I need some Help with d3

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

I need some Help with d3

Post by Money! »

Here's my situation.

My Cd drive is broken. It doesn't read CDs. I recently had my hard drive cleaned out, but I saved my D3 folder. I'm trying to get the game working again w/o having to use the install disks. I made a new folder in C called Games and put the D3 folder in there. I have vortex and it works fine. I downloaded the no cd crack and ran it. But when I try to play, a error comes up that says \"Error: No renderer set. Make sure you have run the game from the launcher\"

What do I do? Any way to fix this problem w/o getting a new disk drive?

Any and all help is appreciated
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

You need to run the launcher by running descent3.exe then click setup and set it to either Direct X or OpenGL it sounds like you are starting the by skipping the launcher with main.exe.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Once you run the launcher, if you have Mercenary installed as well and it gives you an error about \"guidebotred\" email me and I'll send you the missing registry files you need to make it work, doesn't matter where it is installed.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

I got it worked out! Thank you both. Krom, I do not have mercenary, so I'm all good. Thanks again!

This can be closed.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

Your welcome glad it worked.