The PRECEDENT and Congress are committing treason

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: The PRECEDENT and Congress are committing treason

Post by Top Gun »

If the Tea Party had introduced any candidates that weren't batshit insane, I might have some interest in them. As it is, their luminaries are hilarious and terrifying in turns.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

The Tea Party focused too long on being rogues so that is exactly what they have become. They self-destructed by not staying independent enough from the Republican party so that now they just appear to be made up of the most radical of Republicans. Unfortunate.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

flip wrote:[A question for you Slick:
actually,flip, it appears to be several, but I'll try to sort through my views on them.....
We now see Globalization as inevitable right?
yup, no way that genie goes back into the bottle, unless we run out of energy supply.....
Does that mean that America gets to rule the whole world under the constraints of our own Constitution or will another system of government eventually supersede and take it's place?
first off, there is no reason the US HAS to participate in a global economy, although to avoid it would be economic suicide. Under the current path, it seems as if there is little call for a unified global political system, likely because those countries with the power do not wish to see economic parity with, say, Somalia.....
Globalization is inevitable right? Hell, it's right on our doorstep and reality right now. Why are the people not being told to prepare for this new age and the inevitable and necessary changes that must happen to realize this new oneness we all share?
in a way, they have been. It's just that a massive number of them were focused on Dancing with the Stars,
Jersey Shore and American Idol. Many of the rest are simply in hibernation until football season.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Under the current path, it seems as if there is little call for a unified global political system, likely because those countries with the power do not wish to see economic parity with, say, Somalia....
More likely, there will be something like this "super 12" but involving nations. All nations are invited to have a seat (like congress) but a subset of nations will have more authority then the rest to expedite things along :P
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Like the UN Security Council?
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lol, :P. Nothing gets past you Null.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

flip wrote:Lol, :P. Nothing gets past you Null.
I know! I should write a book.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Top Gun wrote:If the Tea Party had introduced any candidates that weren't **** insane, I might have some interest in them. As it is, their luminaries are hilarious and terrifying in turns.
Set aside their ideology for a minute and recognize that some, maybe all, of the congressmen who are tea party members did bring one thing that was very very important to the mix. They had their own party leadership take them aside and tell them:
'Ok, you took your stand, you made your point, now it's time for you to get on board so we, the republican party, can come out a winner in this fight. You need to sign on to the bill or else the republican party will attack you and make sure you don't stand a chance to get re-elected'.

And the tea party congressmen told the leadership to piss off.

THAT is a good thing that all people from all sides of the political debate should hope for in their representatives. without a lot more of that we are doomed to representatives who will continue to do things like raise the debt ceiling and print currency until the currency is useless and the economy really does collapse.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Utterly refusing to compromise when compromise is the only option to move forward isn't noble...it's asinine. Hell, politics as a whole requires compromise on a daily basis to function properly. Those Congressmen who didn't budge an inch when they most needed to deserve to be thrown out on their asses.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

We need politicians who have a perspective that is independent, authentic and grounded enough to know better than to believe that they must "compromise" with the problem to move forward, and know better that to automatically accept that "moving forward" is moving forward at all. Politicians should be leaders, not opinionated team-players. The goal is not perfect cohesion, the goal is the best interest of the people they represent. "You want us all to accept that there is no questioning that we must raise the debt ceiling? [Insert polite version of 'go ★■◆● yourself'], and here's why..."
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

...you're really still suggesting that we should have gone ahead and defaulted? And you thought the economic news this week was bad...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

[quote="Top Gun"]If the Tea Party had introduced any candidates that weren't batshit insane, I might have some interest in them. As it is, their luminaries are hilarious and terrifying in turns.[/quote

The only bat ★■◆● insane person is Harry Reid for tabling the cut, cap and balance bill passed by the house. If it were passed I suspect we would not be seeing the stock market tanking. Better pray the last couple of days were nothing more than a market correction. With the dismal jobs numbers about to be released, we could see another serious drop in the Dow today. All thanks to Bat Boy running the Senate.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Top Gun wrote:...you're really still suggesting that we should have gone ahead and defaulted? And you thought the economic news this week was bad...
I'm suggesting that they passed the bill one or two days before we would allegedly default. Well, the debt fairy didn't come around with magic bags of money as soon as the bill was signed into law raising the debt ceiling....
The funds they payed the maturing instruments with are no different now than they were before the limit was raised.
The rest of the worlds opinion on our debt to revenue ratio is now WORSE than it was before because we voted to increase the ratio.

Raising the debt limit is only useful if you have the ability to make the payments on the debt. If we keep devaluing the currency and bonds by spending too much they will become completely useless and we default anyway! So what really changed with that vote? We did what Obama so arrogantly used to scold us all for...we kicked the can further down the road. The dead end sign is now visible on the horizon but he's only concerned with kicking it down past the intersection of re-election street and highway to ruin.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

At the very height of the “ceiling crisis”…

1. T bonds selling like hot cakes.
2. Interest on government debt at or near all time low.
3. Dollar rising against most others.

So during all of the huff and puff, reality was doing its own thing.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

That's what always happens, Spidey. :P Reality always differs from the huff and puff and the hype.

There's all this talk about the "Tea Party" here, but when any political party or splinter group doesn't even know the truth behind their name or acknowledge it, something is fundamentally flawed, to say the least. Michelle Bachman isn't smart, and Sarah Palin is either an under-educated, blithering idiot or just pretending to be. :) Harry Reid and the rest are all insidious, malevolent hippies. :P

But Siriusly, folks, there is nothing "Tea Party-esque" about the quote that Cuda posted originally; I think it's a little unfair to say so... and what's up with all this nonsense about the founding fathers not having a crystal ball? Do people still recite that garbage? Both the Constitution of the United Snakes and that quote are—or should be—self-explanatory, and self-evident. The truth is, we don't have a representative government. That's just something that little kiddies are taught in school. Little kiddies who put their hand on their heart and parrot the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of a c***-tree they don't get to choose to be born into or live in.
Ferno wrote:
Burlyman wrote:Exactly. :P Because the Precedent sets the precedent. Now stay on topic. :P

Learn how to spell "president" properly and maybe I will. ;)
I'm not interested in witchcraft, so I don't really care about spelling. Consider it a counter-spell.

Ferno, aren't you a moderator? I notice you always make nothing but off-topic posts in the threads of people you don't like and nothing happens (i.e., business as usual), but when anyone else makes off-topic posts, or on-topic posts that the administration doesn't like, we're the ones who get burned at the STEAK for it (I cast the spell correctly; thank you!). Bastards.

Anyway, as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, I shall leave you all with this thought:
Responsibility

Again, most people want to be free to do the things (to explore, etc.) but they are afraid to fail.

The fear of failure is manifested in irresponsibility, and especially in delegating those personal responsibilities to others where success is uncertain or carries possible or created liabilities (law) which the person is not prepared to accept. They want authority (root word - "author"), but they will not accept responsibility or liability. So they hire politicians to face reality for them.

Summary

The people hire the politicians so that the people can:

obtain security without managing it.
obtain action without thinking about it.
inflict theft, injury, and death upon others without having to contemplate either life or death.
avoid responsibility for their own intentions.
obtain the benefits of reality and science without exerting themselves in the discipline of facing or learning either of these things.
^_~
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Burlyman wrote:Ferno, aren't you a moderator?
  • Top of the page wrote:Moderators: Foil, Jeff250
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

to Foil: :lol:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

hey, neo.

for someone who spams enough to fill his own board with posts, and got slapped with the ban stick for quite a while for said spam...

who are you to lecture me on responsibility and post content?