Integration, Trackers, and D2! Oh my!

This forum is dedicated to the development of a current ladder system. Constructive conversation is welcome and desired!

Moderator: Ryujin

Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Integration, Trackers, and D2! Oh my!

Post by Ryujin »

Hey pilots, I just wanted to let you know that DescentBB.net, DescentValhalla, and D2X-XL have teamed up to provide some great new enhancements for the Descent community.

First up is D3 tracker support for the DBB! Scroll down on the DBB front page to see D3 games right on your favorite forums.

Secondly, we've added D2X-XL tracker support! You can now find D2X-XL games here on the DBB or DescentValhalla.com. While you can join D2X-XL games on DescentValhalla using Windows right now, the DBB will be adding D2X-XL joining capability soon that will work across all platforms. Very cool! If you don't know what D2X-XL is, check out Descent2.de. In short, it's an open-gl port of D2 that provides some nice improvements over the original including updated graphics, Internet multiplayer support, and much more.

Lastly, we've created a DescentValhalla-themed DBB. Now you can visit DescentVahalla.com for trackers, missions, and your favorite forums. Check out Descent Valhalla and click "Forums" to see what I'm talking about.

Big thanks to Karx, KB, Jeff250, and others for all working together to get these efforts completed. Feel free to buy these guys a beer or donate to their respective sites next time you see them. A lot of time goes into these projects and motivation is to keep this great game alive. We welcome any and all feedback on these enhancements.

Edit: KoolBear made this a Global Announcement for a few days.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Integration, Trackers, and D2! Oh my!

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

God damnit...

That's excellent.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

And I just got my D2 cd a few months ago... :twisted:
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Yes this is awesome. Multiplayer was and is always what breathed so much life into Descent. Beyond the fact that killing bots in a 3d environment was friggin awesome and way beyond it's time, now you could actually fly around and kill each other >:). Anybody that doesn't understand that doesn't know ★■◆● about this game.