Gigabyte GPU rear cover a bit too tight?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Gigabyte GPU rear cover a bit too tight?

Post by Pumo »

I've been using a very good GeForce 1050 ti from Gigabyte since a year and half (perhaps a bit more) with no issues at all.
After mounting the card on my new motherboard, I noticed that the plastic cover of the rear of the card is a bit tight and close to the circuits, even slightly touching some of the microchips on it, as can be seen on the next photos:

Image ImageImageImage

Should I be worried about this?
I'm not completely sure if it was like this before, or if it happened when mounting the card on the new mobo, as I noticed the card is a bit misaligned when looking at the slots at the back of the case, and I felt like the cover of the card (both the rear side as well as on the side that has the fans) moved and 'clicked' a tiny bit when the card was mounted.

Here is a photo showing how it got aligned to the case:

Taking both the alignment and rear cover issues aside, the card is working perfectly and stable, as far as I can tell (been playing videogames with no issues)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Gigabyte GPU rear cover a bit too tight?

Post by Krom »

Its a plastic shroud, should be harmless even if it flexes and touches the board a bit. As long as it isn't pulling the primary heat sink away from the chip it is probably just cosmetic and might even be by design.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Gigabyte GPU rear cover a bit too tight?

Post by Pumo »

As far as I can tell the heatsink is in place and hasn't moved a bit, everything seems to be ok.
Temperatures range from 43°c (desktop use) to 70°c~ (gaming), and the fans are working well.

[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)