Blue Falcon

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Blue Falcon

Post by Bet51987 »

One night last April just as I entered Subway Dancer I saw the tail end of a remark made by \"Blue Falcon\" that mentioned a sickness he had. He left before I had a chance to ask him any questions but I got bummed out big time when Ain't Skeerd told me he was diagnosed with cancer. I liked him a lot as a player. I tend to get attached to people I like and have been emailing him regularly since April. The last email to me came from his wife telling me he isn't doing well but enjoys my emails.

I thought if anyone remembers playing with him you can send him an email and his wife would read it to him. I don't know how to attach an email here so I just copied and pasted our last few conversations.

Bee

=======================================
To: bettina c

hi bettina
this is bert's wife . he has not been doing so good these past coulpe weeks. it's really the pain in the spine that won\"t allow him to move i have told him about your e-mails and it does bring a smile to him i'm glad someone else keeps him in their thoughts thank you for your prayers helen

==========================================================================
----- Original Message -----
To: hengel
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:05 PM
Subject: You

Hi Bert...

You haven't answered my last email to you so it probably got lost in the mail. I had a short schedule today although it started earlier and now I'm home doing my chores. We had a new security system installed ever since that family was murdered in Connecticut and I even have a thing on my keychain that can activate it even from across the street. The alarm is one that dials into the police station directly. I have keys, a mace can, and now this thing. My dad is kind of paranoid about my safety. :)

I still wait for the day I see your name in Subway because you were always one of the nicer bunch of people and I miss you a lot.

Please don't do anything stupid......you hear me?

Your friend always...

Bettina

=================================================================================

Sent: Fri 9/21/07 4:25 PM

Hi Bert...

Lets see.. Beat up some boys in Abend last night but had to quit early to have dinner with dad. We talked about my grades which are great, my goal as a Special Education teacher for kids with learning disabilities, and my boy friend. Tell you about that later... :)

I know your busy, but I will keep checking my email.
B/F
Bee

No virus found in this incoming message.

===============================================================================

Hi again?
Sent: Tue 9/18/07 8:02 PM
Hi \"Blue\"

Wanted to drop you a note to say hi. I did visit your website and can't get over how beautiful the girl in the photo is. She reminds me of someone in my church.

Nothing much is going on with me except studying, which right now, is Attention Deficit Disorder in children. I find it pretty easy because I have always dealt with kids in my park job and church. They seem to \"hover\" around me no matter what function we are at. :)

I still talk to my priest once a week about you and I make sure that blue candle is still lit. I hope you started your treatment again because I miss seeing your name in Subway. Aint Skeerd sends his best.

Please give me some good news.... Please?

BFF

Bee

==============================================================================

Hi B>?
Sent: Sun 9/09/07 6:59 AM
To: bettina c
Thanks for the letter !
Missed 2 sessions of chemo , 1st week my sugar level was too low , and last week my blood platlets was too low , so the doctors were unable to give me treatment ,

I tell you without the treatments the pain is unbareable
moveing around is hard and painful , but I`m managing.
hey you want to check out my web site , go too
http://my.amvona.com/bert4760
and you can see some of my picture work , my daughter
wanted some pics for a modleing carrer she pursued , before she got into an car accident , so don`t think I`m some perve or something lol.

I wish you he best of luck in college , and hope your dreams come true . Stay focused and alert , with all that`s happened in the past with crazy students , please be careful , and beware of those who bare gift , just to let you down ( trojen horse syndrom )

say hi to all ,
b/f ( bert )
=============================================================================

Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:04 PM
Subject: you again

Hi Blue...

Tell me whats going on and how you are feeling. I start back to college on Monday and my park job came to an end today but not before one of the kids gave me \"pinkeye\" which will hopefully be cleared up before I start school. We miss you in Subway.

Bettina
==========================================================
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I really missed Blue Falcon. :cry:
I hope he gets well soon
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Blue's a good guy, from the times I've met him in-game and read his posts (mostly over at PlanetDescent).

Definitely praying for him.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

I really miss being able to play online. I could only get it to work once, but for less than a minute. :(

Also, I hope everything goes okay for him too.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Please edit the email addresses out. Give it to ppl via PM. Harvesters are crawling all over the internet..
ImageImage
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Grendel... Good point. I took out the email addresses.

Mzero..... I passed your message along to Blue and sent you a copy. Thank you very very much.

Bettina
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Not saying i know him personally, but send him my best regards as well.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Behemoth wrote:Not saying i know him personally, but send him my best regards as well.
Thanks. I will add the names in this thread to my emails to his wife. Even if he doesn't recognize the pilot names, its a name coming from Descent...

Bee
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

I only got to play him a couple of times, but he was enjoyable. Throw my name on please, Bett.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Throw my name on as well. ^_^
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

I don't know Blue Falcon, but as a fellow descenter (and human being), I'll be praying for him.
Strife
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Strife »

I'm sure he doesn't know me as I haven't really been part of the d3 community... But my prayers are with him. If hes been around a long time he might have known me an Instinct on Kali. Good luck my man. Stay strong and you will win this battle so we can actually get to meet in the mines.
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

Blue Falcon made me smile more than once in Subway. Tack a :) on that email for me please.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Might as well throw me up on that list...
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I sent this to Blue Falcon. The email looks a lot nicer than it does here :).... I haven't had a reply since my last one but I'm sure their busy.

Hi Bert...

Think of this as a get well card. All the names below were given to me to be sent to you with their comments. You already have Mzero's. Just remember that a lot of players don't visit any of the DBB's so would not be on the list but I'm sure they are all waiting for your return. I will send a private email to you tommorrow. :)

BFF Bettina

================================================

From your D3 friends:

\"Behemoth\"......Not saying i know him personally, but send him my best regards as well.

\"Mickey 1\"....Blue Falcon made me smile more than once in Subway. Tack a (smile) on that email for me please.

\"Strife\".....I'm sure he doesn't know me as I haven't really been part of the d3 community... But my prayers are with him. If hes been around a long time he might have known me an Instinct on Kali. Good luck my man. Stay strong and you will win this battle so we can actually get to meet in the mines.

\"Dakatsu\"....Add me to the email.

\"Kilarin\"....I don't know Blue Falcon, but as a fellow descenter (and human being), I'll be praying for him.

\"Grizz\"....I only got to play him a couple of times, but he was enjoyable. Throw my name on please.

\"Saphire Wolf\".... Throw my name on as well. ^_^

\"TIGERassault\".... I hope everything goes ok for him.

\"Foil\".... Blue's a good guy, from the times I've met him in-game and read his posts (mostly over at PlanetDescent). Definitely praying for him.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I don't recall ever meeting or playing him, but what the heck... Tell him that though it is bitter at times, he should do his best to enjoy life through everything. Misfortune happens to us all, but never give up hope because there will surely be a brighter tomorrow.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I never knew the guy, but my thoughts and prayers are with him. From one fellow Descenter to another.