The 4400 has been canceled

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

The 4400 has been canceled

Post by MD-2389 »

Scott Peters wrote:To all the wonderful fans of The 4400

It's with great sadness that I pass along to you the information I've just received -- The 4400 has been cancelled. We've had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters. Thank you especially to the folks on the board here whose tireless devotion to the show is nothing short of remarkable. Shout out to Bubba, by the way! I love your posts, man.

I just spoke to Joel and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we'll miss our family that is our crew and our cast... and our fans. But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!

So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end. Be well and on behalf of all of us at The 4400 -- thank you, it's been a pleasure.

Scott Peters
Creator / Executive Producer
The 4400
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph ... 613&type=0

Now this just pisses me right the hell off! Why is it the good shows get cancelled?! Seriously, this is one of the few shows that actually encouraged you to think for yourself and try to guess what was going to happen next! The writing was downright brilliant! This show was almost as good as "The Pretender" for crying out loud! Way to go NBC for cancelling one of the most popular scifi shows on the USA network. :roll:
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

blame the writer's strike.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I couldn't stand that show.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

uh.. ok. This was a show?
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I don't remember ever hearing about a show called \"The 4400\" ... so for me it's no great loss.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Almost as good as \"The Pretender\"?! You gotta be kidding me.

\"The 4400\" was good in it's first season. After that, it just got... ridiculous.

[Disclaimer: the above was written by a big fan of \"The Pretender\". 8) ]
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: The 4400 has been canceled

Post by d3jake »

MD-2389 wrote:Now this just pisses me right the hell off! Why is it the good shows get cancelled?!
I have your anwser to your question.

Seriously, this is one of the few shows that actually encouraged you to think for yourself and try to guess what was going to happen next! The writing was downright brilliant! This show was almost as good as "The Pretender" for crying out loud!
Now a days it seems that the "good" shows are those with crude jokes, and women who are falling out of their cloths. That isn't to say that there aren't any shows that are intelligent, certainly there are some...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

the pretender was good and all, but i got so sick of this woman's character i stopped caring.

the 4400, that was that show where every episode went for 2 hours right?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

roid wrote:the pretender was good and all, but i got so sick of this woman's character i stopped caring.

the 4400, that was that show where every episode went for 2 hours right?
First off, Andrea Parker is SMOKING hot (once she quit smoking that is!). Now to answer your question, The 4400 is a series about everyone that had ever "disappeared" or been "kidnapped by aliens" was suddenly sent home at once. The catch, is that each of them had a special ability. (Some extreme, while most were rather benign.) I could go further with explaining this, but it would ruin the first season for you. (which was just a 5 part mini-series)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Ahh yes, I remember that show.
It wasn't all that bad.
Funny though, here in AUS they only showed the mini series, and after that? Don't know. :|
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:Ahh yes, I remember that show.
It wasn't all that bad.
Funny though, here in AUS they only showed the mini series, and after that? Don't know. :|
You really missed out man. Atleast the good side is that the DVD sets are dirt cheap. I think I paid like $25 for season 3 a while back off of Amazon.com. You can watch the pilot off of youtube if you want.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

MD-2389 wrote:
roid wrote:the pretender was good and all, but i got so sick of this woman's character i stopped caring.
First off, Andrea Parker is SMOKING hot (once she quit smoking that is!).

she was a pair of stilettos with a pout balancing on top

:lol:
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

roid wrote:
MD-2389 wrote:
First off, Andrea Parker is SMOKING hot (once she quit smoking that is!).

she was a pair of stilettos with a pout balancing on top

:lol:
ROFL :lol: That description fits her. That was always my impression of her, I just didn't have that most excellant description. Thanks!