Geo mod in this??

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

Ωinfinity
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Geo mod in this??

Post by Ωinfinity »

Does anyone think this game should have geo-mod-like qualities?

Now from what I've read Descent 4 was supposed to have the Geo Mod put into it. That is until it was cancelled and all the Geo Mod stuff was used in Red Faction.
I personally would like to see Core Decision use something similar.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Geo-Mod was really a feature ahead of it's time. I don't expect to see game engines that can really handle destroyable/deformable levels for a long time. And deformable levels aren't even what developers are working on, plus it would really require a total rethinking about how levels and maps are constructed. And not just from a construction standpoint, key hunts and code searches would be meaningless in a game where any door in your way can just be blown up.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Krom wrote:...And not just from a construction standpoint, key hunts and code searches would be meaningless in a game where any door in your way can just be blown up.
very true Krom.... but I've always found it curious that you could shoot a missile roughly the same size as your ship that, on detonation, is able to shake the entire MINE and not so much as scorch the door it was fired at!
;) :mrgreen:
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I hate Geo-Mod. Not only is it easier to get stuck in the floor (or walls, in 6DoF FPS case) but hackers, or \"modders\" (as the gay red faction people called them) can completely destroy the floor (or the mine). Ask Hunter... he knows. ^_~