A Well Regulated Militia, part 5

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

A Well Regulated Militia, part 5

Post by callmeslick »

"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: A Well Regulated Militia, part 5

Post by woodchip »

You have a point here?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

just that we, in the US, have developed and continue to encourage an irresponsible gun culture, with idiotic laws going far beyond 2nd Amendment intent. Like the laws around safety and those that would fight it. Sometimes that matter becomes downright Darwinian:
http://americannewsx.com/hot-off-the-pr ... vist-shot/
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The only thing irresponsible are the blithering idiots that think our "gun culture" is irresponsible. I suggest you read then NRA instructions for safe gun handling instead of how some idiot handles one before you make any blatantly ignorant statements.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

apparently, some folks don't read the instructions. What a surprise, when there are no actual laws around safety.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And you think there are no penalties for harming someone when the harm is caused by unsafe firearm handling? Don't be a rube.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

That's all well and fine woody, but what if he'd actually followed through and shot his wife and kids first before shooting himself?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Then he is a nut job with mental problems. You don't need a gun to kill someone so don't go on a fishing expedition.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

But why should someone who's mentally ill be allowed to even purchase or own a gun in the first place? If this mental condition occurs or presents itself after the person has bought the gun, which can happen, should that person's gun rights, and guns, be taken away? Isn't that common sense?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Define mentally ill

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

the professionals can, and do, very succinctly. There is a 200 page document for that, that courts use for the purpose.
George Orwell---"1984"
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I also read this guy was pushing for tougher sentences for domestic violence.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:Define mentally ill
A physician has to make that determination. However, suicidal thoughts all by themselves can easily put someone into the classification of being mentally ill.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

*Shrug* He broke the law and got arrested.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Grendel wrote:*Shrug* He broke the law and got arrested.
*shrug* he threatened his wife with his weapon. Again. I guess that is why we have easy access to guns, right? Feeling safer?
George Orwell---"1984"
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

callmeslick wrote:
*shrug* he threatened his wife with his weapon. Again. I guess that is why we have easy access to guns, right? Feeling safer?
Gun, knife, spoon, I don't see a difference. I wouldn't feel safe around any politian -- I base my "safety level" on the sanity of the people around me.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
Stop being a goofy leftist loon slick. You can be better. If you think the reason we have "easy" access to firearms is to threaten our loved ones then you are far more mentally ill than the guy in question is.