Twofer

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Twofer

Post by woodchip »

Now we have SCOTUS saying abortion not a constitutional right. Sorry for you libbies that thought it was.
u
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Twofer

Post by vision »

Ah yes, smoothbrain woody viewing abortion as a left-right issue instead of a class issue. Brilliant as ever.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

My guess is woodchip doesn't care much either way, but his heart is filled with joy for the grief felt by his perceived enemies.
mystery2018
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by mystery2018 »

Deleted for incendiary and racist content.
'Whole strength, have ye, Oh bounteous ones; perfect, earth-shakers, is your might|Marutas, against the poet's wrathful enemy send ye an enemy like a dart.

Rigveda 1:39.10
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I don't know why woody cares. I doubt any female has ever spent more than five minutes in the same room as him without running out screaming in horror.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What SCOTUS is doing is forcing Congress to get off their collective asses and go to work to create Federal laws to protect the rights of women to control their own bodies. I'm not for abortion, but I'm definitely for the right of any woman and her partner to make that decision on their own. The Constitution does not give a specific right to have an abortion, several different parts of the Constitution have been referred to in most legal arguments to support Roe vs Wade, so it's always been open to attack by religious conservatives. For example, the 13th Amendment in this case is used:

https://erinemmerton.substack.com/p/how ... n-protects

HOWEVER, every action taken by SCOTUS and inaction by Congress now has far reaching consequences. Never mind that most contraception methods (short of a hysterectomy) are 100% foolproof, accidental pregnancies will occur and that now the onus of that failure gets laid squarely in the laps of every American woman in this nation, who now have to personally suffer the health effects and monetary costs of a pregnancy they didn't want and in many cases, can't afford. Never mind that SCOTUS nor the Republicans have come up with laws to force the male partner to take responsibility for something he had an equal hand in creating. Never mind that SCOTUS nor the Republicans have put forth any money or support base for these mostly poor women who will now sink even deeper into poverty thanks to the added burden of having to bear and raise that child. Never mind that many of these unwanted children living in poverty even at home will add to our criminal base in this country when they grow up. Never mind that SCOTUS nor the Republicans have any protections from women outright abandoning these unwanted children on the streets just to become victims of human trafficking or worse. Never mind that SCOTUS nor the Republicans labeled the health of a woman as secondary to the health of the fetus in most conservative states. Never mind that SCOTUS nor the Republicans gave protections to any woman who is forcefully impregnated by her father or a rapist and now has to bear that child, on her health, emotional distress and dime. Never mind that SCOTUS nor the Republicans care more about making sure everyone can own weapons of war that in many cases will be used in the future by adolescents with no emotional control to murder whole schools/theaters/stores full of those precious children they made sure were born no matter what. So next up on SCOTUS' grand conservative screw-over-certain-American's-lives-plan is to outlaw gay marriage and contraception, because Clarence Thomas just hinted that the same reasoning will be used in those future decisions. So all I can say is: ★■◆● YOU CONSERVATIVES. :x
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.