TV Speakers

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

TV Speakers

Post by woodchip »

I had a dickens of a time trying to get my old soundbar to work with the new tv so I went to best buy to shop for new one. After talking to salesman for awhile I then asked if it was possible to use a stereo reciever and drive analog speaker with the tv . He said yes, showed me the back and it appeared to have all the required orifices. So bought one and hooked it up to my studio loud speakers. Works just fine. In fact sounds better as as the bass (speakers have 15 bass) sounds much cleaner than the subwoofer on the soundbars (not as echo-y ) Plus I have other small speakers I can place around my living room so I can see how or if the surround sound capabilities of the receiver works. Also the DVD player, while hooked directly to tv, also plays sound through the receiver speakers. Plus of course, now I can listen to the radio.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: TV Speakers

Post by Tunnelcat »

My only gripe with using my stereo is that I have to turn it on separately and use a different remote than the one the TV uses. I also have to turn off the TV's speakers as well. AND I'd have to remember open the doors to turn it on and off since it sits in an enclosed cabinet which will get hot if the doors are closed. With the Sony setup, one remote runs all, except for changing the sound settings. But since I have one setting I like, I rarely touch the speaker's remote to change it. Hit one button and everything boots up. Even my cable remote turns everything on since the same code works for both the TV and the speakers. I could use my stereo if I wanted since it also has a Toslink connection, but I'm kinda lazy once I get ensconced in my throne for the evening and the hassle of turning everything on with my stereo would be a pain. :mrgreen:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.