The things I do

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

The things I do

Post by TigerRaptor »

just for the hell of it. Someone already asked what's with the hurricane teepee penguin.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re: The things I do

Post by Isaac »

Wow, typical arch user. The first rule for Arch is making sure everyone knows you use Arch :P
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I just recently began to learn Arch on my spare time. It's loaded on a old laptop.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Isaac wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:14 am Wow, typical arch user. The first rule for Arch is making sure everyone knows you use Arch :P
:lol:

The idea of rolling release is frightening to me. TigerRaptorFX, aren't you afraid of some major update breaking things at some critical time when you really need your machine? Jumping between Ubuntu LTS releases is scary too, but at least I can control when that scary time happens and can do it when things are otherwise relatively uneventful.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Jeff250 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 amJumping between Ubuntu LTS releases is scary too, but at least I can control when that scary time happens and can do it when things are otherwise relatively uneventful.
It's exactly the reason why I don't use a rolling release. I have too many important things that can break. I feel like, if my use case was simpler, like say I used my desktop primarily for coding, then having the system break wouldn't cause too much downtime. But as it currently stands, I have to make a lot of tweak to my system for audio/video production and having any part of my workflow break could set me back a couple days -- even with all my helper scripts.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Jeff250 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 am The idea of rolling release is frightening to me. TigerRaptorFX, aren't you afraid of some major update breaking things at some critical time when you really need your machine? Jumping between Ubuntu LTS releases is scary too, but at least I can control when that scary time happens and can do it when things are otherwise relatively uneventful.
Arch is more of a hobby at the moment, so If something breaks, no loss. I'm up for a good challenge. My main laptop has Linux Mint (Cinnamon). Desktop computer which is a dual boot between Win 10 Pro and MX Linux (KDE Plasma). I just stared using MX a couple months ago and I love how stable it is.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

Ah cool. I use Ubuntu with Cinnamon, which is about as close as you can get to Linux Mint without using Linux Mint.