loudness

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

loudness

Post by woodchip »

When I bring up a you tube, or a news cast the sound is very weak even with speakers turned way up. I thought maybe it was the speakers but I swapped them out and same thing. Further when I use mumble everybody speaking comes out loud and clear. I muddled around in firefox but didn't see anything obvious. In the programs like youtube I have the sound all the way up so not that. Anything I need to look at further?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: loudness

Post by Krom »

Right click the volume control icon in the systray ---> open volume mixer ---> ensure everything (including your web browser) is turned up to maximum.

Note: the mixer will only display controls for applications that are currently running, so be sure to check it while it's actually happening.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

All I see is a speaker icon (win 7) and it is at 100%.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Right click the icon and this menu should show up:
open.png
open.png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 1185 times
Which opens the volume mixer tool, make sure something like this hasn't happened:
volume.png
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Well Krom, I got to hand it to you, you know your ★■◆●. Sound now works perfectly.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:20 am When I bring up a you tube,
Wow grandpa.