Are you gender confused? :)

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Are you gender confused? :)

Post by Burlyman »

Burlyman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:52 am So basically what you're saying is that nature doesn't create abominations but we do :lol: gotcha.
Jeff, you said that raising a child is a way of passing on genes, so if nature doesn't create anything that would mean its own end, that means something else is creating homosexuals, and how we raise our children may have a lot to do with it.
What is your stance on hermaphroditism, which is found in humans and animals alike?
I think that's the real version of this gender "identity" nonsense... and unlike the fake [edited slur] version, there's actually evidence of an aberration, and it's not hard to find. We've all heard the story, a hermaphrodite grows up and his parents may get his gender wrong, and when he grows up he realizes something is wrong, and his true gender starts to become evident, maybe even gets surgery, but I don't feel that this is the same thing.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Burlyman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pmJeff, you said that raising a child is a way of passing on genes, so if nature doesn't create anything that would mean its own end, that means something else is creating homosexuals, and how we raise our children may have a lot to do with it.
What I'm describing isn't nurture. It's genetic. For instance, raising a stranger's children won't pass on your genes. To ensure your genes are passed on, you need to raise children that are genetically similar to you, so, generally speaking, children in your family. In other words, your idea of "nature doesn't create anything that would mean its own end" is flawed because your genes exist in more than just your children. Your siblings, for instance, are just as genetically similar to you as your children would be, so if you raised a sibling who otherwise wouldn't have made it to adulthood, then this is equivalent to having and raising a child, from a genetic perspective. Other children in your family such as nieces or nephews wouldn't be as genetically similar to you as your own children would be, but they still contain a lot of your genes and would be equivalent to your grandchildren from a genetic perspective.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

People who deny basic physical reality have absolutely no goddamn business helping to determine the future of said reality. If you all want to go ★■◆● off into the middle of nowhere and pork your sisters, feel free. Just stop ★■◆●ing up my world.
Burlyman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm and unlike the fake [edited slur] version
[Deleted - Personal Insult]
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Burlyman wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:10 am Paul had a supernatural encounter with the Lord Jesus.
If you don't believe in such things, then maybe you will conclude that he didn't meet Him.
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pm
Burlyman wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:53 am
Jesus still condemns homosexuality. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 no way around it.
God's commandments still apply unless they are superseded by something in the New Testament. So, Paul was most likely going off of that, and he was guided by the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus promised would come. Paul himself did say that we can't sin so that grace will increase. But how could we sin if there is no law?
Jesus himself never said anything about it. For all we know, Paul was an emasculated homophobe that liked the idea of including that sin in the Bible as a way to get rid of all homosexuals. I'm sure there are quite a few modern men out there today who'd like to do the same thing if they had that power.
I don't believe in biased and cruel laws created by superstitious or fearful men who claimed to have spoken to God a long time ago. You know, laws like stoning people to death for the crimes of adultery, idolatry and blasphemy. I don't think Paul actually talked to God, because none of Jesus' love and compassion was evident in any of those supposed conversations. Isn't Jesus considered God?
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pm First off, the numbers of gay, lesbian or bisexuals in the general population is so small, it wouldn't have an affect on population numbers. There are still plenty of straights to complete the job, so don't worry. :wink:
But what if straight people did the opposite of what I said, started identifying as gay and stayed that way?
They don't because sexuality IS NOT A CHOICE.
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pmPerhaps there is an evolutionary reason, but detailed study has been lacking in this area, possibly due to bias, fear and loathing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26089486
Whoever wrote that article babbled on about genes and Darwin's theory, but I don't see any evidence for any "gay gene." Where are the experiments?
That's my point, it needs more study. But funding for such studies would never come from the government, because political figures like Mike Pence don't want to pay for trying to find out the answer. The them, the Bible is proof enough.
Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pmIt's also been observed in the animal kingdom as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexua ... in_animals
I believe animals are just mirroring what's happening to humans, since the animals were made for man, and there's no longer a reason to keep them behaving the way they were in the beginning, since we rejected the original creation... just like how they no longer eat plants but many of them eat each other, and now we eat them. x_x They also attack us and are afraid of us. :( One would have to consider the "evolutionary" reason for these things as well, if macroscopic evolution is to be believed. >_>

One thing we can learn from the animal kingdom is the homo animals don't force their propaganda onto other animals; if a gay animal wants to have sex with a straight animal, and the animal doesn't want it, it will just attack the gay one. :lol: and the animal that hits the other won't get arrested by the police. :P
Good grief, tell me just how in the hell can animals mirror humans? We don't live in some human zoo that animals can watch our behaviors and learn from them. You're really grasping at straws now. Plus, males mounting males has been observed in the wild with lions and dolphins. Male dolphins have also been observed in the act of raping female dolphins against their will. How much of that is dominance behavior verses sex behavior we still don't fully understand, but I'd say we're all a product of evolution, animal and human, since the behaviors are inter-species mirrored.

By the way, Ferno used to be a moderator, but not right now. If you're referring to Top Gun or vision, I'll deal with it if things get too nasty. So far, they've both been somewhat restrained, although personal insults will be removed and only Top Gun and you have stretched the boundaries. :wink:

So if you don't want to be insulted, don't bait. You know, like this:
Burlyman wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:53 am To answer your question, this is what I did in high school in that class where the teacher tried to convert us to monkeyism:

It's also what I do when dealing with the likes of you.

I had to include a silly image to make things make sense to you. I'm sorry I can't make any pop-up pictures. :lol:
The same could be applied to you as well. You haven't even tried to acknowledge the voracity of anyone's arguments here. You go right back to referring to the Bible, which is not scientific proof in any shape or form.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Burlyman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm
Burlyman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:52 amWhat is your stance on hermaphroditism, which is found in humans and animals alike?
I think that's the real version of this gender "identity" nonsense... and unlike the fake [edited slur] version, there's actually evidence of an aberration, and it's not hard to find. We've all heard the story, a hermaphrodite grows up and his parents may get his gender wrong, and when he grows up he realizes something is wrong, and his true gender starts to become evident, maybe even gets surgery, but I don't feel that this is the same thing.
Can you be a little more clear on this point? You just said that even when an aberration is plainly visible, only a hermaphrodite can determine their true gender. So, gender is clearly decoupled from the presence physical sex organs, functional or not. Wouldn't the same be true for sexual orientation?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:03 pm
Dude, I'm not trying to bait you. I don't even know what you're talking about or why you would think that.
This is gaslighting, pure and simple. Told ya, I'm not playing your game.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Well I can't reply to anything here until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest, since Krom won't let me multi-post. :P
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Jeff250 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:42 pm What I'm describing isn't nurture. It's genetic. For instance, raising a stranger's children won't pass on your genes. To ensure your genes are passed on, you need to raise children that are genetically similar to you, so, generally speaking, children in your family. In other words, your idea of "nature doesn't create anything that would mean its own end" is flawed because your genes exist in more than just your children. Your siblings, for instance, are just as genetically similar to you as your children would be, so if you raised a sibling who otherwise wouldn't have made it to adulthood, then this is equivalent to having and raising a child, from a genetic perspective. Other children in your family such as nieces or nephews wouldn't be as genetically similar to you as your own children would be, but they still contain a lot of your genes and would be equivalent to your grandchildren from a genetic perspective.
But we don't know if there's a "gay gene..." something else could be causing homosexuality, like in that link that Tunnelcat posted, also there was an article about how certain plastics were put in teething rings to 'feminize boys.'
Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:15 pm
I don't believe in biased and cruel laws created by superstitious or fearful men who claimed to have spoken to God a long time ago. You know, laws like stoning people to death for the crimes of adultery, idolatry and blasphemy. I don't think Paul actually talked to God, because none of Jesus' love and compassion was evident in any of those supposed conversations. Isn't Jesus considered God?
Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

They don't because sexuality IS NOT A CHOICE.
Hey, I already told you about the gay guy who became straight and has a wife and 3 children now. :) Are you going to tell me that people in prison were "born gay?" 9_9
Tunnelcat wrote:
Whoever wrote that article babbled on about genes and Darwin's theory, but I don't see any evidence for any "gay gene." Where are the experiments?
That's my point, it needs more study. But funding for such studies would never come from the government, because political figures like Mike Pence don't want to pay for trying to find out the answer. The them, the Bible is proof enough.
heh... well with the way things are going that just might change next election because people are tired of Trump-Pence, or so it seems. xD
Tunnelcat wrote:
Good grief, tell me just how in the hell can animals mirror humans? We don't live in some human zoo that animals can watch our behaviors and learn from them. You're really grasping at straws now. Plus, males mounting males has been observed in the wild with lions and dolphins. Male dolphins have also been observed in the act of raping female dolphins against their will. How much of that is dominance behavior verses sex behavior we still don't fully understand, but I'd say we're all a product of evolution, animal and human, since the behaviors are inter-species mirrored.
Hey, some people say that the serpent never talked and that there is no devil etc. :)
By the way, Ferno used to be a moderator, but not right now. If you're referring to Top Gun or vision, I'll deal with it if things get too nasty. So far, they've both been somewhat restrained, although personal insults will be removed and only Top Gun and you have stretched the boundaries. :wink:
You'll deal with it? Are you a moderator?
So if you don't want to be insulted, don't bait. You know, like this:
Are you kidding me? Top Gun comes at me spewing insults like he always does and you accuse me of baiting?

The same could be applied to you as well. You haven't even tried to acknowledge the voracity of anyone's arguments here. You go right back to referring to the Bible, which is not scientific proof in any shape or form.
I only acknowledge the veracity of anyone's arguments if they actually make enough sense. Monkeys turning into humans gradually doesn't make any sense, and it's not scientific.
vision wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 pm
Burlyman wrote:RE: hermaphrodites
Can you be a little more clear on this point? You just said that even when an aberration is plainly visible, only a hermaphrodite can determine their true gender. So, gender is clearly decoupled from the presence physical sex organs, functional or not. Wouldn't the same be true for sexual orientation?
I don't think gender is decoupled from sex organs; hermaphrodites actually have the sex organs of that which they claim to be, and they don't have to undergo surgery etc. and they can still behave as heterosexuals.

I don't know for a fact that each hermaphrodite chooses his "correct" gender... I don't believe that humans are supposed to be androgynous... but what we have is a group of people who are trying to make an excuse for their death-style of sin... that's what I see. :)
Ferno wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:23 pm
This is gaslighting, pure and simple. Told ya, I'm not playing your game.
Whatever, man. :lol:
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm
vision wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 pmCan you be a little more clear on this point? You just said that even when an aberration is plainly visible, only a hermaphrodite can determine their true gender. So, gender is clearly decoupled from the presence physical sex organs, functional or not. Wouldn't the same be true for sexual orientation?
I don't think gender is decoupled from sex organs; hermaphrodites actually have the sex organs of that which they claim to be, and they don't have to undergo surgery etc. and they can still behave as heterosexuals.

I don't know for a fact that each hermaphrodite chooses his "correct" gender... I don't believe that humans are supposed to be androgynous... but what we have is a group of people who are trying to make an excuse for their death-style of sin... that's what I see. :)
You're not explaining yourself clearly. If a hermaphrodite has both sex organs, what is their gender? The one they claim? How do you know they are telling the truth? What about a person born with a birth defect that causes them to have no sex organs (this happens, though rarely)? How then do you determine gender?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

OK Burlyman, here's my take. I don't believe in the Devil. I believe that man is responsible for his own evil actions. I also don't believe in the Serpent either. The Devil is just a lame excuse for explaining a person's bad behavior or even someone's mental illness. Do you believe mentally ill people are possessed by the Devil Burlyman, or have you long since "evolved" from that belief?

As for your your example of a gay guy that went straight and had 3 kids, either he was never gay in the first place and in actuality is a bisexual who's just repressing that side of his feelings out of self-loathing and fear. We all know how society ostracizes people for being different from perceived "norms" and religion can be most intolerant of those who don't follow those norms. Some people will resort to the craziest of things just to appear normal. Scientists also haven't found a "gay gene" but other studies have hinted that chemical conditions in the womb can have a effect on fetal sexual brain development, separate from genital development by the way, so there's that little tidbit to mull over. In fact, conditions in the womb affecting the genitalia and the brain sex of the fetus may be an evolutionary adaptation to changing climate conditions or food availability that somehow maximizes survival, we just don't know yet. We need more study and there's that inconvenient science again. Even if we eventually find that certain hormone or chemical exposures in the womb causes gayness, what then? Monitor every woman's womb to prevent gays from being created? A little eugenics maybe? I don't see that going over very well with most women, unless of course they happen to be from your camp and are deathly afraid of producing, heaven forbid, a gay child. In fact, if it were eventually proved that climate change caused the births of more gay people, I'm will to bet that every conservative in the world would suddenly and enthusiastically be on board with reducing carbon emissions, no matter the cost.

Since you don't believe in evolution, which is a scientific theory and has a lot of evidence to back it up making it difficult to outright ignore, I'm also personally free to not believe in most of the Bible's "theories" about the origin of humans either. There's ample evidence in just the Earth's rock history alone that the planet is far older than the Bible claims, so that's a big hit against Biblical earth's age "history" right from the start. There's also the fossil record that refutes the timeline of the Bible as well. Humans and dinosaurs did not live together, contrary to those ridiculous Creation Museum's claims. That's just plain ignorance.The Bible is not science, only a series of stories and parables written by men with very little understanding about their world and the universe. Human's really didn't delve into science until the Renaissance Age anyway.

Yes, I'm a moderator of the E&C, along with Jeff250. No, I don't have it out for you or anyone else. I have to be impartial. Read the who's who at the top of this forum. I tend to delete personal insults more than Jeff, but if admin wants a free for all, fine with me, although it would get pretty foul around here very quickly. However, a little spicy conversation to liven things up is not something to wantonly delete, but even then, personal attacks are still out of bounds, according to the "unofficial rule book". Top Gun, and sometimes vision and callmeslick, tend get carried away. Even I have in the past, and paid for it with a deletion. Insults get deleted. But they have to be personally directed insults before I moderate someone. If people want to rant and rave with every four letter word in the book, they're free to do so because this forum has a swear filter for those more "sensitive" members. Me, I don't care. I worked in a shop where swear words were every other word in a sentence and I'm hardened. I've got some in my repertoire that would burn your ears and using them would be so uncouth. But baiting anyone to the point they insult you personally is not productive to the conversation and not classy. Your little Jim Carrey .gif was definitely troll bait. Funny, but still bait. It certainly wasn't germane to the topic at hand and you'll notice that I had to delete your personal insult directed towards Top Gun in the same post. By the way, monkeys turning into humans is not a personal insult. It's an actual accepted scientific theory. Until God comes down to Earth in spectacular fashion and tells us we're all dead wrong and we're in for a reaping, humans and science will continue to move beyond those still wallowing in their superstitious pasts. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm Are you kidding me? Top Gun comes at me spewing insults like he always does and you accuse me of baiting?
Your ignorant homophobic ass is the one calling people I care about very deeply "abominations." You can be damn ★■◆●ing sure I'm going to call you on your bull★■◆●.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm OK Burlyman, here's my take. I don't believe in the Devil. I believe that man is responsible for his own evil actions. I also don't believe in the Serpent either. The Devil is just a lame excuse for explaining a person's bad behavior or even someone's mental illness. Do you believe mentally ill people are possessed by the Devil Burlyman, or have you long since "evolved" from that belief?

As for your your example of a gay guy that went straight and had 3 kids, either he was never gay in the first place and in actuality is a bisexual who's just repressing that side of his feelings out of self-loathing and fear. We all know how society ostracizes people for being different from perceived "norms" and religion can be most intolerant of those who don't follow those norms. Some people will resort to the craziest of things just to appear normal. Scientists also haven't found a "gay gene" but other studies have hinted that chemical conditions in the womb can have a effect on fetal sexual brain development, separate from genital development by the way, so there's that little tidbit to mull over. In fact, conditions in the womb affecting the genitalia and the brain sex of the fetus may be an evolutionary adaptation to changing climate conditions or food availability that somehow maximizes survival, we just don't know yet. We need more study and there's that inconvenient science again. Even if we eventually find that certain hormone or chemical exposures in the womb causes gayness, what then? Monitor every woman's womb to prevent gays from being created? A little eugenics maybe? I don't see that going over very well with most women, unless of course they happen to be from your camp and are deathly afraid of producing, heaven forbid, a gay child. In fact, if it were eventually proved that climate change caused the births of more gay people, I'm will to bet that every conservative in the world would suddenly and enthusiastically be on board with reducing carbon emissions, no matter the cost.

Since you don't believe in evolution, which is a scientific theory and has a lot of evidence to back it up making it difficult to outright ignore, I'm also personally free to not believe in most of the Bible's "theories" about the origin of humans either. There's ample evidence in just the Earth's rock history alone that the planet is far older than the Bible claims, so that's a big hit against Biblical earth's age "history" right from the start. There's also the fossil record that refutes the timeline of the Bible as well. Humans and dinosaurs did not live together, contrary to those ridiculous Creation Museum's claims. That's just plain ignorance.The Bible is not science, only a series of stories and parables written by men with very little understanding about their world and the universe. Human's really didn't delve into science until the Renaissance Age anyway.

Yes, I'm a moderator of the E&C, along with Jeff250. No, I don't have it out for you or anyone else. I have to be impartial. Read the who's who at the top of this forum. I tend to delete personal insults more than Jeff, but if admin wants a free for all, fine with me, although it would get pretty foul around here very quickly. However, a little spicy conversation to liven things up is not something to wantonly delete, but even then, personal attacks are still out of bounds, according to the "unofficial rule book". Top Gun, and sometimes vision and callmeslick, tend get carried away. Even I have in the past, and paid for it with a deletion. Insults get deleted. But they have to be personally directed insults before I moderate someone. If people want to rant and rave with every four letter word in the book, they're free to do so because this forum has a swear filter for those more "sensitive" members. Me, I don't care. I worked in a shop where swear words were every other word in a sentence and I'm hardened. I've got some in my repertoire that would burn your ears and using them would be so uncouth. But baiting anyone to the point they insult you personally is not productive to the conversation and not classy. Your little Jim Carrey .gif was definitely troll bait. Funny, but still bait. It certainly wasn't germane to the topic at hand and you'll notice that I had to delete your personal insult directed towards Top Gun in the same post. By the way, monkeys turning into humans is not a personal insult. It's an actual accepted scientific theory. Until God comes down to Earth in spectacular fashion and tells us we're all dead wrong and we're in for a reaping, humans and science will continue to move beyond those still wallowing in their superstitious pasts. :wink:
The guilty are always the first to point fingers and scream the loudest.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pmBut we don't know if there's a "gay gene..." something else could be causing homosexuality, like in that link that Tunnelcat posted
There may or may not be a gay gene, however you define that, but the answer to that question doesn't make your bad argument that no life can come from a same-sex relationship any better.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ferno wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 pm
The guilty are always the first to point fingers and scream the loudest.
That's because they're self-loathing, which causes an internal conflict that can't be solved rationally.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Top Gun wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:19 pm
Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm Are you kidding me? Top Gun comes at me spewing insults like he always does and you accuse me of baiting?
Your ignorant homophobic ass is the one calling people I care about very deeply "abominations." You can be damn ★■◆●ing sure I'm going to call you on your bull★■◆●.
I never said that people are abominations, I said what they do is an abomination. Homosexuality is a choice. The bible says that too. Figures you would eat up their propaganda and get my statements mixed up because of their dumb language. "Homophobic" lol. Foolish mortal!

Again until I can get on my PC you'll have to wait for a more in-depth reply. Stay tuned! :evil:

P.S.: Top clown always insults me unprovoked yet you claim that I'm "guilty." Don't be ridiculous, Fern-ho >_>

Self-loathing? Nope, what happened with the guy I mentioned is he began to ask God if homosexuality displeases Him and he became a Christian. He's not a self-loathing bisexual no matter how much you want to believe he didn't make a choice. Maybe you can watch him speak so you can develop a more informed opinion?

To be continued... 🐱
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm I never said that people are abominations, I said what they do is an abomination. Homosexuality is a choice. The bible says that too. Figures you would eat up their propaganda and get my statements mixed up because of their dumb language. "Homophobic" lol. Foolish mortal!
Do tell, which Biblical authors had a comprehensive understanding of neuroscience and the influence of hormones on fetal development?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm
Self-loathing? Nope, what happened with the guy I mentioned is he began to ask God if homosexuality displeases Him and he became a Christian. He's not a self-loathing bisexual no matter how much you want to believe he didn't make a choice. Maybe you can watch him speak so you can develop a more informed opinion?

To be continued... 🐱
If you continue, that's fine. But TRY to keep it from being personal. You're starting to slip... :wink:

As for self-loathers actually being what they hate, studies have shown that's frequently the case. These loathers are also very insecure about their own sexuality, so they wage their own constant internal battle that sometimes spills out. They do have a test for that which involves showing the subject in question gay porn while they wear a penile plethysmograph. You know the penis never lies. :P

https://truthwinsout.org/blog/2012/04/24080/

In fact, the most vocal and especially religious-leaning homophobes usually end up eventually being outed as closet gays.

http://www.citypages.com/arts/top-5-hom ... ay-6590921
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

That's called discipline and self-control, not self-loathing. I don't think it's a very good idea to think with our penises, because if we did all sorts of immoral actions would be considered okay just like being gay is now. >_> I'll try to be myself and you can try to do your job as a moderator, whatever that means to you, but don't tell me what to do. >_> I'll finish my reply later. :)
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Top Gun wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:17 pm
Burlyman wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm I never said that people are abominations, I said what they do is an abomination. Homosexuality is a choice. The bible says that too. Figures you would eat up their propaganda and get my statements mixed up because of their dumb language. "Homophobic" lol. Foolish mortal!
Do tell, which Biblical authors had a comprehensive understanding of neuroscience and the influence of hormones on fetal development?
The Bible says that all scripture is inspired by God, and he knows far more about the brain than neuroscientists ;)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

OK. What about all the other world's religions that claim their God or some other Deity created man, inspired their religion and is THE last word? :wink:
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

The devil is a liar. :evil:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Burlyman wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 am The Bible says that all scripture is inspired by God, and he knows far more about the brain than neuroscientists ;)
The Bible says that the Bible is correct, therefore the Bible must be correct.

You, uh, want to think about that for a minute?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Top Gun wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Burlyman wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 am The Bible says that all scripture is inspired by God, and he knows far more about the brain than neuroscientists ;)
The Bible says that the Bible is correct, therefore the Bible must be correct.

You, uh, want to think about that for a minute?
It's more twisted than you think. If all Scripture was inspired by God, He's got some serious explaining to do about the how, why and way it's written. I think 12 monkeys bashing away at 12 typewriters could've come up with something more coherent.

https://infidels.org/library/modern/don ... intro.html
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:22 pm It's more twisted than you think. If all Scripture was inspired by God, He's got some serious explaining to do about the how, why and way it's written. I think 12 monkeys bashing away at 12 typewriters could've come up with something more coherent.

https://infidels.org/library/modern/don ... intro.html
I wasn't trying to single out Christianity in particular or people of faith in general. I consider myself one. What concerns me is when said people won't call a spade a spade and label their faith as just that. You believe that the Bible is infallible because you have faith in it. No more, no less.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

No, it's because it's logical and there is some evidence that agrees with it, like the bible codes. What a foolish thing to say, Tunnelcat. I feel sorry for you. Oh, well. Can't win them all. :P :evil:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

The Bible is about as logical as a checkerboard sky. A person has to have a large dose of blind faith just to swallow it. There is so much contravening evidence that it should be considered a work of fiction.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

:(

Takes a large dose of faith to believe that my ancestor is a monkey. Sounds racist, too. >_>
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There's a lot more evidence in the fossil record that supports evolution instead of what the Bible claims is a 2000 year old Earth where 2 modern humans were suddenly created in a perfect lush garden in the middle of a desert, a garden that God ruined when he decided to plant an evil, serpent infested tree and then failed to create safe guards to keep said perfectly happy humans away from it, thus dooming humanity to a life of misery, toil, war and hate. That story also ignores all the ancient humanoid fossils that have been discovered around the world that are far older than 2000 years. There is a huge discontinuity between Biblical "facts" and what the Earth actually tells us about it's past.

Don't get me wrong Burlyman. I do believe a God or some sort of supreme being. I just don't believe in a lot of the Bible's telling of the story.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

God didn't create an evil serpent, and the tree wasn't evil. Also, God didn't doom humanity to misery, toil, suffering, etc. he did give Adam free will.

Here's an example of the fallacy of "evolution"

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Trying reading The Book of Enoch Tunnelcat. The stories in that book are down right bat ★■◆● crazy.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:41 pm God didn't create an evil serpent, and the tree wasn't evil. Also, God didn't doom humanity to misery, toil, suffering, etc. he did give Adam free will.

Here's an example of the fallacy of "evolution"

The carbon dating offsets due to fluctuations in carbon uptake works both ways. Something can read either older or younger because of that uncorrected offset. But when we're talking tens and hundreds of thousands of years of human history, even taking into account any offset errors due to variations in carbon uptake before the organism died, it doesn't make any difference. Given that most errors involve things older than 100,000 years, carbon dating has been shown to be relatively accurate for dating dead organisms within a range of about 62,000 years ago to 1200AD. Human skeletal remains have been dated that old, so that's STILL outside the Biblical time period for human creation. Human beings have been around for a LONG time.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2018/05/23/1719420115

http://anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13 ... ain-flaws/

And your video comes from The TruthInGenesis website, which has a religious agenda. They even have dinosaurs pictured on their main page. Come on fer cripes sake! Give me a break. The Bible makes NO references to dinosaurs at all, so to suddenly include them in God's Genesis creation is nothing but ludicrous fabricated story telling to make up for a major flaw in the Biblical timeline.

http://www.truthingenesis.com/2013/01/0 ... the-bible/

Since I DO have a geology degree, these idiots dismissing the age of the earth and the names of epochs shows me they're obfuscating established facts in an effort to prop up their Biblical history boo boos. There are a lot more clues as to how we came up the age of the earth and most of them don't rely on carbon dating. That's only used mostly for sedimentary rocks and by association, fossils. Radiometric dating, specifically argon-argon dating is used extensively to date the age of metamorphic and volcanic rocks and it's quite accurate. The clock is set once that rock solidifies from a molten state. So we can accurately date the age of the earth. Using that technique, scientists have even closely dated the asteroid extinction period of the dinosaurs to about 66,038,000 years ago, with a fudge factor of about 11,00 years. So if the rocks are old, the bones that get encased within them are old too. :wink:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-gl ... t-21379024

TigerRaptorFX, you don't need to tell me. I read the Bible from front to back when I was young and curious. I didn't find it scintillating reading. :mrgreen:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Burlyman wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:27 pm No, it's because it's logical and there is some evidence that agrees with it, like the bible codes. What a foolish thing to say, Tunnelcat. I feel sorry for you. Oh, well. Can't win them all. :P :evil:
You really need to lay off the mid-afternoon History Channel.

Good ol' Neo here is a fantastic example of ass-backwards reasoning. He's starting at a conclusion he desperately wants to be true and is cherry-picking "facts" that support said conclusion. That's not how legitimate scientific discovery works: you observe the evidence in front of you, come up with a possible explanation that fits the evidence, and repeatedly test it to see if it holds up in the face of new evidence. See that's the beauty of scientific research: it doesn't give a damn what anyone personally believes, it just tries to explain what actually IS. (If anyone still knew who Joe Friday was I'd quote him here.) Sorry Neo, but humans and apes were descended from a common ancestor. The Earth is somewhere around 4.5 billion years old, and life popped up on it about a billion years in. There wasn't a globe-consuming Great Flood. You can either accept those realities and adjust your beliefs to take them into account, or you can continue to sound like a delusional fool. The choice is yours.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Here Neo. This is what fuckers like you do to innocent children. And this is also what decent people all over the world do to help them:

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out ... rs-n896296
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

Lol I can't wait for their reply
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Oh I'm sure it will be the same bigoted garbage as always.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

You mean people actually read/reply to anything he says?

By the way, you meant "his reply," not "their reply." Stop trying to use gendurr neutral pronouns and failing. Lol

Dumb monkeys. Lol.
TRUEpiiiicness
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TRUEpiiiicness »

Burlyman wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 pm By the way, you meant "his reply," not "their reply." Stop trying to use gendurr neutral pronouns and failing. Lol
Hey I don't know who you are so you might have got triggered if I said 'her reply'. Also I can't be bothered with any "did you just assume its gender" memes.
Currently working on Descent: The Countdown Level 22 (Ogep'rgs) (Geometry)
Descent: The Countdown
Normal levels done 21/27
Secret levels done 2/3
Next level to be done: Level 23 (IO Sulphur Refinery)
The grand collection (Only after Descent: The Countdown)
??? ?/?
??? ?/?
Note
Any levels I make are free to use (even redesign) and include in any mission set. Just pm me if you going to do so.

Descent levels be like
Ah yes
Enslaved squares
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

:)