secret level saving

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

starfiretbt
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

secret level saving

Post by starfiretbt »

Did the original Descent 2 prevent saving on a secret level? I seem to remember being able to save on secret levels when I first played Descent 2 back on PC years ago. The Descent 2 I'm playing doesn't seem to allow it.
By the way, thanks for DXX Rebirth, for some reason I couldn't get the sound of Descent 2 to sound right without it.
Parabolicus
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: secret level saving

Post by Parabolicus »

Descent 2 never allowed saving in secret levels; that was a change from Descent 1, which did. There's a technical reason behind it (kind of), but it was probably also made with the fact that D2 secret levels are a lot more puzzle-oriented in mind.
starfiretbt
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: secret level saving

Post by starfiretbt »

Ok, thank you. My memory must have been mistaken. I did figure out I can save on the level the teleporter is located and just keep going back and forth. I was mostly worried about activating switches and not knowing what they do. If I activate a switch that has a limited time of function like opening a door then I needed to be ready to get to that door and make use of it. I just didn't like having to replay the entire level every time I messed up on a switch.