The beginning of the End

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

The beginning of the End

Post by callmeslick »

...no matter whether he succeeds in cutting a deal or not, if this is remotely true, the End will be coming. It might not be quick, it sure as hell is going to get REAL messy. Watch your over-under pool selections, gang!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: The beginning of the End

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I still say unless Flynn is willing to throw Trump under the bus in a big way, my choice is still "over".
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

that will be the question, TC, and was sort of surprised that his lawyer is apparently shopping immunity already. That is pretty much the first step in a process of ratting out the folks upstairs, at least in criminal matters. My guess for a while has been around massive pressure placed upon Manafort and Flynn.....and, as a veteran I know reminded me, Flynn is under a potentially more stringent criminal code as a retired General Officer.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's getting messy. It appears laws were broken.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politic ... ts-n750676

So the White House won't release any vetting documents concerning Flynn to the appropriate investigating commitees and Trump slinks out of the room without signing his precious EO's of the day and without uttering a word when he's asked about it. I'm starting to think that Trump didn't even bother to vet Flynn in the first place. No vetting, no documents, bupkiss. Trump just hired the guy as National Security Advisor without checking him out first to even see if Flynn was a national security risk. Nice and professional. :roll:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Are you suprised? I'm not.

I saw this coming when I said that it was a bad idea to put a businessman in the white house.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

No, I'm not surprised at all and the most recent statement from Trump tells us all we need to know. He went in thinking he could change the country in less than 100 days and instead found out it's not so easy and that the doing the job is why most people who become president tend to get grey hair so fast. It's also rapidly looking like he's becoming one of the first presidents to actually consider getting into nuclear snit fit with NK. Then there's the regrets. So he misses driving heh? I'd like to know when did he ever drive? He's rich enough to have his own chauffeur and petty enough to want to leave the driving to those under his employ.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-tr ... 57057.html
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, this is all unravelling at about the pace I expected. This may as good a spot to place a summary of what has been known, observed and noted to date:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpInvestigation/wiki/doc
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Don’t worry…it’s only a very small penis...errrr, asteroid.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Small penis, but it's being carried by a YUGE overcompensating ego fueled by some cocaine-induced paranoia. Kiss your asses goodby because he's driving. :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

In the midst of the circus act called the Russian connection all you supposedly concerned and intelligent people overlook is the crime of revealing Flyns name from the result of information obtained from a search granted by a FISA court warrant. It is truly sad how you all can be gulled by something like the Russians supposedly tampering with our election when, after 8 months of "investigations" not one shred of proof exists that it occurred. :roll:
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

In the midst of the circus act called the Russian connection all you supposedly concerned and intelligent people overlook is the crime of revealing Flyns name from the result of information obtained from a search granted by a FISA court warrant. It is truly sad how you all can be gulled by something like the Russians supposedly tampering with our election when, after 8 months of "investigations" not one shred of proof exists that it occurred. :roll:
ROFL, After 30 years of burning taxpayer money up on "investigations" with far less credible evidence you still insist Hillary is a criminal.

You're going to have to do better than that.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ummm...where did I say Hillary was a criminal?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Could you go back to any time in the 18 years you have been registered on this forum and find some post on the subject where you haven't either gone along with accusations that Hillary is a criminal or implied as much?

And it is too late to peel that "lock her up" bumper sticker off your rust bucket of a pickup truck and pretend it didn't happen.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote:

And it is too late to peel that "lock her up" bumper sticker off your rust bucket of a pickup truck and pretend it didn't happen.
So know you are reduced to accusing me of a bumper sticker I don't have and the condition of my vehicle O drive. I guess I'll now have to reduce you to the level of TG and slick where you have to insult a poster to make your point.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:So know you are reduced to accusing me of a bumper sticker I don't have and the condition of my vehicle O drive. I guess I'll now have to reduce you to the level of TG and slick where you have to insult a poster to make your point.

No one has to insult you personally when you shoot yourself in the foot all the time.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

woodchip wrote:
Krom wrote: And it is too late to peel that "lock her up" bumper sticker off your rust bucket of a pickup truck and pretend it didn't happen.
So know you are reduced to accusing me of a bumper sticker...
No, he's not reduced to accusing you of that. That was just the only part of his post that you quoted because you conveniently left out the rest.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ferno wrote:
woodchip wrote:So know you are reduced to accusing me of a bumper sticker I don't have and the condition of my vehicle O drive. I guess I'll now have to reduce you to the level of TG and slick where you have to insult a poster to make your point.

No one has to insult you personally when you shoot yourself in the foot all the time.
Like you never got a word misspelled eh grammar Nazis. When you are reduced to criticizing some one because all you can do is find a grammatical error...you fail as a human being.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Jeff250 wrote:
woodchip wrote:
Krom wrote: And it is too late to peel that "lock her up" bumper sticker off your rust bucket of a pickup truck and pretend it didn't happen.
So know you are reduced to accusing me of a bumper sticker...
No, he's not reduced to accusing you of that. That was just the only part of his post that you quoted because you conveniently left out the rest.
Could you go back to any time in the 18 years you have been registered on this forum and find some post on the subject where you haven't either gone along with accusations that Hillary is a criminal or implied as much?
Krom

OK Jeff, tell me in this part of Krom's quote that I pasted that had any need to add his last sentence? As to his comment I pasted here other than this last election cycle, where was I commentating Hillary was a criminal

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

woodchip wrote:OK Jeff, tell me in this part of Krom's quote that I pasted that had any need to add his last sentence?
I'm not surprised that you don't find a joke at your expense funny.
woodchip wrote:As to his comment I pasted here other than this last election cycle, where was I commentating Hillary was a criminal
Asking when other than this last election cycle you accused Hillary Clinton of being a criminal is like asking when other than in the last five months has Donald Trump abused the office of the presidency.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote:
Ferno wrote:

Like you never got a word misspelled eh grammar Nazis. When you are reduced to criticizing some one because all you can do is find a grammatical error...you fail as a human being.

Oh this is just too easy. I'm saving this for posterity.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:In the midst of the circus act called the Russian connection all you supposedly concerned and intelligent people overlook is the crime of revealing Flyns name from the result of information obtained from a search granted by a FISA court warrant. It is truly sad how you all can be gulled by something like the Russians supposedly tampering with our election when, after 8 months of "investigations" not one shred of proof exists that it occurred. :roll:
Heh, heh, I was just waiting to post this little Trump train wreck of a presidency example in response to your "Clinton did worse than anything Trump has done" rants. I'd say Trump and crew have far and above topped anything in the mishandling of classified information department. What a doofus. No wonder the Russians love him. He's a gift from spy heaven.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... 4255fca27e

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

http://thepoliticus.com/content/trump-t ... or-details

And by the way, Trump's transition team even knew that Flynn might have to register as a foreign agent because of his lobbying for Turkey.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03 ... agent.html
woodchip wrote:
Krom wrote:

So know you are reduced to accusing me of a bumper sticker I don't have and the condition of my vehicle O drive. I guess I'll now have to reduce you to the level of TG and slick where you have to insult a poster to make your point.
Oh, and woody, don't you live in Michigan or somewhere in the upper mid-west? Don't they salt the roads in the winter where you live? If they do, how can you be insulted if your truck has rust? If your truck hasn't gotten rust cancer, I'd like to know how you keep it rust free in those conditions. When my husband lived in Minnesota, their family cars didn't last 5 years before the rocker panels and door bottoms rusted through. Even in rainy Oregon where they rarely use salt (Portland only) and not where I live at all, just driving the rain has started causing rust in spots on the chassis of my 4WD. :wink:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Nicely done, TC.

Now we wait for his inevitable "they did it so they're worse" comment with a dash about your sex life.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

to the title of the thread, Cheetolini just put the pedal to the floor, and glued a couple bricks onto it. This business about giving classified information to two Russians, one of whom has been linked to spy agencies his entire career, should pretty much bring this sordid mess to a far quicker close.

These bastards should hang, but won't.
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep, much worse than anything Hillary ever did. This whopper of a leak came from Trump's own presidential flaptrap, from right inside the Oval Office no less. What say you now woodchip? :roll:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... c67da41dd3
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

this was described by intelligence official as 'code-word level' sensitivity, involving not only US intelligence but revelations impugning a partner we've maintained on the inside.....
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

So now that's two people Trump has ended up killing.

First the botched raid in Yemen and now this.

Hey, pop quiz! How many people did Obama end up killing abroad like this? How many people did bush end up killing abroad like this? How many people did Clinton end up killing abroad like this?

Answer? zero.

But you know.. that's not as important as bringing back the jobs, using extreme vetting for immigrants and building that wall.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

si vis pacem, para bellum
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote:

Oh, and woody, don't you live in Michigan or somewhere in the upper mid-west? Don't they salt the roads in the winter where you live? If they do, how can you be insulted if your truck has rust? If your truck hasn't gotten rust cancer, I'd like to know how you keep it rust free in those conditions. When my husband lived in Minnesota, their family cars didn't last 5 years before the rocker panels and door bottoms rusted through. Even in rainy Oregon where they rarely use salt (Portland only) and not where I live at all, just driving the rain has started causing rust in spots on the chassis of my 4WD. :wink:
Yeah I live in Mi. Got a 2008 Dodge 3/4 ton PU. No rust yet. Don't do anything special. Neither do I have any bumper stickers. Maybe dodge is building them better.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote:Yep, much worse than anything Hillary ever did. This whopper of a leak came from Trump's own presidential flaptrap, from right inside the Oval Office no less. What say you now woodchip? :roll:

Yawn. Hillary passed classified info thru her home brewed server and you lefties all said it was a conspiracy. Some unnamed source whispers Trump passed classified info to a left wing newspaper and, pursuing the plan to get Trump impeached, the left wing press is now blowing this up as the stake to drive in Dracula's heart. In both Hillary's and Trump's case the trumpeter's of the respective camps were/are saying the info could cause agents deaths.

Get real. If the Trump case is causing peoples deaths, then the leak'er and the intel he has needs to be exposed.
Get real tired of all the anonymous sources and fake news they spout. That supposedly intelligent people here believe these Trump stories and yet pooh pooh the same kind of stories about Hillary or Obama shows how partisan their intellect is.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote: If the Trump case is causing peoples deaths, then the leak'er and the intel he has needs to be exposed.
Get real tired of all the anonymous sources and fake news they spout.
If you're going to call it a legitimately dangerous leak, you can't also call it fake news. Yes, it's ridiculous that someone thought it was so dangerous that Trump passed supposedly classified info to the Russians that they went ahead and passed that supposedly classified and dangerous info to the media. (who didn't report specifics, but still) Personally, I think Trump can share whatever he wants with whomever he wants. The Presidency is a powerful position, and there are drawbacks to electing an incurious self promoting game show host who doesn't know how to do what he wants to do. Hopefully we'll make it through to the other side and learn something from it.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
Yawn. Hillary passed classified info thru her home brewed server and you lefties all said it was a conspiracy.
lie #1, there is no record of that, nor documentaton of anyone showing any compromise at all in her use of the server
Some unnamed source whispers Trump passed classified info to a left wing newspaper and, pursuing the plan to get Trump impeached, the left wing press is now blowing this up as the stake to drive in Dracula's heart. In both Hillary's and Trump's case the trumpeter's of the respective camps were/are saying the info could cause agents deaths.
Trump ADMITTED he did so. Every plausible security expert, including some within the administration admits it was a greivous mistake. McMaster will likely get fired over this, by the way.
Get real. If the Trump case is causing peoples deaths, then the leak'er and the intel he has needs to be exposed.
the leaker is exposed.It's Trump, and he exposed Israeli intelligence shared with the US. Maybe Bibi thinks twice the next time. Great job.
Get real tired of all the anonymous sources and fake news they spout. That supposedly intelligent people here believe these Trump stories and yet pooh pooh the same kind of stories about Hillary or Obama shows how partisan their intellect is.
not true at all. I'm getting really tired of hackneyed apologists like you searching desperately for any reason to dispute the truth. You are a traitor to the nation. Pack and leave, please for the general good of the rest of us.
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

I think I'm just going to sit back here and watch woodchip's backfire effect happen.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

another lame defense I've heard today is along the lines of, "he's new at this" or "rookie mistakes". At what time did anyone, even DEMOCRATS, give Obama that free pass? Another classic piece of gaslighting is the sudden angst over Obama's sotto voce to the Russian foreign minister about being able to get things done after the election. Was that a state secret? Or, even a secret to anyone who understands the US political cycle? No, the bottom line is this: a leader's first responsibility to be effective is to know what he or she doesn't know and surround themselves with folks who DO. All 45 US Presidents were 'rookies' at some point, and we managed few blunders anywhere NEAR the level of bumbling and poor executive decision making this group makes a few times per average week. Who thinks its a good idea to both leave the State Dept gutted for events like this, or to leave State Dept staff in the dark that the Secretary has made a statement(a fact reported later yesterday)?? This is the sort of thing that will catch up with us all, whether via terrorist attack, internatonal incident or reckless actions of other sorts. Sad to see that folks like Woody are still in deep denial. They are traitors, at this point, to the nation, and should be shunned as such. I was amused to see the lead story on Fox last night about Clinton actions in 2010. They, too, are traitorous, but at least they aren't an American franchise being owned by Australian and Saudi interests.......
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:Yep, much worse than anything Hillary ever did. This whopper of a leak came from Trump's own presidential flaptrap, from right inside the Oval Office no less. What say you now woodchip? :roll:

If it weren't for the leakers, we'd never know what kind of crap Trump is doing or getting our country into, legal or illegal. I'm guessing that the leakers within his own WH have a conscience and are appalled at the way they see Trump running the ship of state. Remember woody, you praised the leakers when they gave us the dirt on Hillary. You can't condemn what you previously approved of. :wink:

You're also missing a vital point. It turns out today that it appears that Israel was the "partner" that had their cover blown by Trump in his "shoot from the hip" type of diplomacy. OUR intelligence agencies are now warning Israel to NOT share classified intelligence with President Trump.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/223208

Our own agencies apparently don't trust President Trump enough to keep his trap shut and this little warning was put out back in February. I'd say their worries were well founded.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-le ... ion-2017-2

Now, here's the problem woodchip, how many of our other "partners" will start holding back on sharing intelligence just to protect their own asses from Trump's big fat motormouth? How do you think that will impact our global fight on terrorism?

You know what the kicker is? Trump never wanted us Americans to see his little WH meetings with Lavrov or Kislyak. Plus, this little flip-the-bird-at-Americans came the very next day after Trump fired FBI Director Comey. right in the middle of an investigation about Trump's connections to Russia. Nice. The Russians have their very own asset living in the White House and no one can throw him out because having loose lips that sink ships isn't apparently illegal for a president.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 9e2815b98b