What does a "Government Shutdown" look like?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

What does a "Government Shutdown" look like?

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I might also ask, "who suffers and who doesn't--or who benefits?". So what does this practically mean, and why is there not a "safety net" for the federal government? I don't know what it would take to find this answer, but I'm also curious just how much money we're talking about to run these government programs?

So post any closings that you've encountered, and maybe it will give some of us a more complete picture. I know there's probably a list that some of you are salivating to Google and post, but I'm talking about what you actually encounter.

I went to weather.gov this morning, and followed this link near the top of the page:
weather.gov wrote:Government Shutdown Notice

Due to the Federal Government shutdown, NOAA.gov and most associated web sites are unavailable. However, because the information this site provides is necessary to protect life and property, it will be updated and maintained during the Federal Government shutdown.
Read More...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: "Government Shutdown"

Post by woodchip »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:So what does this practically mean, and why is there not a "safety net" for the federal government?
Most states have what is called a "rainy day fund" that they put money into to help when money is not flowing into the coffers. Too bad the feds are not bright enough to follow the states examples.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: "Government Shutdown"

Post by Will Robinson »

woodchip wrote:
Sergeant Thorne wrote:So what does this practically mean, and why is there not a "safety net" for the federal government?
Most states have what is called a "rainy day fund" that they put money into to help when money is not flowing into the coffers. Too bad the feds are not bright enough to follow the states examples.
The Feds have a 'printing press' where they 'print' extra money anytime they need it and put the resulting expense in the taxpayers debt ledger....
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: What does a "Government Shutdown" look like?

Post by Will Robinson »

So far the only shutdown I've seen, aside from journalistic integrity, is the IRS won't answer their phone right now. I've never felt happy being unable to reach someone on the phone before. I think I'll survive the inconvenience.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Funny how the EPA is saying 93% of it's work force is "nonessential". I wonder how much we would save if we permanently got rid of all the nonessential federal employee's in bureaucracy's like the EPA.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

According to slick, the president can solve this problem, but I doubt it would go over well with the Democrats who want to paint the Republicans as the party that destroyed America.

Anyway, what does it say about Obama if he does indeed have that power, but chooses not to act?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Presented with a stunned level of WTFness... the Obamacare Help-Line - available 24/7 is 1-800-318-2596 as we have been told a number of times by the President... it seems someone did not do their due diligence on what that telephone number's mnemomic is...

1-800-F U-CKYO

Indeed, Mr. President, 1-800-318-2596 to you too.

LOL
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

That's a pretty bad mnemonic if you have to leave letters out and misspell words just to make a juvenile joke. Actually, it's not a mnemonic at all. Could just as easily be "ducky-o" which is great! Everything is just ducky! Or it could be "E valyou" like a medical evaluation.

Try again.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Cant laugh for one second can you?

[Joker]WHY SO SERIOUS[/joker]
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

CUDA wrote:Cant laugh for one second can you?
Poor quality humor. Childish, juvenile. Fart jokes are funnier than that because they aren't hateful or directed towards persons or groups of people.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Boehner dropped his "I'm not going to let that lowly black man, Obama, boss ME around, even if it destroys the country" bomb this weekend. I'm betting the market will tank on Monday. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Racist

try to get past that TC, its not flattering

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, I've been down in VA drum fishing, and two effects I saw were that Assateague National Seashore was closed, and a bunch of NASA contractors out of work. As to the 'racist' thing, I heard the funniest freudian slip heading south last week: I'm listening to local conservative talk radio and some guy calls in, as most are, pissed over Obama. His words, and I quote exactly:"Isn't there some way we can pull together as a race.....errr, as American citizens, and simply remove Obama from office?". I'm sitting there thinking, 'attaboy, bunkie, you had it right the first time, and we ALL know it'. Came home to note that a serious set of ad buys in swing states is taking dead aim on any vulnerable GOP congressman. 2014 is going to be fascinating, as the GOP takes a built-in, historical favoritism in the mid-terms, and throws it all away.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

callmeslick wrote:2014 is going to be fascinating, as the GOP takes a built-in, historical favoritism in the mid-terms, and throws it all away.
Probably not. By this time next year all the events of 2013 will be spun around so much no one will know what really happened to whom, by whom. People will either just vote on the current events or vote as they normally do. I don't expect any significant change at all. I would like to be wrong though.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:Racist

try to get past that TC, its not flattering
No, you're blind. The raw hatred, vitriol, name calling and just plain not-willing-to-deal, AT ALL, with a black president, is far more pronounced and nasty than plain ol' political gamesmanship and partisanship. The Freudian slips are too numerous to ignore. You may not think it's a factor in this whole mess, but it's a BIG factor, whether you like it or not.

http://open.salon.com/blog/myles_spicer ... er_the_top

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofar ... 15976.html

http://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunicatio ... ory=118584

So why does FRESHMAN Representative, tea partier extraordinaire, Ted Cruz, who's been essentially given SENOR status in the House and is driving this whole shutdown mess, praise good old Jesse Helms, the father of all that represents southern racism? How about Trent Lott and his Strom Thurman comment? The stink of hatred is so bad in white America, it's pervasive.

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/se ... 9/13/75048

Plus, how do you explain that 72% of all Americans don't want the government shut down due to Obamacare? Why is the GOP pursuing so extreme of an agenda that they'd be willing to destroy our country and the economy? It's ILLOGICAL, but I DO know that hate is illogical. I'm not happy about Obama's leadership, he waffled numerous times in the face of solid GOP resistance, but personally, I don't hate him as a black man, nor do I resent or fear him as leader. But a lot of white guys DO resent it. You can quibble about the job he's done, but the GOP seems all too willing to block and quash EVERYTHING he's tried to get done. Republicans went into this thing months ago with one mission, kill Obamacare at all costs. They don't want to negotiate, they want to destroy.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-576 ... blame-gop/
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

i think this is the first time ive stuck my head in here, but i just found out the Amber Alert system is now Offline :rant:
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Some good stats about the shutdown.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Nope your a racist. You ALWAYS make it about race. ALWAYS.

Seldom does anyone discuss race here. But TC like clockwork can't even comprehend that this is about WHAT he is doing. Not WHO he is.

There are some people in this country that do make it about race. But that is a small portion of the population. Sad really that they cannot get past it, And what is even sadder is that you are one of them. No one on this forum makes disagreeing with Obama more about race than you do.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

tunnelcat wrote: No, you're blind. The raw hatred, vitriol, name calling and just plain not-willing-to-deal, AT ALL, with a black president, is far more pronounced and nasty than plain ol' political gamesmanship and partisanship. The Freudian slips are too numerous to ignore. You may not think it's a factor in this whole mess, but it's a BIG factor, whether you like it or not.
If satan had a son, he'd look like Barack Hussein Obama.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

TC, I don't know what metric you are relying on to cry racism, probably none, just your desire to paint your ideological foes in the worst light you can. So you take anecdotal evidence of bigots and assign it to all who oppose him but don't forget Obama was elected by more white people than black...twice.

Anyone who is a white bigot will certainly have a black president to hate but those bigots didn't get suddenly created by Obama's election and contrary to your fear/claim they are a minority.

The number of people who take a stance based on partisan/ideological lines is much greater than those who vote based on racist motivation. And you aren't even counting those of us who voted FOR HIM because he is black.

There are democrats that are bigots just like there are republicans that are bigots. You might like to think all bigots are right wingers but they aren't.

Obama wouldn't have won if a great number of people abandoned their ideological loyalties because their bigotry trumps all when faced with a black candidate. The turnout and vote totals don't show that kind of change from when it was two white guys as the choices.

You are just indulging in partisan hyperbole.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

I also think it's worth being said that just because someone may be a bigot doesn't mean they necessarily wouldn't give a black president a chance if he weren't dancing on their ideological toes. I've heard some pretty bigoted talk from some people, and I tend to believe it's at least partly an outlet for dissatisfaction in other areas.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

apparently, no death benefit for fallen soldiers at the present time, either. Of, course, it's all Obamas fault, right? Oh, and what's up with that no-mind Representative from Florida who actually claims that a debt default will be 'good for the economy'?? This whole thing has become an inexcusable train wreck.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

It may not be all Obama's fault, but I'm convinced the Democratic party and the White House saw this coming and did nothing to stop it because they were hoping the opposition would use it to hang themselves. (and now they're engaged in maneuvering to ensure that is the outcome)
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:It may not be all Obama's fault, but I'm convinced the Democratic party and the White House saw this coming and did nothing to stop it because they were hoping the opposition would use it to hang themselves. (and now they're engaged in maneuvering to ensure that is the outcome)
They may have seen something coming a month or so ago, but certainly not back in February, when the plan apparently was hatched by a segment of the far-right GOP. As I said on another thread, Obama has NO CHOICE but to stand firm, as future conduct of the governmental branches depends on him doing so. Can it be said that he erred in allowing previous, more minor, strongarm tactics? Sure, in hindsight. But this mess, and the hurt it puts on our nation, our citizens and our economy is SQUARELY in the laps of the GOP. It doesn't help that the Speaker of the House lacks a set of balls. My hope is that, sometime in the next two weeks, he loses those 24 members scared witless in his caucus, and they declare as independants caucusing with the Dems, to save themselves from tar-and-feathering back in PA, VA, NJ and NY. Then, not only will this goofy ploy have failed, but Boehner can start addressing Nancy Pelosi(or perhaps Stenny Hoyer) as 'Speaker'.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote: ... My hope is that, sometime in the next two weeks, he loses those 24 members scared witless in his caucus, and they declare as independants caucusing with the Dems, to save themselves from tar-and-feathering back in PA, VA, NJ and NY. Then, not only will this goofy ploy have failed, but Boehner can start addressing Nancy Pelosi(or perhaps Stenny Hoyer) as 'Speaker'.
The point you are addressing aside for a moment...Don't you find it at all depressing that you are actually hoping to put Pelosi in charge of anything? The woman is an insipid loon who should be kept away from sharp objects...as well as any new legislation that might come oozing out of Congress.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:
callmeslick wrote: ... My hope is that, sometime in the next two weeks, he loses those 24 members scared witless in his caucus, and they declare as independants caucusing with the Dems, to save themselves from tar-and-feathering back in PA, VA, NJ and NY9. Then, not only will this goofy ploy have failed, but Boehner can start addressing Nancy Pelosi(or perhaps Stenny Hoyer) as 'Speaker'.
The point you are addressing aside for a moment...Don't you find it at all depressing that you are actually hoping to put Pelosi in charge of anything? The woman is an insipid loon who should be kept away from sharp objects...as well as any new legislation that might come oozing out of Congress.
she looks absolutely ballsy and competent compared to Boehner(although I suggested Hoyer for a reason)
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

let's let Elizabeth Warren explain why Government matters:

http://wonkette.com/531037
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:Nope your a racist. You ALWAYS make it about race. ALWAYS.

Seldom does anyone discuss race here. But TC like clockwork can't even comprehend that this is about WHAT he is doing. Not WHO he is.

There are some people in this country that do make it about race. But that is a small portion of the population. Sad really that they cannot get past it, And what is even sadder is that you are one of them. No one on this forum makes disagreeing with Obama more about race than you do.
Nope. You're projecting and in denial. Same for Will. Go out and ask a sampling of African Americans what they think. I have and most of them tell me they think racism is driving all this anti-Obama rhetoric and vitriol, most of it absolutely absurd if you just listen to some of it. You also still haven't told me why Ted Cruz thinks that things would be much better off with racists like Jesse Helms still around. Only for white guys I'm guessing. Kind of like tea partier Rep. Mark Meadows, who speaks to his base and wants to send Obama back to Kenya, AFRICA! :wink:

By the way, more people disapprove of Republicans in Congress right now, 73%, than either Obama or the Democrats. Wait until SS and Medicare checks stop coming. They're losing the opinion battle. What's Boehner to do, other than pay partisan by telling the liberals on Sunday he's going to let the government default, while at the same time he's secretly telling Wall Street that he won't? :P

http://www.nationalmemo.com/poll-more-a ... -shutdown/
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Go out and ask a sampling of African Americans what they think. I have and most of them tell me they think racism is driving all this anti-Obama rhetoric and vitriol, most of it absolutely absurd if you just listen to some of it.
Unfortunately TC- many black Americans themselves are amongst the most racist groups in the country- AND it is now CULTURALLY ACCEPTABLE for them to be racist.

There is no such thing as 'reverse racism.' It is racism pure and simple.

That Obama is the worst president ever in the history of the country has little to do with his race. It is his radical leftist agenda, hubris and belief that the presidency is a de facto monarchy by executive order that makes him so.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

TC uses no logic to come to the conclusions she jumps at.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

ThunderBunny wrote:That Obama is the worst president ever in the history of the country has little to do with his race. It is his radical leftist agenda, hubris and belief that the presidency is a de facto monarchy by executive order that makes him so.
Okay, so you know nothing about either US history OR the political spectrum. Nice.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

just a Little Glenn Beck to piss off the liberals
just a few of the things that have been inexplicably affected by the government shutdown:

“Treatments for children suffering from cancer. The Republicans have agreed to a compromise by funding the part of the government, including the National Institute of Health, which offers children with cancer last‑chance experimental treatment… The NIH was told by the President, ‘You can’t start any new testing of anything.’ As soon as the Republicans found out about it, they said, ‘Not a problem. Let’s make sure that we fund the NIH. We’ll pass a special bill to fund the NIH so we can save children,’” Glenn explained. “If that’s what you really picked out of the 100% of the pie, you only need to shut down 15%, if that’s what you pick, we’ll fund that. So [Republicans] said, ‘We’ll pass it.” The President said he will veto it if it gets to his desk. That’s the compromise.”

“World War II Memorial is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It doesn’t have a staff to it. It is maintained with private financing, built by private financing, maintained with private financing. The White House knew in advance that these flights come in all the time… And so what do they do? They put a chain‑link fence around the World War II Memorial… You have your National Park Service coming out and saying, ‘We were told to inflict as much pain as possible,’” Glenn explained. “Then when the GOP finds out about it, the congressmen remove the barricades. When one of the park rangers says, ‘Hey, you can’t do that’ and starts yelling at the people in the wheelchairs, what happens? The president raises the stakes and then says, ‘I’m going to put guards around that memorial.’ So he’s spending money. Does that seem reasonable to you? By the way, the GOP has offered to cover any costs to keep the memorial open for the greatest generation.”

“Then there’s the furloughed military chaplains. The military chaplains are not allowed to work for free. They have all said, ‘We will celebrate mass. We will do our services. We will do baptisms for free.’ They have been told they will be punished if they do it,” Glenn explained. “So you have a baby to be baptized; the military priest cannot baptize your child or he’ll go to jail. He can’t celebrate mass anywhere for free or he will go to jail. Does this sound reasonable to you at all?”

“In the Florida Keys small businesses, hunters, and commercial fishermen can no longer practice their trade,” he said. “They have tried to close down the ocean. The Feds are saying, ‘You can’t do any fishing on the ocean.’ Does this seem reasonable to you?”

“The American Forces Network, AFN, these are the people that carry shows like mine, they carry shows like… 50% of the shows have to be liberal. But they also not just broadcast the news and talk,” Glenn said. “They also bring our Armed Forces all of the sporting events, all the football games and everything else. The golf course at Camp David is deemed essential, but AFN carrying the football games, carrying them, carrying them. Not doing them. Carrying them… By the way, Camp David, the golf course and Camp David is open.”

“The D‑day Memorial. The GOP has offered to compromise and fund all of the National Parks,” Glenn explained. “The President has said he will veto any compromise on legislation. So the D‑day Memorial in Normandy has now been barricaded.”

“Mount Vernon, George Washington’s home, is privately funded. The Feds blocked the visitors from entering the parking area because the National Park Service maintains the lot… No federal money is used to operate any of these parks. In fact, the federal government makes money through the operation of these parks,” Glenn said. “He had them all closed down and so the 400 to 500 private employees have been furloughed. And by the way, they don’t get any of their money back. They’re just destroyed. Because, I forgot to tell you: The GOP and the Democrats did get together in some emergency legislation. They don’t give a crap about the 400 to 500 employees that are privately. But those government workers, they raced to make sure they knew, ‘Oh, don’t worry. You’ll get your money.’”

“A self‑sustaining colonial farm that hasn’t received a dime of government money since 1980 has been closed for the first time in 40 years. The National Park Service has succeeded in closing the farm to the public. In the previous budget dramas, the farm has always been exempted because the government pays nothing, provides no staff, nor do they provide any resources to operate the farm,” he explained. “The President has closed the Vietnam Memorial. The GOP passed the compromised legislation that would fund the memorial, keep it open to the public, but the president said he would veto it.”

“The operator of a 51‑room inn located on U.S. Government‑owned land in North Carolina abandoned his defiant stance on Thursday to keep his property open despite being ordered to shut down as part of the federal government shutdown. October is this inn’s prime season,” Glenn said. “The GOP has offered a compromise to open this particular park, but the President said no to that compromise. So here is a private individual that will lose out on the money that he makes in his prime season. State troopers, by the way, have blocked the customers have entering the parking lot. How much are they spending on the state troopers? Again, Park Service ranger said, ‘We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can.’”

“The President has forced residents out of their private homes – the government shutdown being felt close to home for some locals. They say they’re being forced out of their private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land,” Glenn said. “Acadia Park, Maine, ‘We’ve been training at two years at Crossfit for this hike, no kidding.’ She said the shutdown now is going to keep everybody off of Acadia Park.”

“A historic restaurant opened during the last shutdown, forced to close. An iconic Philadelphia restaurant been forced to close its doors and turned away book parties because of the government shutdown,” he said. “That is a private restaurant. They won’t get any money back.”

“There’s a road that goes through a Colorado park,” Glenn said. “The forest service announced the Pitkin County commissioners to order that Maroon Creek Road be shut down at the height of the tourist season, ahead of what is supposed to be one of the busiest weekends of the fall. The road is to be closed at T Lazy 7 Ranch pending the resolution of the shutdown.”

“And here’s my favorite. We joked about this. They actually did it. They are now blocking access to trails, roads, and programs at South Dakota’s most popular attraction,” Glenn explained. “The National Park Service has now placed cones along the highway outside of Mount Rushmore this weekend, barring visitors from stopping and looking at the mountain. You cannot stop on the road. And they have officers there to ticket you if you do.”

“The U.S. Department of Agriculture has gone turned off its entire website in response to the government shutdown, leaving farmers, reporters, and others with no way to access any of the agency’s information online,” Glenn said. “The USDA’s total website goes far beyond response of other federal agencies. Seems to be part of an effort to make people feel the effects of the shutdown. Thursday morning calls to the USDA’s press office seeking an explanation were not answered.”

“The President has closed the Military Commissary. Military members and veterans and families who shop at the local tax‑free store were shocked to discover that the store’s doors had been locked. They have closed the PX. This is where you go and you shop if you’re a military family. This is at Andrews Air Force base. They have shut the commissary and they have shut the PX,” Glenn said. “So you can’t go buy any groceries, you can’t go buy any clothes, any medicine. You can’t go buy meat, nothing.”

But, not to worry, while the American people are adversely effected by the closing of privately funded businesses, monuments, and memorials around the country, the President can still enjoy some R&R at his favorite golf courses.

“However, the President’s golf course remains open. But he said that’s because the golf course is paid for by private funds. Wait a minute. So is the World War II Memorial. So is the farm. So is the restaurant. So is the damn road that you just put cones on,” Glenn said. “This is a strike and a slap across the face. This, I’m warning you, America, this is the sign of a dictator. He is slapping you across the face and saying, ‘You will behave. You will do what I tell you to do or I will punish you.’ If your friends don’t wake up and see the nonsense and see what they are in store for, when you’re spending money to put cones on the highway so people can’t stop and even see Mount Rushmore, we get everything we deserve. And we are about to get a lot.”
sums it up nicely

― Theodore Roosevelt
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

ThunderBunny wrote:...radical leftist agenda...
I actually laughed out loud at this statement.

And how is Glen Beck still relevant to any discussion?
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Glenn Beck wrote:The Republicans have agreed to a compromise by funding the part of the government, including the National Institute of Health, which offers children with cancer last‑chance experimental treatment…
Republicans: Care about children so much they only fund last-chance experimental treatment for cancer instead of a health care bill to improve the health of all children across the board. What a bunch of great guys!
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote:
Because you're a radical leftist.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

TB you wouldn't know what that phrase meant if someone wrote it on a sledgehammer and chucked it at your head.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

vision wrote:

And how is Glen Beck still relevant to any discussion?
So you dismiss the man and not the points :roll:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

What points? He only attempts to make a point in the last paragraph and that is hyper politically spun verbal diarrhea (Obama the evil dictator is punishing Americans!).

The scary part is even with a "point" that is as deceitful and manipulative as that, you can't dismiss the man because a terrifying number of people actually listen to him!
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So Krom, you and vision are saying all the items listed in the beck post are lies and never happened? Kill the messenger and the facts die with him eh? How Roman.