UFO

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

UFO

Post by woodchip »

by now I suspect you have seen these US Navy fighter jet cams of UFO's:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... deos-real/

What I'd like are your thoughts as the Navy is saying they are real.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: UFO

Post by Tunnelcat »

Might be. Things have been sighted for years. I think I saw one while driving back home from college in the 1970's. I was driving northbound on I5 at nighttime. It was still early but dark, since it was winter, and it was a clear night. I happened to notice a bright light way up in the sky at my 1:00. I had to kind of crane up my head to see it. I thought it was an airplane at first, but it began behaving oddly and moving around erratically, unlike any type of aircraft motion I've seen. Traffic was light on the freeway and no cars were near me, so I kind of kept an eye on it because it intrigued me. It hung around in my view for about 2 minutes. Then all of a sudden, the light just shot straight up into space and vanished. Whoosh, gone. I never saw it again. It actually kind of shocked me when it happened. I thought: "Hey, did I just see what I thought I saw? A UFO?"
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Dumb. Clickbait. Dramatic music and grainy footage. Might as well claim it was Sasquatch riding a unicorn.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I went through a tin foil hat period like 25 years ago. As in “everything is a conspiracy” to annoying degree. I’ve since mellowed, but I don’t really trust the government or the military when they release information. There is always a motive.

If the government/military are giving out information about UFO’s - it’s scraps, playing shiny object to keep your attention elsewhere. Any evidence of technology they would share was top secret 50 years ago, not the important stuff.

Babbling. There is NO WAY humans are the highest intelligence in the entire universe. Look at us. We collectively, knowingly destroy our environment to make life easier for the present only. That’s friggin stupid. Look who we elected president: the monumental clown who offered his firefighting expertise to the French while the priceless national landmark was in flames. Gee, why didn’t we think of using giant airplanes full of water to put the cathedral’s fire out?

And you think we are the most intelligent beings? Lol. I mean some humans are convinced I’m going to hell because I played with my peepee when I was going through puberty - but it’s JUST FINE to dump chemicals into the water supply.

The day can not come soon enough for the aliens to take me off this shitshow of a planet.
👽🤪👽
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

How long can a bug crawl around inside the lens of a radar camera before it gets cooked and dies?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I have to admit, for aircraft camera image, it's pretty low res coming from a military that should have the best top notch hardware in the world. The first image that actually shows some actual technical detail would be nice.

Then there's the "Storm Area 51" meme that's been going around Facebook and social media. Someone was actually shot and killed while trying the stunt. My question is, what would the military do if hundreds of thousands of people did that same thing en masse? Shoot them all?

https://web.archive.org/web/20190719174 ... -51-event/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:06 pm Dumb. Clickbait. Dramatic music and grainy footage. Might as well claim it was Sasquatch riding a unicorn.
Except it was taken by military targeting equipment and where's the clickbait?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:12 am How long can a bug crawl around inside the lens of a radar camera before it gets cooked and dies?
You do any photography Krom. Then you should know a bug isn't getting inside a lens. And I suspect before and after mission lens are checked and cleaned. Perhaps the unexplained frightens you so you make up implausible reasons to mitigate things.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:55 pm I have to admit, for aircraft camera image, it's pretty low res coming from a military that should have the best top notch hardware in the world. The first image that actually shows some actual technical detail would be nice.

Then there's the "Storm Area 51" meme that's been going around Facebook and social media. Someone was actually shot and killed while trying the stunt. My question is, what would the military do if hundreds of thousands of people did that same thing en masse? Shoot them all?

https://web.archive.org/web/20190719174 ... -51-event/
Except this is targeting equipment and not optics to produce a clear image. The govt may very well have clear optical images but it will be a long time before they release them.
If you want to start a Area51 thread please do...just not here.

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pmExcept it was taken by military targeting equipment and where's the clickbait?
Doesn't matter if it was military targeting equipment, it doesn't show anything meaningful. The clickbait is "And they were never meant to be released to the public." Popular Mechanics and go get fu<ked. They haven't been a good magazine since I was a little kid. They didn't survive the Internet transition and they are just another garbage site that has literal advertisements posing as articles. Get out of here with this crap.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:54 pm You do any photography Krom. Then you should know a bug isn't getting inside a lens. And I suspect before and after mission lens are checked and cleaned. Perhaps the unexplained frightens you so you make up implausible reasons to mitigate things.
What kind of bull★■◆● conspiracy theory nonsense is this? I mean if we are talking about implausible here, what's more implausible: Some massive object is moving in front of these planes at absolutely bonkers velocities in an atmosphere and somehow not causing either plasma trails from the atmosphere literally igniting from the friction/compression as this thing moves through said atmosphere or at the very least massive sonic booms that would be detectable by other nearby vehicles... Or its a borderline microscopic piece of dust sliding down in front of the camera sensor that is not even the size of your pinky fingernail. Have you ever taken apart or otherwise changed the lens on a SLR or any other type of electronic camera? A speck of dust or debris on the sensor would show up just like that on any image recorded by one, and its totally possible for ★■◆● to get in there.

I haven't even clicked the links to these videos, but I've seen stuff like it before on the web and so far nobody has ever been able to conclusively refute the extremely simple explanation of: "It was probably debris on the sensor/lens/windscreen in front of the lens/etc.".

I'm not afraid of unexplained things, I'm just not going to entertain comically bad conspiracy theories about them.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:58 pmExcept this is targeting equipment and not optics to produce a clear image. The govt may very well have clear optical images but it will be a long time before they release them.
If you want to start a Area51 thread please do...just not here.
I agree, targeting equipment doesn't have the best optics. But this isn't the 1960's anymore. Perhaps if the Navy or Air Force is out doing recognizance on some unknown flying object, they should get something better installed in their aircraft for better visual identification. We have the technology and it would be nice to have clearer images of some of these strange things pilots keep spotting in the sky.

As for Area 51, it does have to do with this topic. That IS the rumored location of where our government supposedly took the remains of a UFO crash decades ago and last I looked on this topic, you were wondering if the object in the targeting image was a genuine UFO. If the government has proof, either they need to fess up or at least try to get better images from our expensive military aircraft, because the conspiracy theories are going remain as long as leaked military videos like this keep appearing.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TC, first I don't think the govt. arming fighters with good optics just to get pics of ufo's. Maybe now they will.
Second when I was at Pendleton a couple buddies and I spent some time out in Inyokern at Walter Bickel's place:
https://www.desertusa.com/desert-people ... ickel.html
There Walt had all sorts of visitors including military people from Edwards AFB. The take away was at Edwards the military had not 1 but 3 UFO's. So area 51 is not the only place where we have UFO's
Also know a pilot who flew FoMoCo big corp jet and he was telling me he saw a UFO flying off his wing. He was transporting Henry Ford the 2nd and called him up to the pilots cabin to lock. Afterward he told Ford it would be best if he didn't say anything (though later Ford mentioned it at a press conference). So Krom, did they too see a bug crawling around the inside of the cockpit window?

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Why does it not shock me in the least that woody is a conspiracy [removed].
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:12 am TC, first I don't think the govt. arming fighters with good optics just to get pics of ufo's. Maybe now they will.
Second when I was at Pendleton a couple buddies and I spent some time out in Inyokern at Walter Bickel's place:
https://www.desertusa.com/desert-people ... ickel.html
There Walt had all sorts of visitors including military people from Edwards AFB. The take away was at Edwards the military had not 1 but 3 UFO's. So area 51 is not the only place where we have UFO's
Also know a pilot who flew FoMoCo big corp jet and he was telling me he saw a UFO flying off his wing. He was transporting Henry Ford the 2nd and called him up to the pilots cabin to lock. Afterward he told Ford it would be best if he didn't say anything (though later Ford mentioned it at a press conference). So Krom, did they too see a bug crawling around the inside of the cockpit window?
I don't disbelieve the footage woody. It captured something strange. In fact, I just saw it again on the big TV the other night and it was far clearer to watch. It was definitely weird to say the least.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Billions of smartphones in the world and all we ever get are blurry, noisy, fuzzy shaped objects. Meanwhile, people are taking pictures of an actual space station from Earth.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I did say it was weird. Who knows what it is. And how many cell videos have you seen where the operator actually stayed steady or kept the shot centered? I don't know how many I've seen where the idiot jerked and went off to the side right during the money shot. :lol:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 pm Why does it not shock me in the least that woody is a conspiracy [removed].
Why am I being a conspiracy nut? I merely stated a couple of incidents related to me from people who I had no reason to doubt. No where did I say I I believed in them. Funny how you don't rag on TC on what she saw. Maybe you should stop doing drugs as you just don't sound rational.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

vision wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:55 pm Billions of smartphones in the world and all we ever get are blurry, noisy, fuzzy shaped objects. Meanwhile, people are taking pictures of an actual space station from Earth.
It's one thing to take a picture from telescopes, at a object with a known position and quite another with sub-par optics.

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

woodchip wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 am Why am I being a conspiracy nut? I merely stated a couple of incidents related to me from people who I had no reason to doubt. No where did I say I I believed in them. Funny how you don't rag on TC on what she saw. Maybe you should stop doing drugs as you just don't sound rational.
Yeah man I'm on so much crack. Seriously.

I don't doubt people who say they've seen something (or at the very least believe they saw something). But if you are going to sit here with a straight face and state your belief that the government has the Grays locked up in secret military bases like Randy Quaid in Independence Day, there is only one word to describe you.

(On the same topic, that's the most weaksauce "insult" I've ever doled out, and that of all things gets censored? :huh: )
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Mod here. It may have been weak, but it was still a personal shot. Disagree without name calling TG. Discuss the issues and I know it's tempting, but don't sling insults like our esteemed President does every morning through Twitter. :roll:
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Perhaps angels are the most intelligent beings in the so-called "universe" :)

There are only angels, demons, fallen angels, humans, animals and that's it.
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

more video released bi navy: https://www.foxnews.com/us/ufos-spotted ... d-has-seen Starting to get interesting. Gaould pyramid ships and orbs that enter the water.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

more video released bi navy: https://www.foxnews.com/us/ufos-spotted ... d-has-seen Starting to get interesting. Gaould pyramid ships and orbs that enter the water.

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

You dragged up an old thread. :)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

You been gone a minute, woody.

Woody is sus.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, where else would he spend time absorbing brain rotting garbage but at Fox News and possibly Q Anon? By the way, why are all UFO videos blurry and out of focus? I have yet to see any 4 or 8K videos of a single UFO showing any detail. I mean come on. The military has better cameras than the average American and even theirs sucks. So here's something more interesting. A flame throwing drone in action.

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Yep, the only reason it qualifies as a "UFO" is because the video is to ★■◆●ing blurry and shaky to get a positive ID.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And nowadays, you'd have to wonder if it was faked, even if it was a clear video. I've seen a UFO personally. While driving up I5 one night in my college days, I saw a single white light above me way up in the sky moving erratically. I kept it in my field of vision for a bit thinking it was weird. Then, all of a sudden, it just changed direction and shot straight up into the sky and disappeared. No man made craft I know of is capable of that. It kinda creeped me out.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Again, Q anon isn't a conspiracy realist, he's a counter-intelligence agent working against the public to make "conspiracy theory" look bad and to pigeon-hole it to the "right wing."

UFOs are actually IFOs as far as I'm concerned. They're either demons or secret military aircraft.