Cannot exit from D3 ?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

stebot
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Cannot exit from D3 ?

Post by stebot »

Hope someone can help me with a strange problem ,recently installed Descent3(patched to 1.04) so far gameplay is fine but when I want to stop playing.. I hit ESC
a small window opens, Ouit ? yes/no
I press yes - screen goes to BLACK !!!
I have to Cntl/Alt/Del get Task Manager , can close it from there but if I just close the Task Manager - then the Descent launcher comes up and I can hit Quit and actually quit and go back to Windows. Any help really appreciated.

Core 2 duo E6850 3GHZ/4MB
MSI P35 Neo-F
MSI GeForce NX8600GTS
Corsair DDR2-800 2x2GHZ
Win XP
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Most likely its the bug that has been in nvidia drivers for the last couple years. The game is still running so after leaving a game and getting to the black screen press escape a couple times till you hear the main menu sound, then press q (for quit) and enter a couple times, which should make it exit to the desktop.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

resolution switching error, try setting scaling in your nVidia Control Panel to GPU controlled instead of LCD controlled, or to fixed aspect just incase you have not read \"D3 on Newer Machines\" stickied thread in this Tech Forum

The video card settings section from Grendel (pic) and me apply to all Networking O/S's (XP, WIN2K, VISTA, WIN7)

Also if Krom's lil trick doesnt work, know that even though you can not see it you are at the main window of d3's menu. hit the down arrow on your keyboard about 6 times which will make the \"quit\" option highlighted and hit enter.. you will exit the game (d3's menu does not scroll back to the top like d1 and d2)

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
stebot
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Thanks

Post by stebot »

Appreciate the help , I had copied Grendals 3D Settings before posting. I have since switched Scaling from Monitor controlled to Nvidia controlled (can't find this setting now??).Though Kroms trick didn't seem to work, the down button and enter works just fine . Thank you both for your help