e3

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

e3

Post by Gooberman »

I am surprised there is no thread, or if there is I missed it.

With all the next gen systems comming out its shaping up allready to be 100x better then last years lame e3.

Killzone has got to be one of the best looking games I've ever seen, the trailer makes doom3 look like pacman. Xbox 360 better be careful with that one, ps3 title only.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That's...that's... :shock:
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Seems like the server is over run. It can't be viewed.
Pun
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Pun »

is that actual gameplay footage?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Man, never thought I'd see the day where console games are about the only thing being shown at E3. www.ve3d.com is my main site for game info and it's overrun by console games. :( No, I refuse to buy one. :P I'll have to wait for the trusty PC games.
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

E3 is overrated.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

punisher wrote:is that actual gameplay footage?
It's listed as "real-time" but I have my doubts. We will have to wait and see.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Nintendo Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo, which also acknowledges that the next-generation race isn't solely about new technologies. By contrast, Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is 13-15 times more powerful than the first, according to the publisher. And Sony says it's PlayStation 3 is roughly 35 times more powerful than PlayStation 2.
Wow, talk about just rolling over and giving up. Oh well, Mario and Zelda will be on the xbox360 and PS3 soon enough.
D2Junkie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by D2Junkie »

Yes, but calculate the two-three part, and look at video capabilities. A 128 MB card should theoretically be twice as powerful as a 64 MB card, but it just isn't so. Unless Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are all rating their systems in actual performance, then we're talking about some subjective ratings here. I have a hard time imagining that Nintendo will roll over and give up when they've always been the top-notch video game company. And remember, Microsoft will always overrate everything it does. Windows NT was supposed to be an entirely new OS *Cough* and all it ever amounted to was Windoze 95 for businesses, basically.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Whoa, that's one impressive looking shooter.
*Javed*
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *Javed* »

Yeah I read a crapload about E3.

I'm waiting for 2 things. PS3 and Socom for PSP.

And lets hope Killzone Next Gen does not screw up. The first one looked great by videos and whatnot...had great reloading effects. Turns out the game was pretty crappy..no jumping, people would take god knows how many hits before they'd die (even on the head). I'm positive the graphics will look badass..just like the first one did for PS2.
Jagger
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Jagger »

I'm not going to E3 this year. It's fun the first couple of times, then it gets kinda old. Sure I got to see the DS and PSP waaaay before they were released, but so what? Now they're both out, and what good does that do?

(/rant) :)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Does this mean we still get to play crappy games on the console but with higher resolution graphics and higher polys on these "next-gen" platforms? :?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Top Wop wrote:Does this mean we still get to play crappy games on the console but with higher resolution graphics and higher polys on these "next-gen" platforms? :?
DUH!

;)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

What's this about Nintendo giving up?
The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
You can have your insane processor power and shiny textures; I'll take twenty years of kickass games. Now that's what I call backwards compatibility. :D This is the first news about the next-gen systems that's actually gotten me excited.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

That is cool, but

1. To have had a Nes you have to be in your 20's or older now, and that 20+ age group just is not Nintendo's market, at all.

2. It just isn't a deal breaker. Mario and duck hunt on one hand, Kill zone or Halo3 on the other. It just isn't a factor.

Nintendo's only hope is to significantly undercut PS3 and Xbox360's price tag.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i'm prettysure the PS2 already has a (unofficial of course) snes emultor as well as other emulators.
obviously the xbox has them too, since it's prettymuch a pc.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Well, that depends. It isn't only NES, there are also SNES and N64 titles. While the 'nostalgia' gaming market isn't big, it is there... primarily because the old games used to play better.

Actually, Duck Hunt wasn't even a Nintendo title if I remember... it was for Atari, which is even more antiquated than the NES...

Not to cause any offense... but the current run-of-the-mill FPSes strike me as games for kids with ADHD. I would rather have something that actually required thinking, or interested me with something other than pretty graphics (which get fairly plain quite quickly).
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Duck hunt was bundled with one of the earlier consoles.
I...er my kids played that on a nintendo way back when.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

D2Junkie wrote:Yes, but calculate the two-three part, and look at video capabilities. A 128 MB card should theoretically be twice as powerful as a 64 MB card, but it just isn't so.
It has twice the [texture] memory, not twice the "power".
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Finally they came up with a title for the new Zelda game which is "Twilight Princess"
Can't wait for it!
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

^^ nintendos market
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It's not only him; I'm thinking of buying a GameCube for the sole purpose of getting the new Zelda game and Smash Bros. Melee; all of the other great GC games are just a bonus. Games don't need tons of gore/explosions to appeal to a more mature audience. Personally, I'd rather play an E-rated Nintendo game over a FPS anyday. :)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Metroid Prime? Heard good stuff about that one too...
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Yeah, Metroid Prime is a good game
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

Gooberman wrote:
1. To have had a Nes you have to be in your 20's or older now, and that 20+ age group just is not Nintendo's market, at all.
to have had an Nes you could have
1. gone and bought one at gamestop two minutes ago...
:P