Sexual harassment is ok...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Sexual harassment is ok...

Post by Nightshade »

...if you grew up in the 60s or 70s.

Graduate from the Donald Trump/Bill Clinton/Bill O'Reilly/Bill Cosby school of sexual harassment no doubt.

(Lots of Bills in there. Hrm.)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Sexual harassment is ok...

Post by callmeslick »

once again, you have a germ of an idea. There MAY be a link between the Free Love era colliding with male dominant culture there someplace.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Weinstein is dead wrong. Once a pig, always a pig. The culture existed loooong before the 1960's. Sexual harassment and coercion was a norm that women had tried to address and rectify for years. It was because of the Sexual Revolution and the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, specifically Title VII, that sexual harassment became illegal.

https://now.org/blog/a-brief-history-of ... ed-states/

http://time.com/4286575/sexual-harassme ... nita-hill/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I've got a question. Why do people believe right off the bat that Harvey Weinstein is a rapist, sexual pervert and a pig but not Bill Cosby, or even Donald Trump for that matter? They both did pretty much the same thing and used their throne of the entertainers casting couch as a free pass to grope, sometimes rape and sexually abuse women.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Seems Hollywood is suffering from a sexual harassment "cave-in." Heh. Serves them right.

Hollywood, the media and politics is full of men groping women. Some of those same men that claim to care about womens' rights and issues.

Nice to hear, eh TC? :roll:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hell, Hollywood is no different from any other workplace where males and females work together. It's an age old problem. Men just can't seem to keep their eyes from undressing every woman they see and their pants zipped while doing it. I had to deal with a creepy leering boss (married too) at one place I worked at and I was always dressed in greasy mechanic's overalls, so you definitely can't say that I was inviting it. Even Congress has had it's share of sex scandals and 2 of our most recent presidents are and were sexual predators, namely Donald Trump and Bill Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... ted_States
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Tunnelcat wrote:Hell, Hollywood is no different from any other workplace where males and females work together. It's an age old problem. Men just can't seem to keep their eyes from undressing every woman they see and their pants zipped while doing it. I had to deal with a creepy leering boss (married too) at one place I worked at and I was always dressed in greasy mechanic's overalls, so you definitely can't say that I was inviting it. Even Congress has had it's share of sex scandals and 2 of our most recent presidents are and were sexual predators, namely Donald Trump and Bill Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... ted_States
Unfortunately TC- being a male myself, I know we're "hard wired" to glance at womens' parts- but I try to function as a respectful human being and treat women as thinking feeling human beings as well. People aren't just slabs of meat.

Many men (through a permissive culture or being plain psychopaths) have zero self control nor do they have any empathy at all for the objects (women or men in some cases) they desire to use (and I DO mean USE) for their own pleasure.

Homosexual men can be just as bad and as straight men in the same way. They have groped and harassed other men.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Damn, an ex-president going around in a wheelchair being a dirty old pig. Not only that, it gives the old fart just the right height to do his groping business during photo ops. And I thought Clinton was slimeball. :roll:

http://people.com/politics/george-h-w-b ... legations/

Then we have Kevin Spacey deciding to come out as gay AFTER yet another sexual harassment allegation emerges, against him, one that he perpetrated upon a then 14 year old male many years ago. Talk about smearing the whole gay community with your dirty deeds after you've been hiding in the closet like a coward for years.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/201 ... 812203001/

Even Seth McFarland must have suspected something about Spacey in 2005.