Razors?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Razors?

Post by SilverFJ »

Maybe it's just the foul mood I'm in, but when the flying hell did the men in this nation turn into girl scouts?

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/ar ... -on-razors
For years, I've felt like a sap whenever I bought razors.

It killed me to spend $2.50 to $3 a blade for my Gillette Mach 3. Yet the few times when I used cheap disposable razors, it was like shaving with a file.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, I bought a serviceable store-brand razor that costs about half the price of the premier brands.
I know probably nobody cares... \"dumb thread\"...but c'mon. Freakin' grow a pair, American men.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

[bold]American men[/bold]
Whoa doodles. You are so strong and patriotic I can tell by the way you post on a message board.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

*SilverFJ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *SilverFJ »

It's just another example of the discharacter of men in our country. They've become docile, effeminate, sissies. At least the long-hairs in the 60's/70's were ballsy enough to brave the woods, now we have \"emo\"...
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

Why do I find this thread dumb?

No duh, when you buy a crappy razor blade, it doesn't feel good, and it you get a bit of razor burn/acne after. I'm not gonna sit here a \"be a man\" when I can just get a better blade.

While I can agree, men are being turned into losers in america, I really don't think not liking poor razor blades is something we need to worry about.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

*SilverFJ wrote:It's just another example of the discharacter of men in our country. They've become docile, effeminate, sissies. At least the long-hairs in the 60's/70's were ballsy enough to brave the woods, now we have "emo"...
Wtf. Who poured water on SilverFJ?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Isaac wrote:
*SilverFJ wrote:It's just another example of the discharacter of men in our country. They've become docile, effeminate, sissies. At least the long-hairs in the 60's/70's were ballsy enough to brave the woods, now we have "emo"...
Wtf. Who poured water on SilverFJ?
what? he's pretty much right.

I have a straight edge just for the reason I can't stand pay those prices for blade cartridges. it's nuts.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I was talking about his second account; making a reference to gremlins. :P

If you like the $20 razor, .99 cent razor, or any in between, use that one. If someone judges you for using something else, you've identified a shallow wuss.

Silver, you're joking right? You can't possibly say \"grow a pair\" and complain about toiletries in the same post. I don't think you're being serious here.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Issac, he said he was in a foul mood. If you're on edge and something is bugging you (generally unrelated) it doesn't take a lot to set a person off.

He's right about \"growing a pair\" and what the general culture has done to masculinity over the last 30 years. ... razors were just a catalyst.

Haven't you ever heard George Carlin's routine on \"Scope mouth wash\"? :lol:

\"12 dead and they blame it on Marine training\".
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m confused…which side of the issue is SFJ on?

Too cheap to buy a good razor or, you are not a real man unless you go thru 2 septic sticks a month?

Or, is that the same side?

:lol:
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Just get an electric razor! :lol:
Why doesn't it work?
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Look! Pansies! Just shave with a chainsaw and git-r-done! :P
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

men don't need to pay a ton of cash for grooming, and Gillette's turned into the male version of Dove.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I don't understand. Am I supposed to say sorry to you for having facial hair? You better choose the right razors or you are un-american?

its a razor to shave your face you useless twats. =)
*SilverFJ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *SilverFJ »

My whole point was "whats happened to men in America". Razors are just an example. When you're spending more on grooming products than your girlfriend, it makes you want to take a step back and look at the big picture. If you like 5 blades and can afford it, hell, that's cool I guess. All this man-perfume (Axe, Tag, Bod) and stress on "exfoliation", and back trimmers, and guys wearing make-up who AREN'T freakin' shock rockers, looking like they're wearing their little sister's pants, etc etc.
Duper wrote:He's right about "growing a pair" and what the general culture has done to masculinity over the last 30 years. ... razors were just a catalyst.
See, Duper gets it. It only happened to be razors that set off my little rant 'cause of the Yahoo article I saw.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Phew, for a second I thought maybe, perhaps, it was TheWhat's mascara.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

TheWhat wrote:I don't understand. Am I supposed to say sorry to you for having facial hair? You better choose the right razors or you are un-american?

its a razor to shave your face you useless twats. =)
lol

I bite my whiskers off! ... on the Inside! :twisted:
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by TheWhat »

AlphaDoG wrote:Phew, for a second I thought maybe, perhaps, it was TheWhat's mascara.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3908663/bob.mp3

Duh brudders!
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

SJ, We're all in the mountains where even the weather is still real.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

This thread is a typical example of repressed male sexuality, probably learnt as a kid - when all the boys would play their \"who's a faggot?\" witchhunt games and jeer at one another. To avoid this pain, the sexually repressed male internalises a seething hatred for all feminine traits. In his pointless effort to remove everything feminine from himself and achieve a state of hyper masculinity - the sexually repressed male projects his detest for the feminine onto those around him, demanding that everyone else detest the feminine just like he does.
The sexually repressed male has been brought up to equate masculinity as a direct measure of his worth as a human being. And will not dare to recognise anything feminine as a legitamite part of life. This ultimately leads to a subconscious hatred of women, and can often manifest as violence against women and homosexual men.

Continually confused about his sexuality (and pathologically unable to experiment), the sexually repressed male still desperately tries to prove his worth to those around him by continually trying to demonstrate his masculinity.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It’s true It’s true…just look it up on WikiTube!
*SilverFJ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by *SilverFJ »

roid wrote:This thread is a typical example of repressed male sexuality, probably learnt as a kid - when all the boys would play their "who's a faggot?" witchhunt games and jeer at one another. To avoid this pain, the sexually repressed male internalises a seething hatred for all feminine traits. In his pointless effort to remove everything feminine from himself and achieve a state of hyper masculinity - the sexually repressed male projects his detest for the feminine onto those around him, demanding that everyone else detest the feminine just like he does.
The sexually repressed male has been brought up to equate masculinity as a direct measure of his worth as a human being. And will not dare to recognise anything feminine as a legitamite part of life. This ultimately leads to a subconscious hatred of women, and can often manifest as violence against women and homosexual men.

Continually confused about his sexuality (and pathologically unable to experiment), the sexually repressed male still desperately tries to prove his worth to those around him by continually trying to demonstrate his masculinity.
1) I'm a little like that, yeah, I can admit. I measure my worth by how much of a man I can be. But I attribute manhood to loyalty, accountability, honesty, manogamy, hard work, patience, and trust. You can be the most shredded lumberjack and if you're a sociopath you aren't really a man.

2)...OR, I heavily appreciate the femininity in the world and understand it has to be naturally counteracted by masculenity.

3) The reason I equate our nation with the subject is what, on a national scale, this trend of feminized men is one of the many factors turning us into a docile state. There's no way our founding fathers or citizens then would've put up with what's going on in government. Where are the real men going to be when they need to step up and fight? An aquaintance of mine got back from Iraq not too long ago, and his ass is STILL a puny little pushover.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

*SilverFJ wrote:You can be the most shredded lumberjack and if you're a sociopath you aren't really a man.
So be considerate of other people's feelings or you're not a man. :lol:

Silver let's braid each other's hair and talk about how our day went. :P
*SilverFJ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by *SilverFJ »

Sounds great. You bring the My Little Ponies. :D
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Issac that is so brokeback mountain of you. :D
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

I'm sure we're all dumber for having watched that, somehow.

I agree with you, SilverFJ. Most men aren't half the men they ought to be (macho has nothing to do with it). They're soft!
SilverFJ wrote:But I attribute manhood to loyalty, accountability, honesty, manogamy, hard work, patience, and trust.
Right on!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

*SilverFJ wrote:Sounds great. You bring the My Little Ponies. :D
I'll bring the manly ones. :lol:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

I'm comfortable enough with my feminine side to want to shave without it hurting.

Or perhaps I just don't like PAIN!!!!! :)

At least I don't shave my legs!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I'm going to mail you Silver's shaving kit.
edit: That's right. All the forks are needed in his process. Read the instructions.
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

I grow a beard..... it's a man thing, ya know ?
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Jeff250 »

grizz wrote:I grow a beard..... it's a man thing, ya know ?
2x... historically, a smooth face has been a sign of effeminacy and subordinance. :P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

*SilverFJ wrote:But I attribute manhood to loyalty, accountability, honesty, manogamy, hard work, patience, and trust. You can be the most shredded lumberjack and if you're a sociopath you aren't really a man.
So you think women arn't loyal, honest, manogomous, hard working, patient, or trustworthy. Mmmm.... Misogyny.
Also sociopaths come in both genders, it's not exactly a gender indicator.
*SilverFJ wrote:...this trend of feminized men is one of the many factors turning us into a docile state. There's no way our founding fathers or citizens then would've put up with what's going on in government. Where are the real men going to be when they need to step up and fight?
Yeah thesedays we actually have Women in government. We even have women in the military, stepping up to fight.
Hypocrisy test: Have you stepped up?

There seems to be no room in your worldview for any women to exist at all. You have have defined them as lesser humans, and have entirely excluded them from all of your definitions of what makes a good and valuable member of society.

Your comments seem to simmer down to this:

"WOMEN are what is wrong with America"
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Jeff250 wrote:2x... historically, a smooth face has been a sign of effeminacy and subordinance.
At my house, a smooth face gets kissed, whiskers don't. Or at least not as readily or with as much enthusiasm.

Perhaps I'm whipped, but I LIKE being kissed. Frequently, and with enthusiasm. Don't much care what anyone ELSE thinks about the state of my chin. :)
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

This thread is stupid. I'm getting really sick of all these ridiculous \"manly rants\" all over the web these days. I wear skinny jeans and use hair wax, never mind the messenger bag, oh my god I must be one of those metrosexual fag-wimps who's RUINING THE WORLD! Put a sock in it. There's nothing un-\"manly\" about taking care of your appearance. Hostility towards this sort of thing is usually the result of lazy guys who feel threatened by dudes who actually take care of themselves.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Real men eat quiche if they like it, and beat up anyone who laughs. :D
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Roid wrote:Your comments seem to simmer down to this:

This summation epitomizes your stupidity, Roid. His statements were not exclusive of women, men were the subject.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

Firewheel wrote:This thread is stupid.
*SilverFJ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by *SilverFJ »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:
Roid wrote:Your comments seem to simmer down to this:

This summation epitomizes your stupidity, Roid. His statements were not exclusive of women, men were the subject.
What he said.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

someone locked this, moving to E&C is a better idea.
The people must be free to call me an idiot. :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

roid wrote:someone locked this, moving to E&C is a better idea.
Good idea. This thread is up there with zeitgeist thread.