Ron Paul a Racist?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Ron Paul a Racist?

Post by Dakatsu »

I was watching a youtube video, and someone spammed that Ron Paul was a racist. Natrually, I often will slightly look into claims like these, often with no results to note that I am not at fault, but a lot of websites have this article quoted, both conservative and liberal:
Paul reported on gang crime in Los Angeles and commented, “If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be.”

“Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,’ I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,” Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although “we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.”

Stating that lobbying groups who seek special favors and handouts are evil, Paul wrote, “By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government” and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism.
Now, I cannot find a source for this article, but it has been found in quotes enough, can anyone confirm or deny this?

On his website, it says this:
Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution.

A nation that once prided itself on a sense of rugged individualism has become uncomfortably obsessed with racial group identities.

The collectivist mindset is at the heart of racism.

Government as an institution is particularly ill-suited to combat bigotry. Bigotry at its essence is a problem of the heart, and we cannot change people's hearts by passing more laws and regulations.

It is the federal government that most divides us by race, class, religion, and gender. Through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, government plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails. Government \"benevolence\" crowds out genuine goodwill by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. This leads to resentment and hostility among us.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called \"diversity\" actually perpetuate racism.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence - not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

In a free society, every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Racism will endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in terms of individual liberty.
But hell, Mitt Romney said that he was for abortion, so hey. If he is a racist, then that scratches out all the political candidates I could possibly like :(
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Hmm... it's a tough situation there. Because even though he's being blatantly racist and exaggerating, there are a higher percentage of black people commiting crimes than white people, due to them still being stuck in the poorer parts of the country due to the aftermath of when there was racism in the country, and that point is brought up much less than it should be.

Also, it would appear that even if they are true, they've been reported from over 8 years ago.

Edit: Actually, I just noticed that you only found four racist comments. I really wouldn't even consider him to be racist if that's all he said.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

TIGERassault wrote: Edit: Actually, I just noticed that you only found four racist comments. I really wouldn't even consider him to be racist if that's all he said.
only 4 huh. tell that to Trent Lott and other top republican's if you connected one of the Top republican candidates with just 1 racial comment the left would be calling for his head. glad to see you can be so lenient while others would crucify.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I'm surprised it took this long for the undermining to begin. Must be getting credible.

Facts aren't racist. Just because 90% of the crime is by black people doesn't mean he thinks they are niggers.

Why is critical thinking so absent in this country.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

you know the answer to that testi.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Is'nt he the big tranny?? How can he/she be a racist?
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Wha? CUDA and Cuda68? did I miss something?!?!?!?! :?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Dakatsu wrote:Wha? CUDA and Cuda68? did I miss something?!?!?!?! :?
UHMM yes you did
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

heh - by about 7 years or so - lol

Sorry, just noticed you have only been around a year or so :P

I lurk allot though
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

Ron Paul 08

Ron Paul is not a Racist.

Testiculese, Why schools suck.

World wide support:

Funny but True:
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

This guy thinks Ron Paul is a racist. I just don't see it. I think Earl doesn't understand the cost of freedom. You have to take care of yourself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofar ... 79495.html
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I don't think he's racist, just crazy.
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

Radical: yes. Crazy: I don't know about that. Help me out here. Can you describe a view he has that does not reflect reality?

MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Testiculese wrote:Why is critical thinking so absent in this country.
Because it requires effort. Theres also the fact that some people take facts, and twist them from what they are and say its racist. Just like the people in the ghetto in New Orleans during Katrina. Just because alot of them didn't get out, and didn't get aid for days, the government MUST be racist. :roll: Its not racism, its nothing more than just population. I could take his quote about the blacks in LA, and apply it to Memphis and it would fit perfectly. Why? The majority of the population in Memphis are blacks. Its simple numbers, not racism.
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

MD-2389, Effort and education to give you the tools to be able to reason. Most people don't know the difference between empirical fact, subjective opinion and definitional statements. If you can't classify statements into these three categories you don't have a chance for critical thinking. Carlin is right on the money in this clip why this is the case with most people.

Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

Dakatsu here is a video from the Bill Moyers show on PBS. Ron Paul directly answering the question of Racism. A Libertarian can't be a Racist by definition.

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Thanks guys, just wanted the fact check to make sure I was right :)
Mickey1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mickey1 »

NAACP President: Ron Paul Is Not A Racist
Linder says Paul being smeared because he is a threat to the establishment.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/ja ... racist.htm