Rape a 5 year old girl...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Rape a 5 year old girl...

Post by Nightshade »

...get no jail time.
Three Muslim refugee boys who plead guilty in the heinous sexual attack of a five-year-old girl in Idaho were sentenced yesterday. No jail time. The judge barred everyone in the courtroom, including the victim’s own parents, from speaking about the case and threatened anyone with serious consequences if they violated his edict. Unheard of.

The sexual assault occurred at Fawnbrook Apartments, in Twin Falls, when a 5-year-old was lured into a laundry room, stripped of her clothing, urinated on, and orally and anally raped while the oldest boy filmed the entire incident.

Now, following a sentencing hearing Monday at the Snake River Juvenile Detention Center in Twin Falls, Judge Thomas Borresen of Idaho’s 5th Judicial District issued a gag order barring everyone in the courtroom from talking about it.

The victim’s lawyer is facing contempt charges because of a benign comment he made to the Idaho Statesman about the parents’ unhappiness with the verdict.

Mathew Staver, chairman and co-founder of the nonprofit legal assistance agency Liberty Counsel, told WND that Judge Borresen was completely out of line in issuing a gag order after the fact in a criminal case.

“It’s unconstitutional for the judge to do that. There are gag orders that can be put on people during a jury trial, or if it’s a minor they can prohibit you from mentioning the name of the minor, but they can’t gag you after the fact,” Staver said. “This is public at this point. This judge, it just seems like he’s forgotten about the First Amendment in this case. He has no authority to do this, he can’t hold someone in contempt to keep them from speaking out about their displeasure with the case after the fact.”

Staver said case law is clear on the subject of gag orders.
http://pamelageller.com/2017/06/no-just ... ants.html/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Rape a 5 year old girl...

Post by Vander »

I don't understand where you're getting "no jail time." As far as I can see, the records are sealed so the public doesn't know. Also of note, the guilty are ages 7, 10, and 14, which begs an answer to "what is a proper sentence?"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Vander wrote:I don't understand where you're getting "no jail time." As far as I can see, the records are sealed so the public doesn't know. Also of note, the guilty are ages 7, 10, and 14, which begs an answer to "what is a proper sentence?"
I'm sure there are penalties for kids that commit heinous crimes- but those three don't seem to have had any applied.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You mean like this guy, who's NOT a Muslim NS?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/texas-m ... -of-blood/

Or this bastard who's also NOT a Muslim?

https://thinkprogress.org/rich-heir-rap ... 80a413e980

I could list hundreds more examples. But the sick truth is, the vast majority of rapists, especially child rapists, since some child victims are too young to even understand what's been done to them, don't go to jail or even get punished. So why do you and every right-wing source out there keep focusing on just the Muslim rapists like they're the only ones who get away with this crap?

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/crimin ... ice-system

And as Vander asked, what IS the proper sentence for rapists that young? Prison? If so, where do you put them?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Vander wrote:I don't understand where you're getting "no jail time." As far as I can see, the records are sealed so the public doesn't know. Also of note, the guilty are ages 7, 10, and 14, which begs an answer to "what is a proper sentence?"
A damn good spanking and a few years of boot camp.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

While you guys were commenting, I did a bit of digging.

Turns out the story is wrong, and fueled by rumours

Not surprising, given the fact the OP is trying, yet again, to spread bull★■◆●.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote:While you guys were commenting, I did a bit of digging.

Turns out the story is wrong, and fueled by rumours

Not surprising, given the fact the OP is trying, yet again, to spread bull★■◆●.
And, there you go. I thought something stank when all the places that posted this very story were mostly right-wing or sensational sites.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Nightshade wrote:but those three don't seem to have had any applied.
Again, where are you getting this? Reporting on this says the records are sealed. WND and your link seem to be stating they got off, but without any factual information about the actual sentences.

edit - btw, I think we discussed this last year, which is what Ferno's link pulled up. There are a couple recent articles about the sentencing. (though they don't say what the sentences actually were, because it's sealed)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Vander wrote:edit - btw, I think we discussed this last year, which is what Ferno's link pulled up. There are a couple recent articles about the sentencing. (though they don't say what the sentences actually were, because it's sealed)
sealed because it's standard procedure for juvenile cases.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

What a shock, TB posts more racist bull★■◆●. Film at 11.