Man puts wife on Watch List, strands her for 3 years

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Man puts wife on Watch List, strands her for 3 years

Post by Avder »

Wow, this is both the biggest dick move in history as well as the most creative way of getting rid of your wife I've ever seen. I'm speechless with both rage at how he abused the system he was trusted with, and envy as I'll probably have a woman I want to get rid of like that at some point in my life:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/0 ... der-fired/

The getting fired part is a good start, but I think some criminal and civil charges are in order, or whatever the hell they have over in England.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

How the heck could she not manage to find a way back home, or at the very least, to the local British consulate? Three years and she didn't manage to contact any of the right people to clear her name?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

His wife visited family in Pakistan but when she tried to return to Britain she was not allowed onto the aircraft. Airline and immigration officials refused to explain to her why.
Since she was visiting relatives in Pakistan, I'd imagine she wasn't a british citizen. I could see how she wasn't able to clear her name.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I'm sort of siding with Lothar. I mean, do they not have phones in Pakistan?
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

Grendel, she could also have dual citizenship - but citizenship doesn't prevent one from getting on a such list, nor would it help getting off of one.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Phone who ? If she hasn't british citizenship the consulate most likely wouldn't help w/o her husband initiating it. Immigration would be the only people that would respond to her -- but again, w/o her husband backing her up they probably would turn her down -- she's tagged as a possible terrorist after all, these lists are not made for fun. [/sarkasm]
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

BRB, going to buy my sister-in-law an all expenses paid vacation to the middle east...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

now we see the violence inherent in the system
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

roid, quoting from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, wrote:now we see the violence inherent in the system
:lol:
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Help! Help! I'm being opressed!

(It's a D3 audio taunt too :D).
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

Alter-Fox wrote:Help! Help! I'm being opressed!

(It's a D3 audio taunt too :D).
...Bloody Peasant! :lol:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Man puts wife on Watch List, strands her for 3 years

Post by CUDA »

now go away or I shall taunt you a second time
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

So the beef thread becomes a serious discussion of gender roles and this (serious thread) becomes a serious discussion of... Monty Python. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing that we can still have fun.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by SirWinner »

The world is getting stranger every day.

So had this yahoo not filed for a promotion he might still be free of his wife? Odd indeed.

The wife being stuck for 3 years almost sounds like the story where someone locked their family in the car and it took 3 hours to get them out.

---

I can relate to parts of the story... but yet it isn't something that I'd ever do.

seeker3
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by seeker3 »

Haven't you guys heard or read about how very,very,if not impossibly hard it is to get your name off a terrorist watch list once your name is on one? It's no wonder she couldn't get home because she wouldn't have been allowed to fly or go by boat or whatever.After reading about some peoples experiences with these lists,and the amount of red tape and plain bull★■◆● involved in getting your name cleared,3 years isn't all that long.And heaven help you if you've got the same or similar name as someone on these lists,even celebrities and vip's have a very hard time getting their names removed.It must be a bloody nightmare.