DBB Upgrade Credits Roll

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

DBB Upgrade Credits Roll

Post by Krom »

I would like to thank:

KoolBear for his continuing work on the themes. Also for breaking the DNS a couple weeks ago which got us all thinking and motivated about actually doing this upgrade in the first place. ;)

RC for engaging in mortal combat with the servers in order to get PHP 5.3.5 working properly and for sticking around in teamspeak sharing converter babysitting / bug hunting duty. Especially since it was the weekend and his wife and kids were trying their best to get his attention. ;)

Oracle VirtualBox for providing the environment for me to do trial runs of the conversion off site (I ran it 4 times @ 8-12 hours a piece :P) so I could find That One Post which brought the converter to an abrupt "access violation" halt.
Dakatsu for making That One Post. (Hint: Next time you feel like posting a 12,000+ character long unbroken string... Don't. ;) :P)

And we would all like to thank the remaining staff and ordinary users for keeping this place alive. :)
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re: DBB Upgrade Credits Roll

Post by KoolBear »

Krom and Richard are the true heroes of this upgrade, I am confident that it wouldn't have come across with everything intact without their efforts.

Kroms unyielding and tireless efforts at wrangling the database should be remembered into all eternity.
Richard Cranium bless his wittle heart had to completely rebuild a server for us to use with all the latest bells and whistles!

I honestly can't take credit for the DNS issue though, still not sure what happened! :P I was called back from retirement because the DBB had gone AWOL!

We are currently running hack free! I will start updating the remaining DBB related themes in the near future. Please be patient there is a thread in the Feedback forum please use it :)

As Krom said the greatest Thank You is to you the users of the DBB! I thank all of you for your patience and keeping the DBB a fun place to visit.

See you in the mines!
<*}}}><
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Big thanks to all three - KB, Krom and Richard! 8)

Good work guys!
Prepare for DESCENT!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

This new forum is great. I'm not even sure what theme I like the best.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Well done! I have only a hobby-level understanding of C++, and if working with it is anything like the troubles of working with server-side scripting and a HUGE database, I am impressed at the work that went into it.

And KoolBear, thanks for breaking the DNS so we would eventually end up with a new forum. That was entirely planned from the start, right? Right?
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Krom, Kool Bear, and RC are credit to team!
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Hear Hear - well done to all involved. It looks great. :D
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Awesome, awesome work, guys!! :mrgreen: