Christians Muslims Atheists. Who really is growing faster?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Christians Muslims Atheists. Who really is growing fast

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:What is so hard for you guys to imagine that Nuclear Explosions and Particle Accelerators have contaminated the matter on earth at an atomic level? Nobody told you that before? I give heaps of logic and observation to backup my idea. You guys got nothing :)
well, i can imagine a lot of things.... like a unicorn riding a velociraptor or being able to live on the moon without a spacesuit. doesn't make it true, though
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I give heaps of logic and observation to backup my idea.
I gave you a real life example in showing how crystals are formed. Fliptw agreed to the mechanic.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I'm gonna go grab a six-pack real quick. Brb LOL
Tebo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tebo »

There is a small natural neutron flux in uranium ores which can generate these plutonium and neptunium traces, so I might have been wrong about most of the neptunium on earth being man made, although most of the practically recoverable one certainly is.

Here's a relevant page of a book by someone who knew what he was talking about way better than me.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:What is so hard for you guys to imagine that Nuclear Explosions and Particle Accelerators have contaminated the matter on earth at an atomic level? Nobody told you that before? I give heaps of logic and observation to backup my idea. You guys got nothing :)
You don't have ANY observation to back up what you're saying. Unless you're hiding something from us, you don't run a particle accelerator. You don't own a mass spectrometer. Hell, you don't even have a Geiger counter. You don't have any of the necessary equipment or technical expertise to be able to make informed observations.

Also, even if we were just letting someone else do our thinking for us, it would be letter to let said experienced person do our thinking than to do our own thinking and wind up with something that doesn't make any physical sense. Any physics professor in the country would look at the claims you've made in this thread and be able to swiftly dismiss them all.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I'm playing descent tonight and drinking brews. I can't be bothered. Any of you flat-earthers actually play descent?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Any physics professor in the country would look at the claims you've made in this thread and be able to swiftly dismiss them all.
correction TG: they would look at the claims made and use them as a running joke for the rest of the academic year.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lol, Ferno your still waiting for a particle accelerator that creates matter. I can't take you serious :P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Ferno wrote:I would LOVE to see the particle accelerator that can generate elements. It would be our first replicator!
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:Lol, Ferno your still waiting for a particle accelerator that creates matter. I can't take you serious :P

hey, i imagined it, so it must be true!

hahaha
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

ROFL, man, see I'm sitting here waiting on these slow-walkers,
There have been several new heavy elements created in particle accelerators around the world in the last couple of decades
Wait for it............... :P
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Top Gun wrote:Also, even if we were just letting someone else do our thinking for us, it would be better to let said experienced person do our thinking than to do our own thinking and wind up with something that doesn't make any physical sense. Any physics professor in the country would look at the claims you've made in this thread and be able to swiftly dismiss them all.
I don't know about "doing our thinking for us." It seems to me that it is most natural to accept someone's assessment or treatment of a subject if they are reputed to be better qualified, except when their assessment or treatment of a subject conflicts with something you do know.

I get a kick out of the fact that you claim that a physics professor could shoot down the things flip is suggesting. I've often thought the same thing about experts in various areas that I have debated on this BB, but it never would have carried any weight in an argument. Nothing like bringing a higher intellectual power into the discussion by means of assumption, eh? :P I'm afraid we are each on our own here, for better or worse. Instead of being tempted to bang your head against something in frustration (which I notice happens to you a lot), you might consider it an occasion to prove/test what you've been taught. If you don't consider a discussion on the DBB enough reason to take that kind of time, you might also consider that it is not for your opponent's sake that you prove your point, but that it will be hugely beneficial you when you know that you know, and why. Or you might find that you're wrong, and discover just how scientific and unbiased your reaction is to that. Personally I believe that the structure of this forum fails us in discussions as varied as this, not that there's anything better out there right now.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

in this case thorne it could prove to be difficult seeing as none of us have access to a particle accelerator.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

You don't? Gee whiz, Ferno, it's almost 2012! You might want to consider the possibility that your local library is mismanaging their funds...

The scale of the argument is pretty extreme. On the other hand it's nothing a person can't check out to some degree with a little research and a modicum of logical reasoning. In our day it is less and less wise to simply take people's word when it comes to complex conclusions.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Out of all the assumptions and theories flip has made in this thread, the latest trend of his is probably the most stupidly arrogant. Does he honestly think humanity can do something in a laboratory that nature cannot do on its own? That is main component that makes the study of science work in the first place; you know if you can get something to happen in a laboratory that it can also happen in nature. It is the basis of how we can explore the nature of the universe with a particle accelerator buried under a mountain... To call elements encountered in a laboratory "artificial" is just flat out wrong, there is no such thing as an artificial element. There are extremely rare and or unstable elements and isotopes which because of their instability you won't find easily or often on earth; but regardless of where it is made, it is all still a part of nature. To claim otherwise like flip has been is basically saying that laboratory scientists wield the power of God.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Here's a good one for flip... :P
Krom wrote:In order for the nuclear fragments to stay in an excited state they would have to be made from high energy stable tachyons, and in order to avoid immediately binding with suitably charged atoms the phase of their magnetic monopoles would have to be the precise inverse of the particle charge. And even then they would eventually lose the precise monopole phase from bouncing off another particle or nucleus with a different polarization charge bias (unless they were in a perfect vacuum so they wouldn't collide with anything), or simply from influence from variations in the earths or other local magnetic field flux, OR the particle charge itself could change directly from a solar neutrino collision/interaction throwing it out of that inverse phase balance. AND even if it somehow manages to avoid all that, none of these particle fragments have sufficiently long half-lives (some are measured in nanoseconds!) to cause any long term environmental effects.
I thought this post of mine was pretty ridiculous when I made it. Half of it is a test, the other half is a troll and the whole thing is 100% complete certified nonsense. I might as well have posted that Starfleet Command sent you a directive to investigate space-time anomalies in A Galaxy Far Far Away, so you'd better get your Sith repellant on.

But the results certainly gave me some insight into how well you actually understood what you were talking about:
flip wrote:So far, my theory is meeting your criteria.
I found it quite ironic that you accused us all of lacking imagination in your subsequent replies. :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I know I chuckled at your use of tachyons myself. That could have come straight out of a Voyager episode. :D
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:There is just too much propaganda on the net today. Out of those three who is really growing faster.
Top Gun wrote:I know I chuckled at your use of tachyons myself. That could have come straight out of a Voyager episode. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

...and that's a wrap Dave....

;D

(interesting read on wiki btw. Dunno how much is legit, but sounds convincing.)
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh your an idiot Krom, it's your lack of skill to skim and still retain that is defeating you.
Lol, I never said it wouldn't occur naturally, Tebo can testify to that. I said that the only existence of it now is by Nuclear Reaction or Particle Acceleration. Man-made and artificial. Whatever was or may have been, had long since decayed before man started the process over again. It's your comprehension skills that need work.
You don't even know what your talking about. Of course they exist somewhere. This is like arguing with high-schoolers.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Lol, my hypothesis is that atoms of like-kind or very similar properties are attracted to each other, even at great distances maybe.

You come back with Star Wars and Tachyons. LOL. Too many video games and role-playing would be my guess :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:You don't? Gee whiz, Ferno, it's almost 2012! You might want to consider the possibility that your local library is mismanaging their funds....
hah!

but rest assured when particle accelerators become small enough to be bought in the stores, i'll be buying one and making my own elements. :D
You come back with Star Wars and Tachyons. LOL. Too many video games and role-playing would be my guess :P
hell, the fact you responded to that seriously before it was spelled out to you was just funny. the fact you responded to MY nonsense/troll posts about disintegrator rays and gravitic drives seriously was downright hilarious.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Operations on Whole Programs
NEW Erases the current program and clears all variables.
CLEAR Resets all variables.
LIST Displays the entire current program.
LIST 11-12 Displays the lines from 11 to 12.
RUN Executes the current program.
RUN n Executes the current program from line n.
LOAD Loads a program from the cassette I/O port.
SAVE Saves a program to the cassette I/O port.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

flip wrote:Lol, my hypothesis is that atoms of like-kind or very similar properties are attracted to each other, even at great distances maybe.

Allow me to translate gentlemen:
translationflip wrote:Red Alert! There are Tachyons caught in the Dilithium Matrix, the nacelles are venting plasma and the core temperature is rising fast.

I have to remodulate the shields to distract the enemy quick or I'll have a warp core breach on my hands! I don't care if the targeting scanners are inoperative! Fire a full spread of Photon Torpedoes and Phasers maybe something will hit...
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:Operations on Whole Programs
NEW Erases the current program and clears all variables.
CLEAR Resets all variables.
LIST Displays the entire current program.
LIST 11-12 Displays the lines from 11 to 12.
RUN Executes the current program.
RUN n Executes the current program from line n.
LOAD Loads a program from the cassette I/O port.
SAVE Saves a program to the cassette I/O port.
ERROR: syntax error on line 372 (variable "M" not defined)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Where's the damn antimatter inducer?!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Rather you should explain.

For 150 years. no other natural occurring element was found. ALL had and have to this day even, been discovered. After scientists discover how elements are actually created, they start finding evidence of elements never found before in surrounding matter.

Gear Up Material Defender :P ROFL

This is classic. If Krom gave an argument with real substance, he would silently gloat with me scrambling as how to respond. Lol.

EDIT: In Ferno's case, hmm well it's ferno :P
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:This is classic. If Krom gave an argument with real substance, he would silently gloat with me scrambling as how to respond. Lol.
I can tell you, it's not a silent gloat. both him and I have been using ICQ to screw with you. :D
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

flip wrote:This is classic. If Krom gave an argument with real substance, he would silently gloat with me scrambling as how to respond. Lol.
Why give an argument with real substance? An argument with fake substance actually does better in this case because you're too dumb to tell the difference...
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Alright. Exactly what claim of mine are you disputing again and why? Let's see if you got anything more than a huge conditioned defense mechanism.

EDIT: Thou defenders of the faith
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip wrote:Alright. Exactly what claim of mine are you disputing again and why? Let's see if you got anything more than a huge conditioned defense mechanism.
everything. for obvious reasons.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

For 150 years. no other natural occurring element was found. ALL had and have to this day even, been discovered. After scientists discover how elements are actually created, they start finding evidence of elements never found before in surrounding matter.
Can I ask this question or is it not allowed under your religious constraints?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

ask it again when you've had a couple beers.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Ok. Will you have an answer by then?

EDIT:P I should keep bumping the post count up. See what it gets to before you respond so i can establish a baseline. ★■◆●, messed that up by telling you :P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Let's see if you got anything more than a huge conditioned defense mechanism.]
NOPE.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

i can sum it up to you like this. elements aren't created. your question is trying to imply if elements like hydrogen, copper, neon, aluminum, molybdenum, argon, etc are created.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

NO. My assertion is that that anything higher than Uranium, atomic number 92, has been re-created.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

REcreated now, huh? like.. how they re-created tachyons?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

This sucks. Some people were taught what to think, and other's, how to think. I got something for that.

Yes, I hate it.