Cruel Morality

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Cruel Morality

Post by Tunnelcat »

Republicans have jumped into fetid the sewer for their new idea of "morality" in schools. Apparently, now all Democrats are pedophiles and their agenda is to warp or groom your children, especially in school. Geezus effing Christ! They probably got the idea from QAnon since so many Republicans follow their despotic stupid leader Trump and believe in this insipid trash since it gets them more hateful followers. Insinuate something long enough it then becomes implied fact. It's this new agenda that's made me cut all ties with my conservative religious bigot sister, to hell with family, because she actually believes in this crap AND supports it, especially with what Ron DeSantis did in Florida. I got into a heated argument with her, hung up and have never spoken to or texted her since. She can take her beliefs and go to Hell.

The Florida bill that Ron DeSantis has championed has now become law and other right wing states are copycatting and following suit with similar bills. If I was younger, I'd ★■◆●ing leave this country. Why? Because I'm transgendered myself, an FTM. Oh, I've never transitioned from female to male and still look female, but my brain is all male, trapped inside this hateful trash heap of a female body. I've thought this way ever since I can remember as a child, as young as 4 or 5 I suppose. In the 1960's, there was NO ONE that groomed me or put that idea into my head. Being gay or transgendered was NEVER talked about. There were no teachers, no counselors and certainly not my parents to talk too about it either, so I played Tomboy and got away with it. Now? I'm too damned old to go through the procedure and because medical science right now just can't make a good male out of a female body and I've long since gone through feminizing puberty. But this crap is now personal and I will never for the rest of my life EVER vote for a conservative, even if the Dems royally screw the pooch right now. :x

https://theweek.com/politics/1012732/mo ... ng-anymore

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/04 ... s-now.html

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/02 ... -kids.html

It's this next last commentary that really hits home for many LGBTQ kids and me personally. I can attest that parents can be the biggest bullies on the block and Republicans are now empowering them to be jerks to every LGBTQ kid in school, not just their own.

https://www.advocate.com/youth/2022/3/2 ... whats-come
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Cruel Morality

Post by woodchip »

First off TC, I laud you for presenting this about yourself. Ill try to get back and answer your other points.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Geez, you're the only one to even respond, so kudos. However, I'm sure your future comments might be in line with those of my sister's, but I'll wait and see. :wink:

And something else tragic along the lines of cruel party platforms. I know that no matter how you parse it, the Dems will never see abortion as murder and will stick to it being a woman's rights issue, so they have their own illogical platform stance. We can get into abortion arguments here ad nauseum and never reach a consensus, so I'm not even going to try. But please tell me why the Republican Party, who march on to this day bolstered forward by that leaked SCOTUS memo, insist on protecting the rights of the fetus over the rights of the mother, then in a weird twist of illogical thinking, insist on NOT protecting the lives of children already born and living life and just trying to get an education in school? At the very least, the powers that be need to enact some basic forms of gun control like universal background checks on ALL gun sales. There seems to be some kind of disconnect between their everyone can own any gun they want no matter their age or mental health and the rights of innocent children to just go to school and not fear getting shot dead by some mentally unstable shooter. I mean, this just turned 18 year old kid shooter was able to go out and buy 300+ rounds of ammo and 2 semiautomatic rifles without any problem. No background checks or even questions, since this was in Texas of course, or parental notification since he was still living at his grandparents home at the time. And where in the hell did this unemployed high school dropout kid get the money for 2 rifles and all that ammo? He didn't even have a driver's license! No ID, want a gun in Texas, no problem, here ya go.That stuff is not cheap, unless it IS cheap in Texas too. How do Republicans reconcile that stance? All I can think is that any argument they put forth will be thoroughly littered with cognitive dissonance just trying to solve an equation that can't be solved. I mean, even Trump, Abbot, et. al. are all still going to their little NRA convention and flipping the bird at every parent who lost a child that day. That is just twisted wrong.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Perhaps this will help put things in perspective:
“The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn.

It’s almost as if, by being born, they have died. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn.
You don't even have to consider the shootings to validate what is pointed out in this quote, just look at the conservative response to the baby formula shortage: They are all mad and blaming Biden or the FDA for it, and not the monopoly factory ownership who cut back quality control and shipped poisoned baby formula. Literally conservatives are mad that there isn't enough deadly toxic baby formula on the shelves. Conservatives are not "pro-life" they are "pro-conservative" and nothing else.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It sounds like a cozy situation custom made for 3 American companies courtesy of the government and FDA regulations just to grease the wallets of these companies and lock out imports as part of the anti-competitive deal. Who cares if the stuff is poisonous. In fact, some of the imports are better made and more nutritious. Oh, and baby formula doesn't make these companies all that much profit, so between international trade barriers and lack of profit incentive, it seems no one really cares about those forced to be born babies AFTER they're born, especially the marketplace. How's that humane? And no, you can't blame Biden for this one all you conservatives. This is strictly business and we all know how much conservatives LOVE big business. :P

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ll/629828/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

OK TC Ill try to argue as factually as I can. First off the transgender population in US is about 0.6%. Not a very high number. Second your first link uses the term "anti gay bill" . It was anything but that. AGB was used by liberal news organs as a a sure fire way to catch you and others attention. And it worked. Now what it is really is a anti-sex ed bill that prevents kindergartners through third grade from being indoctrinated in different sex life styles without the parents permission. Teachers, the last I checked don't have a degree in clinical child psychological therapy. I'm sorry TC but being in a very small minority does not entitle you to having your life style or wants be what you want them to be. How would you like, say, all school children taught that owning a firearm is a great idea?
Your other links try to pooh pooh the idea conservatives have any claim to the morality issue. Do the liberals? I hardly think so
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

This just in from woody: the fundamental rights of a minority group should be ignored because "there's just a few of them."
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Yup. The only thing he cares about is his old white landowner friends. He'd cum all over his room if he could own people.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Also woodchip: If kids learn about LGBTQ they will become LGBTQ.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:57 pmI'm sorry TC but being in a very small minority does not entitle you to having your life style or wants be what you want them to be.
Holy cow, this is super ignorant of basic facts about sex and gender. Lifestyle? Wow.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep, I figured that's what woodchip's response would be, it's a "lifestyle choice". Wash, rinse, repeat. I'd ask him how I was indoctrinated in school at age 4 or 5 when absolutely nothing was discussed about gender back in the early 1960's. I guess that's what right wingers fear, that their children will be "groomed" and indoctrinated to be gay or trans by some school counselor. You said it yourself woody, that we make up a small segment of the population, so what's to fear? The odds are pretty low that your kid will end up LGBTQ and besides, what difference does it make? We're all human beings, not pieces of crap, unless we're still a fetus of course. Then we get all the protections in the world by the same ignorant jackasses who would probably not hesitate to force a gay child to go through hell or even hope to die. So what a bunch of ignorant bull★■◆●. I guess you'd rather see LGBTQ kids commit suicide than get support from a school counselor when their parents turn a cold shoulder or kick them out of the house in hate. Did you even read the article by that Florida educator I gave in my links? He knew he was gay by the age of 4 and he lived in a super religious household where that type of topic was never discussed. In fact, when he came out to his parents, they promptly told him he was going to Hell and derided him as lower than dirt. So parents know best eh? I say they're the first in line to screw up their kids, with ignorance, bigotry or even lack of love. When my mother divorced my biological father around the time I was 10, and I definitely knew what I was by then, she remarried an emotionally cold man, for money by the way. He never paid any attention to the things I liked to do, like work on mechanical things. He never once tried to teach me anything and he was mechanically inclined. I craved some learning and love from him, but I think he hated Tomboys and wanted nothing to do with me. He was never a FATHER. After hearing from my sister, I'm now kind of glad I was ignored. He actually got his jollies by verbally body shaming her when she reached adolescence. What an ass! We both hate him to this day, the old bastard, and can't wait for him to just die. Parents know best my rear end! :roll:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:09 am Also woodchip: If kids learn about LGBTQ they will become LGBTQ.
Too bad you're into assumption. Teaching kindergartners about sex is too young. Let them grow up a little before you start indoctrinating them. Better yet, have a trained counselor on hand that a child could go to if they wished (this OK TC)

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Acknowledging that some of their classmates have two moms or two dads isn't "teaching about sex" in any universe. Try again.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yep, teaching sexuality is not teaching about sex itself. It's more about how you feel in your own skin and I felt like I was a hijacked alien. At around 6 years of age, that's about the time I realized my brain sex didn't match my body sex, so it would've been a good time to understand that and have some sort of explanation and options. Those feelings had NOTHING to do with the actual sex act either. Hell, we weren't even taught about sex education until middle school (junior high). And don't talk about indoctrination. During the 1960's, nothing like that was even taught in school and I had to figure things out on my own. Until Stonewall, gender variation was never even discussed.