it.

Users are:

Pushrod/Vindicator (292 points this week)
StressTest (723 points this week)
TopWop (2159 points this week)
Fliptw (887 points this week)
Baal (206 points this week)
Bullgod (1918 points this week)
Grendel (541 points this week)
aldel (241 points this week)
zerby (93 points this week)
Vindicator
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by Vindicator »

Yeah whatever... we all know you left some puters folding for DBB so nobody could come along and knock you out of the #2 spot :P

I only have one computer folding for Team DBB at this point, im not too worried about switching it over.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Yea, what I have folding will stay folding they way they are. I didn't start this team to just stop folding for it.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

I wish you had voiced your opinion when we first started discussing this. I wouldn't have suggested it if I had known you were against it.

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8160
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Don't have access to the machine still folding for the DBB. Also I was planning to switch the other ones back soon. We're supposed to help them out not to be assimilated.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Actually Jim asked for help in one thread then in another thread we discussed switching over. You guys never said a word. I am certainly amenable to opening up the discussion again.
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

I believe I have already made my intentions known if you do.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Screw it ... if you guys (ahem point leaders) wanna keep it DBB then I'll do the same. I was just trying to help Jim out and I took your abscense to mean you had lost interest.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

No lack of interest, just skipping this forum since there is not much to be talking about except this convo which I missed...

But I dont think its right to axe a team that we started in order to help another. If Jim needs more folders then great but he should look somewhere else. I said "yea sure" since I thought we would literally merge, not at the cost of loosing our own team. We folded this far, now we just gonna quit to another? Just to give another guy an egostroke of being #1?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Also, it doesn't really matter who you fold for as long you fold at all.. In the long run I'd rather give my points to the community I'm active in than to a stranger.
Iceman
DBB Habitual Type Killer
DBB Habitual Type Killer

Post by Iceman »

Top Wop wrote:No lack of interest, just skipping this forum since there is not much to be talking about except this convo which I missed...

But I dont think its right to axe a team that we started in order to help another. If Jim needs more folders then great but he should look somewhere else. I said "yea sure" since I thought we would literally merge, not at the cost of loosing our own team. We folded this far, now we just gonna quit to another? Just to give another guy an egostroke of being #1?
I am with you on this ... I want the DBB team to be intact. I posted the thought as an open discussion but nobody really responded to it. I like us all being on the same team and since Stress started it I feel a loyalty to him on it all. I just wish he had responded earlier and expressed his dislike of the merger. I wouldn't have done anything if I had known. I have thought of starting an apology thread but after considering such I have changed my mind ... everyone had ample opportunity to respond.

I guess at this point I don't know what to do other than to switch back to the DBB team and shut my mouth.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Its no big deal. No need for an apology thread or anything. Just tell peeps to hook up with our team and thats it.
Deadmeat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Deadmeat »

Gotta agree with Gren and Ice. Somehow it just doesn't feel the same being an anonymous member of another team. I'm switching back.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I'll be joining back as soon as this unit is finished.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

I had switched back to break 70,000 points being stuck 69,499 was get annoying. Since it seems everyone is switching I just leave them folding for the DBB now.