Good joystick config.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

SoulRunner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Good joystick config.

Post by SoulRunner »

Hey all.

My current joystick just broke. So i dug out a old, 2 axis-2 button(well, there is four buttons but Windows thinks three of them are the same)that i can use until this gets here. So i was wondering what would be a good config to use for my current joystick.

I currently have the stick doing forward/backward and turing. And i use the keyboard for pitch and back, but it isn't really working, and other suggestions would be great.
It is me, Slingshot! This is my other screen name
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I think there's an anti-logitech political party on this forum, as far as game sticks go.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

That's really not a tech question -- off to the cafe :)
ImageImage
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I don't know about joysticks (I was never able to use one properly paws, y'know) but I have a good keyboard/mouse config that works wonders for playing on a laptop (though my friend adapted it for his desktop keyboard).

I know it's not what you asked for, so I won't clutter up this thread with it unless you ask for it (BTW my mouse is only 3 buttons). The great part is it also works perfectly in other FPS and 3PS games.
SoulRunner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SoulRunner »

Well, seeing as its all i have for now, I'd like to hear it.
That's really not a tech question -- off to the cafe Smile
Not that Im trying to over rule your decision or anything, but this is why I put it in the tech forum:
Tech Forum
For system help, control configs, networking issues - all hardware / software topics welcome NOTE: please use Descent Coders Corner for all coders topics.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Yeah, those sub descriptions for the forums are so out of date and irrelevant that I actually used a browser add on to prevent them from displaying on my end.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I think it should of stayed in the Tech forum. It's not a topic like \"well what I did this weekend....\". It's more a technical question on how we setup our joysticks.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

It's not about how to connect a setup, it's about how to map controls so they are efficient to use. Not technical in my book.

Maybe someone should move the topic into E&C..
ImageImage
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Grendel wrote:Maybe someone should move the topic into E&C..
Then we can find out the religious and political ramifications of Logitech using cheap labor instead of hurd wurking amerikun burgurz. what happened to real technical issues :oops:

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

BUBBALOU wrote:
Then we can find out the religious and political ramifications of Logitech using cheap labor instead of hurd wurking amerikun burgurz... :oops:
...Okay, THAT made me laugh. :lol:
SoulRunner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SoulRunner »

I ordered a ThrustMaster T-16000M Joystick.

Product Features

* Controller with Tom Clancy's HAWX: The next-gen console game primed to revolutionize the way we think about combat in the sky.
* E.R.S. is in-game technology. The Enhanced Reality System is the backbone of your flight experience
* E.R.S. also allows you to issue orders to your squadron, making this system as iconic to Tom Clancy's HAWX as the Cross-Com system
* Radars and incoming missile detection, damage control system, tactical map and information relay, and weapons trajectory control
* 3D) magnetic sensors located on the stick produces precision levels 256 times greater than current systems

Technical Details

* Brand Name: Hercules
* Model: 2969090
* Item Package Quantity: 1
* Hardware Platform: pc
* Input Device: Joystick
* Form Factor: External
* Connectivity Technology: Wired
* Button Quantity: 16

Those are its stats and heres some photos:

If any one could think of some configs, or if any one with this joystick could share there config it would be great!
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Are you on a laptop or a desktop. My config changes depending on what kind of keyboard you use (but it otherwise works equally well on both).
SoulRunner
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SoulRunner »

Right now im on a laptop, and most the time I probably will be playing on a laptop.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

Gekko71 wrote:
BUBBALOU wrote:
Then we can find out the religious and political ramifications of Logitech using cheap labor instead of hurd wurking amerikun burgurz... :oops:
...Okay, THAT made me laugh. :lol:
x2!