D3 anyone? :)

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

D3 anyone? :)

Post by Burlyman »

Anyone want to play Descent Retirement Home Burning Indika 3 later today? :)
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: D3 anyone? :)

Post by Terminal »

I've been eyeing DRH BI3 since it's in USA and is playable with few players. Sometimes the http://d3.descent.cx/ tracker can't find the server so I hope the problem gets fixed before I try to round up people for a match. In the meantime there's always Overload Multiplayer.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I'd really enjoy playing some d3, it's been way too long for me and I miss it terribly.
I hope you guys have been doing well, was just looking through the demo post and lamented that I had so many good demos at one point and failed to upload them.
Still, there's a few pilots still around who could post some on YouTube or on a server so we could watch some when we can't play.
Hope I can play soon, I have a machine that will run it, just need to see if it'll boot up, either way hope you guys stay well and maybe I'll see you in the mines soon!

-behe
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Terminal »

Behemoth wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am I'd really enjoy playing some d3, it's been way too long for me and I miss it terribly.
I hope you guys have been doing well, was just looking through the demo post and lamented that I had so many good demos at one point and failed to upload them.
Still, there's a few pilots still around who could post some on YouTube or on a server so we could watch some when we can't play.
Hope I can play soon, I have a machine that will run it, just need to see if it'll boot up, either way hope you guys stay well and maybe I'll see you in the mines soon!

-behe
D3 was a fond time for me too, I'll be lurking around. Now people are getting their 6DoF fix in Overload. Zero and Birds just won a 2v2 tourney. You should roll up and bring the heat.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I haven't played any of the Descent games in a very long time. Sometimes I kind of miss it.

Alexander
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Alexander »

Yes, Descent 3. I'm up for Monsterball or CTF in Varicose Veins :) . Anarchy, you guys choose any level and I will play it. That goes along with any game type.
Alexander
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Alexander »

I'm in Descent 3 Halcyon, waiting for a big group to appear or someone to play with me. 6:51pm 1/28/19 Ari'sStable3 74.70.103.225:2053 Capture the Flag
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Terminal Error wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:00 pm
Behemoth wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am I'd really enjoy playing some d3, it's been way too long for me and I miss it terribly.

-behe
D3 was a fond time for me too, I'll be lurking around. Now people are getting their 6DoF fix in Overload. Zero and Birds just won a 2v2 tourney. You should roll up and bring the heat.
What's sad is I have a great rig for gaming but a sucky monitor for playing any descent game or overload, I would've liked to have found a 144hz crt back when I was playing a little bit but I haven't been so lucky yet, I could potentially get back in but I'd have to get everything to my taste if I was going to get back into it, tired of settling for using optic mice and so forth (heh) I still say we should have maybe a descentbb youtube channel where demos could be uploaded as videos so we could maybe get some attention back to these games and show our stuff to the world.
I figure the way we could make it work is we have one person moderate the youtube channel for the demos, while we make a thread for collecting them on the multiplayer forum then record with screen recording software at highest resolution and upload to the channel.
We could have some info to direct the viewers back to dbb along with how to buy descent123/overload and a link to the thread telling them how to get setup.
If anyone thinks this idea is worthwhile let's hear some support.
-Beh
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

What time do people usually play?
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »

It's pretty random right now. You'd have to be on Discord tbh or just check the trackers.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Just recently learned from Lothar on Facebook the original Descent is still played today. It's the most played out of the trilogy.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I'm back around guys.
If anyone wants to reach me, I'm on the overload server and the 6dof fun - d1, d2, d3 ol, sol discord server as Mars.
I'd like to get people playing d3 again as well, i know some of my european friends have the guts too and maybe some of my american ones as well. i'm not 100% set up yet but i'm working on it, me and alexander have already played several d3 games and he's pretty damn good, so whoever reads this, come join us!
-Behe
Alexander
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Alexander »

We had 10 player action in Descent 3 that took place in Keg Party, 8 in Athena and 6 in Halcyon back in August. It was blast!! Me and Behemoth would love for u who's reading this to join some games with us, maybe I will talk into DescentMax7930 to host some Monsterball, Entropy and Team Hoard games when he has the time. I'm on Discord Alexander 98 in 6dof fun D1 D2 D3 and DCL servers. Are u itching for some Descent 3 action?
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Does Zero still play?
Hunter
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Hunter »