Taiwan

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Taiwan

Post by woodchip »

Well you voted in the village idiot and look at what you got. First was the border crisis, then the Afghanistan fiasco and now we have Ukraine. So I ask you, will a take over of Taiwan be next? And don't tell how we have an alliance with Taiwan that protects them...just like the Budapest accord was supposed to protect Ukraine when they gave up their nukes. Look at the pictures and statistics coming out of Ukraine and understand you have some responsibility if you voted for sleepy Joe .
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Taiwan

Post by Krom »

Perhaps it wouldn't have happened under Trump because Putin would be too busy having Trump kiss his ass while handing over America instead.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:09 pm Well you voted in the village idiot and look at what you got. First was the border crisis, then the Afghanistan fiasco and now we have Ukraine. So I ask you, will a take over of Taiwan be next? And don't tell how we have an alliance with Taiwan that protects them...just like the Budapest accord was supposed to protect Ukraine when they gave up their nukes. Look at the pictures and statistics coming out of Ukraine and understand you have some responsibility if you voted for sleepy Joe .
★■◆● off, Putin bootlicker.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:First was the border crisis, then the Afghanistan fiasco and now we have Ukraine.
We had a "border crisis" ever other month during Trump. Trump negotiated the Afghanistan withdrawal. What is the alternate Ukraine scenario you believe to have been likely had Trump won re-election?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Trump spent four years deep-throating Putin every chance he got. He's every bit the piece of fascist scum that Putin is, and you are. Rot in hell along with them.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Woodchip,
I’m not real comfortable hailing insults upon you via tha intanet, because you’re just trying to embolden conversation. (Although I distinctly recall making fun of you 15 years ago by accusing you of beginning all your posts with: “It seems dim ‘der Dems (dot dot dot)”.)

You can’t possibly be serious that you can lay this on Joe Biden, can you? And I really think the apparatus wheels him out on a dolly, pumps him full of vitamin shots and Starbucks, wipes off the Carrot purée from his chin, and have a mortician prep his makeup for the cameras.

Putin is just cray cray and that has nothing to do with our 2 party hell.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

He's as serious as a heart attack.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Top Gun wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:07 pm He's every bit the piece of fascist scum that Putin is
Putin a fascist scum sounds to nice now that he has blood on his hands. A repugnant fascist rat bastard is a much more fitting name.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I mean I was going to call him a sadistic festering ★■◆● but I figured I'd be more civilized. :D
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:09 pm Well you voted in the village idiot and look at what you got. First was the border crisis, then the Afghanistan fiasco and now we have Ukraine. So I ask you, will a take over of Taiwan be next? And don't tell how we have an alliance with Taiwan that protects them...just like the Budapest accord was supposed to protect Ukraine when they gave up their nukes. Look at the pictures and statistics coming out of Ukraine and understand you have some responsibility if you voted for sleepy Joe .
So you think Trump would be better? bull★■◆●! He hated NATO. Sure, he forced them to pay more for military support, but he constantly criticized them and sowed disharmony among it's European members. I'm willing to bet he wouldn't even voted to ALLOW Ukraine into NATO just to appease Putin. He even threatened to withdraw the U.S. from NATO altogether. Plus, there's still some sort of love fest going on with Trump and a couple of other European autocrats. Victor Orbán and Recep Erdoğan are leaders he looks up to, along with Putin. Trump himself was even willing to subvert our own elections to install himself as the first U.S. autocrat. So my question is, is the Republican Party for Democracy or Autocracy? Because your de-facto leader sure worships autocrats and their vile methods.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/b406c288

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 2022-02-28

Crap, your party can't even get it's own act together on this either. So my question is, is the Republican Party for Democracy or Autocracy?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/2 ... e-00010780

Biden has not been lax about China either. Don't forget that we're not alone. We've got Australia and Japan over there not liking what China is up to in the South China Sea either and they have NOT been lax. Plus, why do you think Biden screwed France out of that submarine deal with Australia? It wasn't just for the money. Those submarines we build for Australia will eventually be patrolling the South China Sea.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/How-the ... with-China
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:09 pm...just like the Budapest accord was supposed to protect Ukraine when they gave up their nukes.
You clearly haven't done even the slightest research on the Budapest Memorandum. It's Russia who has violated the treaty and there is no verbage in it that compels the United States to do anything other than act within the framework of the UN Security Council.

You might want to lay off the diet of Russian propaganda, it's making your brain weak.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:14 pm
woodchip wrote:First was the border crisis, then the Afghanistan fiasco and now we have Ukraine.
We had a "border crisis" ever other month during Trump. Trump negotiated the Afghanistan withdrawal. What is the alternate Ukraine scenario you believe to have been likely had Trump won re-election?
So what border crisis did did Trump have to deal with other than getting the border wall built?
Trump did negotiate a exit strategy from Afghanistan but Biden changed it which led to the clusterfuck we all saw.
If Trump was in office, Putin would never have invaded Ukraine and you know it.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 pm If Trump was in office, Putin would never have invaded Ukraine and you know it.
bull★■◆●.

Trump paved the way for Putin by weakening western power and NATO. You have absolutely no clue how much damage Trump and Trumpism did to western democracy and why it is responsible for Russia and China becoming so bold.

It must be so ★■◆●ing convenient to have a Democrat in the white house right now, because you can blame them for the past 40 years or conservatives ★■◆●ing up everything they touch. Sort of like Putin is blaming the west for Russia invading Ukraine, its completely opposite of reality thinking, only the worst part is you actually believe this bull★■◆● while Putin is likely just using it as an excuse because he knows tons of morons like you would believe it.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TheWhat wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:49 pm Woodchip,
I’m not real comfortable hailing insults upon you via tha intanet, because you’re just trying to embolden conversation. (Although I distinctly recall making fun of you 15 years ago by accusing you of beginning all your posts with: “It seems dim ‘der Dems (dot dot dot)”.)

You can’t possibly be serious that you can lay this on Joe Biden, can you? And I really think the apparatus wheels him out on a dolly, pumps him full of vitamin shots and Starbucks, wipes off the Carrot purée from his chin, and have a mortician prep his makeup for the cameras.
Biden is President so he is supposedly in charge. I agree he's a bumbling senile idiot, but he's the one who is the face of the country. Who should we blame? His equally bumbling VP. Just who.
TheWhat wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:49 pmPutin is just cray cray and that has nothing to do with our 2 party hell.
He is crazy but he is in control of Russia. He has threatened using nukes against us and put his nuclear forces on heightened alert. He pushes the button and our two party system will indeed not matter

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:13 pm
woodchip wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:03 pm If Trump was in office, Putin would never have invaded Ukraine and you know it.
bull★■◆●.

Trump paved the way for Putin by weakening western power and NATO. You have absolutely no clue how much damage Trump and Trumpism did to western democracy and why it is responsible for Russia and China becoming so bold.

It must be so ★■◆●ing convenient to have a Democrat in the white house right now, because you can blame them for the past 40 years or conservatives ★■◆●ing up everything they touch. Sort of like Putin is blaming the west for Russia invading Ukraine, its completely opposite of reality thinking, only the worst part is you actually believe this bull★■◆● while Putin is likely just using it as an excuse because he knows tons of morons like you would believe it.
You might have had a decent post except you killed it by resorting to name calling.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:02 pm

So you think Trump would be better? bull★■◆●! He hated NATO. Sure, he forced them to pay more for military support, but he constantly criticized them and sowed disharmony among it's European members. I'm willing to bet he wouldn't even voted to ALLOW Ukraine into NATO just to appease Putin. He even threatened to withdraw the U.S. from NATO altogether. Plus, there's still some sort of love fest going on with Trump and a couple of other European autocrats. Victor Orbán and Recep Erdoğan are leaders he looks up to, along with Putin. Trump himself was even willing to subvert our own elections to install himself as the first U.S. autocrat. So my question is, is the Republican Party for Democracy or Autocracy? Because your de-facto leader sure worships autocrats and their vile methods.

https://www.logically.ai/factchecks/library/b406c288

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 2022-02-28

Crap, your party can't even get it's own act together on this either. So my question is, is the Republican Party for Democracy or Autocracy?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/2 ... e-00010780
how did Trump hate NATO? By trying to get NATO members to pay their fair share. And funny, there were a lot of Reps accusing Dems of subverting the election to get your moron in office. We'll see come November
Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:02 pm Biden has not been lax about China either. Don't forget that we're not alone. We've got Australia and Japan over there not liking what China is up to in the South China Sea either and they have NOT been lax. Plus, why do you think Biden screwed France out of that submarine deal with Australia? It wasn't just for the money. Those submarines we build for Australia will eventually be patrolling the South China Sea.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/How-the ... with-China
Lets not forget Bidens son being on the take from China:
According to a Senate Republican report released last week, during Biden' s tenure as vice president, Hunter, 50, received a USD 3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the widow of Moscow's former mayor Yury Luzhkov.
The report further alleged that Chinese nationals lavished Hunter and other members of the Biden family with money, giving Hunter and Biden' s brother James credit cards for a USD 100,000 international shopping spree.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I don't give a flying ★■◆● about Hunter Biden and his China OR Ukraine connections since YOU don't seem to give a flying ★■◆● about Trump's and his associate's Russian connections, because right now, it's Russia that's the problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_bet ... _officials

And don't get me going on Trump and all his attempts at autocracy, like the Capital insurrection and the fake Republican electors crap they tried in swing states Trump lost.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/ ... 218d7.html

As for Trump and NATO, he didn't even understand the benefits of NATO, period. That lack of understanding shows his stupidity too since Russia is STILL a threat. His own administration officials claimed he even considered withdrawing unless they contributed more of their GDP towards their defense spending. I can bet you your bottom dollar that Trump would've pulled the U.S. out of NATO if they'd balked at his demands and then looked the other way when Putin invaded Ukraine.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ato-report
Senior administration officials told the newspaper that Trump suggested he did not understand the benefits of NATO and that he believed it was sapping the U.S

And don't forget, Trump has done nothing but heap praise on Putin, even with the Russian invasion of a sovereign nation by a man who has dreams of recreating the Soviet Union.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Krom wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:13 pm
bull★■◆●.

You might have had a decent post except you killed it by resorting to name calling.
"ah waaah, he called me a bad name!"

★■◆● your feelings, snowflake. Do us a favour -- call us from your waahmbulance once it gets here.
trying to get NATO members to pay their fair share
NATO doesn't work that way, stupid.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:So what border crisis did did Trump have to deal with
You don't remember when he declared a National Emergency, sent the military to patrol, illegally diverted funds, the scary caravans, etc? I have to ask, did you send money to Steve Bannon's wall scam?
Trump did negotiate a exit strategy from Afghanistan but Biden changed it which led to the clusterfuck we all saw.
IMO, we spent 20 years making that clusterfuck. And I give Trump credit for ending it, and Biden for following through.
If Trump was in office, Putin would never have invaded Ukraine and you know it.
That is, quite possibly, the funniest thing you've ever said here. I think you need to stop decorating your mind palace with Jon McNaughton paintings.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You know what I'd like to know? What bone headed excuses would woody be giving us right now IF Trump was president and still making bromance comments about how Putin was a genius for invading Ukraine and that our country should just let Russia have it's way. Because right now, when the orange turd is asked about how Putin wouldn't have invaded if HE were president, he immediately deflects to things about either himself, Hillary Clinton or how the election was stolen from him.

I can also guarantee you if Trump ever became president again, his sole reason for having the power of the presidency would be used for revenge, not for doing the job of the people.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Why are we continuing to give this decrepit dementia-addled shitstain the time of day? He means nothing. He is nothing. Let his boomer brain continue to rot into mush.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:12 pm Why are we continuing to give this decrepit dementia-addled shitstain the time of day? He means nothing. He is nothing. Let his boomer brain continue to rot into mush.
Because.. like you've said before. It's fun to play 'poke the dumb-ass'.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Top Gun wrote:Why are we continuing to give this decrepit dementia-addled shitstain the time of day? He means nothing. He is nothing. Let his boomer brain continue to rot into mush.
I do it because I like woodchip.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I do it because I need to keep up with whatever right wing propaganda he's soaking up into his brain. Why? Because A LOT of people are believing in this crap and acting on it. Know thy enemy's thoughts.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Last I heard, Trump was praising Putin for invading Ukraine and saying it was a good idea.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh....yeah. And this is the genius woodchip thinks is the most best, most smartest and most strongest president ever. :P

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Let's not forget he defended Trump when he tried to extort Ukraine's president for dirt on Biden. And he defended Trump during his first impeachment.