I will never paintball again.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by grizz »

Bet51987 wrote:
roid wrote:Bet51987 have you ever broken a bone while having fun?
No. I've never been physically hurt.

Bee
One of my sons broke his ankle last year coming off the high bar in gymnastics, had to get a steel plate and 10 screws put in. He was back working out in 3 months.

Another broke his wrist the year before falling off a ladder. He also tore a ligament in his knee last year and had to get surgery.

There's a video on MySpace of my oldest son and his Marine Corps buddys jumping off an 80 ft. bridge into a river. He dislocated a couple of ribs on that one.

Paintball's just a pleasant way to pass the time for them.

I'm just glad they aren't as rowdy as I was when I was a kid.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Geez, I guess I'm pretty fortunate, I've only had a single stitch, no broken bones.

And I was really active up through my college years, too... jumping bike ramps, skateboarding, wrestling my younger brother, football (full-pads and pick-up full-contact no-pads), fencing, mountain climbing, plus a head-on collision at 70mph when I was 18.

And after all that, the one stitch was because of hitting my head on a table corner... :P
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Ehh... worst I got was a broken leg, while running. (I ran, I bumped into someone, I fell on tarred granite, and I found out that that was all that was needed to break a leg.
The only bad one I got recently was a torn knee ligament, which I also got from running into someone.

I also have a flat dent in my forehead that I got when I was young, but I can't remember how I got it.
grizz wrote: One of my sons broke his ankle last year coming off the high bar in gymnastics, had to get a steel plate and 10 screws put in. He was back working out in 3 months.

Another broke his wrist the year before falling off a ladder. He also tore a ligament in his knee last year and had to get surgery.

There's a video on MySpace of my oldest son and his Marine Corps buddys jumping off an 80 ft. bridge into a river. He dislocated a couple of ribs on that one.
I hope you don't get offended by this, but your children are idiots.
:D
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by grizz »

quote]
I hope you don't get offended by this, but your children are idiots.
:D[/quote]

I do get offended. Maybe we'll meet in person some day. Or better yet maybe you'll meet one of them.
azgsusfreak
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by azgsusfreak »

I have never paintballed on a designated field... but I love to play in the woods. I have always wanted to find an old building to use. Anyway, if you don't like the bloody, close quarters stuff, try just going w/ some friends on public land. alot of times we play Cicil War- only one shot in the gun at a time, 15 shots total. it cuts down on expense, and newbies don't have to be as afraid! don't give up on it yet- its a great sport!
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

So what does idiocy has to do with just plain having fun? Accidents happen.

we all do stupid things once in awhile that we have not thought very thoroughly before acting. :wink:
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

Here's one of my kids pursuing his latest hobby.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

^ hahahaha, nice one, grizz. That looks awesome to do.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I would love to play paintball, but it is way more popular in the U.S. than here. Would depend on the people I'd play with though.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Ya... it would suck to be hit from behind by your own teammates all day.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

lol just a few months back my brother in law was showing me his new paint gun. He walked around 6 feet out and dared me to shoot him in the arse. I guess my aim aint that good as I hit him in the back. Boy did that leave a good welt that turned into a sweet bruise!

I have probably forgotten most of the injuries I recieved over the years of playing on the farm, but I can say there were numerous trips to the emergency room for my 3 brothers and I.

One of my favorite memories is when we convinced my youngest brother to climb to the roof of the barn with a piece of cardboard and slide down the roof onto a huge pile of straw. He slid down at an amazing speed for a 50 pound lil guy and flew over the straw and landed right onto the ground! Luckily it was fall and the ground was softer than usual.
I think we all got hurt worse by the leather belt used to whip us good by my step father!

ahh the memories!Come to think of it, it's amazing we survived to adulthood!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

6 feet?!

Geez, whenever I've paintballed, they make it quite clear you can't shoot someone within even 6 yards.

Distance really does make a difference - the times I've been hit, it stings for a moment, but I've never had a welt or bruise.
azgsusfreak
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by azgsusfreak »

[quote="Foil"]6 feet?!

Geez, whenever I've paintballed, they make it quite clear you can't shoot someone within even 6 yards.

Lol! 6 yards is ideal, but rarely happens. We play in brush, you are sneaking around a corner and run into someone... light 'em up before they get you! We are nice enough to take head shots if possible though, they are harder to dispute and hurt less at close range. But I guess ppl rarely dispute if you paste them from 6 feet, they are trying not to cry! Man I love this sport.