Help

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Sulaco
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Help

Post by Sulaco »

I had to rebuild my machine, and now I can't connect to a game on http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3?sort=proto:d ...

Everything works fine till the game goes for the connection, it bounces back to the D3 game select screen... any ideas?

thanks in advance

Sulaco
Sulaco
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I'm surprised no one has helped you yet. Did you get it working?

Did you see if the games you want to play are in the missions folder? Are you sure there is no \"lock\" in custom cache in your descent folder?

Good luck

Bee
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Sounds more like he forgot to apply the patches to update the game. But it has been so long since I played I dont remember anymore. This really should go to tech forum or PM Ace on it.
Sulaco
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Thanks

Post by Sulaco »

Hi Bet, long time... thanks for responding. Yep, the missions folder is chocked full of missions. I even reviewed, re-unzipped all of them again. Even browsed around planet descent and picked up a few more... The cache folder has full rights for everyone, it's ok. I've done a re-install from the original CD's (i've got two of the caps :) ) and added the black pyro expansion pack. I was thinking that the black pyro pack brought it up to the latest revision... true? Is there a \"service pack\" somewhere, I don't remember one. I've given the game no restrictions in zone alarm...

When I select a game on http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3?sort=proto:d it loads up descent, select pilot, and it tries to connect to the game........... ( <---30 seconds or so passes...) and it bounces back to the descent game screen, select pilot, new game etc. Hmmm, I think i've solved this years ago, but, I can't remember how I did it. Thanks for all your efforts... if I figure it out i'll certainly post it... and i'll check back often...

Oh, Bett, i've sure enjoyed playing subway dancer with you, you're one tough cookie.

Sulaco
Sulaco
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Hi Sulaco. I always have fun with you. :)

Did you install the patch? You need it for multiplayer. Try that...

viewtopic.php?t=4953

Bee
Sulaco
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sulaco »

Oh yea, the c:\\games\\descent3\\custom\\cache folder contains one file. It's name is \" empty \" and it's 1k ...

thanks again...

:)
Sulaco
Sulaco
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sulaco »

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOO

That fixed it !!!! The patch that you pointed me to did it. Apparently that level of patch isn't part ot the black pyro expansion pack...

thank you, thank you, thank you !
I grovel at your feet, uhhhh, stuff like that :). Bet you're the best! If it wasn't anarchy, i'd fly your wing anytime :).... you've made my day.

smooch
Sulaco
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Sulaco wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOHOOO

That fixed it !!!! The patch that you pointed me to did it. Apparently that level of patch isn't part ot the black pyro expansion pack...

thank you, thank you, thank you !
I grovel at your feet, uhhhh, stuff like that :). Bet you're the best! If it wasn't anarchy, i'd fly your wing anytime :).... you've made my day.

smooch
Don't forget Cuda for pointing it out too. :wink: See you in the mines.

Bee
Sulaco
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sulaco »

Thanks Cuda!
Sulaco