The lies of the left

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

The lies of the left

Post by woodchip »

So you all think that by getting the covid vaccination, you are helping stop the spread of the virus. Let me point out this little gem:

"The New York state Supreme Court has reinstated all employees who were fired for not being vaccinated, ordering back pay and saying their rights had been violated.

The court found Monday that "being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19."

So continue believing Dr Faucci or your fav opinion commentator on MSNBC But when the facts were presented in a court of law it all was found to be just so much BS used to control you.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: The lies of the left

Post by TigerRaptor »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:40 pm So you all think that by getting the covid vaccination, you are helping stop the spread of the virus.
Ok. And who said this here?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

That reminds me, I'm due for my fourth jab.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TigerRaptor wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:54 pm
woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:40 pm So you all think that by getting the covid vaccination, you are helping stop the spread of the virus.
Ok. And who said this here?
Not to demean you reading comprehension but, "
The court found Monday that "being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting COVID-19."
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Let's try this again. "So you all think that by getting the covid vaccination"

Who on this forum (The DescentBB) said such a thing?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Big win for woodchip's weird goal of spreading disease.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

It doesn't prevent it 100% (and no one with any decent grasp on the subject ever claimed that it did), but it certainly decreases the likelihood, and makes the symptoms a lot less severe. Just like wearing a seatbelt won't always save you from injury or death in a car accident, but it's certainly better than not wearing one. This is basic common sense.

The data is available for anyone to see:

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/ ... inated.pdf
Summary
Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
• 1.9 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.1 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have
completed the primary series

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 1.6 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 2.8 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who
have completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 1.8 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 2.9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have
completed the primary series.
• 4.5 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
I don't know how basic public health measures have now somehow become a political issue.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:20 pm It doesn't prevent it 100% (and no one with any decent grasp on the subject ever claimed that it did), but it certainly decreases the likelihood, and makes the symptoms a lot less severe. Just like wearing a seatbelt won't always save you from injury or death in a car accident, but it's certainly better than not wearing one. This is basic common sense.

The data is available for anyone to see:

https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/files/ ... inated.pdf
Summary
Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
• 1.9 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.1 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have
completed the primary series

Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 1.6 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 2.8 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who
have completed the primary series.

Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 1.8 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 2.9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have
completed the primary series.
• 4.5 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
I don't know how basic public health measures have now somehow become a political issue.
And yet Darth, People were being forced to lose their jobs for not getting the jab and it took the
NY Supreme Court to get these peoples jobs back (at any rate for those who lived in NY)

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I hate freakin' needles. It's not about "just me". If you don't want to get a covid vaccination, ok. Since you are making blanket statements does "the right" like being on ventilators to make a point?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Do you believe people should be allowed to keep their jobs if they are caught driving drunk? It's no guarantee that you'll hurt anyone doing it, and sober drivers get into accidents too. So going by your logic, it should be fine.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:40 pm So you all think that by getting the covid vaccination, you are helping stop the spread of the virus. Let me point out this little gem:

"The New York state Supreme Court has reinstated all employees who were fired for not being vaccinated, ordering back pay and saying their rights had been violated.

So continue believing Dr Faucci or your fav opinion commentator on MSNBC But when the facts were presented in a court of law it all was found to be just so much BS used to control you.
The vaccine is not a cure. It is a layer of protection. Like a condom, you dumb ★■◆●. It is what they told you when it first came out. It's what they told you for all vaccines.

And yes, I will accept what Fauci says because he's been doing work with that other communicable disease called HIV. He has our best interests in mind. You do not. If you think you know better, put your own body on the line and go catch covid.

And about New York, it's not a done deal. The city is appealing. But since you get your opinions from Fox News and OANN, of course you would say they got their jobs back.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I wasn’t clear. I hate needles BUT I’m fully vaccinated (with boosters) because it’s NOT all about me.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Real Americans don't truck with that woke Trump vaccine. I did my research and licking doorknobs works best, but the cultural marxists and their puppet pharma companies are trying to hide this FREE cure.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What the vaccines DO accomplish is to help keep people out of the hospital if they DO contract Covid and overloading our already strained and very expensive health care system. In other words, the disease is less severe when and if they contract it. Personally, I'm more afraid of Covid putting me in the hospital than dying, because I'd rather die than be bankrupted after a long stay in a hospital. And most people who've been on ventilators for months are never the same again healthwise. I'd say that's a damn good reason to get vaccinated.

And woody, since you're an old fart like me, have you ever been vaccinated against Covid since you seem to believe it's all some nefarious government plot? I've gotten my 4th shot and I'm doing great. I will continue to get boosters because this virus scares the hell out of me. I still, however, wear a mask when going to the store because even though many are vaccinated, it can still be spread as you noted. The very same jackasses who won't get vaccinated are the same jackasses who refuse to wear masks. Masks DO help prevent the spread of Covid, period.

What's funny now is parents are clamoring for a vaccine to prevent RSV in kids now that this nasty virus is putting a lot of kids in the hospital. However, there is no vaccine, so pediatric hospitals are now filled to capacity with kids who can't breathe. So probably some of the same people who refused a Covid shot are now praying for a vaccine to come out and save their suffering kids. How apropos.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

This is what the vaccine did for my county: (I marked in red when the vaccine became widely available)
rona.png
Compare the winter 2020/2021 wave to the winter 2021/2022 wave. The latter wave had 3x the cases, but just 1/3 the deaths. We had a pretty good level of vaccination going into that 2nd wave, and it saved 1000's of lives.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:11 pm That reminds me, I'm due for my fourth jab.
Got mine two days ago. It was weird, my previous shots all came with some degree of immune response, usually just the sniffles and maybe a slight headache for a few hours. But this time, nothing. My arm wasn't even sore. I started to think maybe I got the wrong shot or maybe it was delivered incorrectly because my body didn't react at all. Perhaps my immune system is super tuned to this virus since it's everywhere all the time?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Strange...I had little or no reaction to my first two doses, then had a pretty severe reaction to my first booster.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Both boosters nailed me. One was Moderna, the last was Pfizer. Headache, body aches, that sort of thing for just one day. But you really want to feel the hit? Get both the flu shot and the Covid booster in either arm. I did that with the first booster last year because I didn't want to have to come in twice. What a mistake. That really nailed me for about 4 days. They don't recommend that now. Duh.

I noticed woody hasn't said "yes or no" on whether he got ANY Covid vaccine. I'm guessing NO. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

vision wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:44 pm
Spidey wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:11 pm That reminds me, I'm due for my fourth jab.
Got mine two days ago. It was weird, my previous shots all came with some degree of immune response, usually just the sniffles and maybe a slight headache for a few hours. But this time, nothing. My arm wasn't even sore. I started to think maybe I got the wrong shot or maybe it was delivered incorrectly because my body didn't react at all. Perhaps my immune system is super tuned to this virus since it's everywhere all the time?
Same, but I also caught COVID over the summer, so that might have blunted my response to the vaccine as well? Or maybe I'm just trying to impose a pattern or significance onto something that is completely random. I really wish there was more science available on this stuff...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:45 pm Both boosters nailed me. One was Moderna, the last was Pfizer. Headache, body aches, that sort of thing for just one day. But you really want to feel the hit? Get both the flu shot and the Covid booster in either arm. I did that with the first booster last year because I didn't want to have to come in twice. What a mistake. That really nailed me for about 4 days. They don't recommend that now. Duh.

I noticed woody hasn't said "yes or no" on whether he got ANY Covid vaccine. I'm guessing NO. :P
Got the first 2 phizer shots at the VA but none since. The VA did make the recipients sit and wait 15 minutes to see if there were any immediate reactions. I had none as did most of the vets that had the shots.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Good for you. Now I dare you to get your boosters, BOTH of them, because you're far enough any from the initial shots to have your immune system partially forget the threat and you're old enough to still get seriously ill from the newer variants and end up in the hospital. Damn, what I'm I saying? If you're so convinced that these vaccines are a government plot to control and ruin our lives, go ahead and sit these ones out. You deserve to live the results of your conspiracies.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

TC, You can still get covid no matter how many boosters you get, nor are the paper masks or the cloth ones proof against the virus. Unless the mask somehow fits almost hermetically tight against the face, it is next to useless

Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Masks do work, they just aren't as effective at blocking viruses as most conservatives brains are at blocking facts.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You know woody, I've been wearing a simple 3 layer cloth mask I modified by inserting a metal band in the nose area ever since Covid showed up. It's not rated N95 or anything else and I boil it to sanitize. But it's comfortable and doesn't fog my glasses. And guess what? I haven't caught Covid, ever, and I live in a college town where the students bring in every disease imaginable. I also STILL wear it into my local stores, because as you pointed out, a person can still contract Covid even after vaccination. Plus the flu is now on the march and I haven't been able to get that shot yet.

So what the vaccines don't prevent one from getting Covid. But what they are proven to do is help prevent serious and deadly outcomes if one does catch the disease. In layman's terms, they help raise your chances that you won't end up in the hospital or worse, bankrupt and/or dead. I'd say most businesses would want healthy people working for them, not dead employees or employees stuck in an expensive hospital raising those businesses health insurance premiums. So I guess the mandate is a good thing for everyone concerned, even if you antigovernment types don't like it.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The only place I wear a mask is the VA as they make it mandatory. No covid yet and I've been tested numerous times. My argument here is if one doesn't want the jab, they shouldn't be fired from their job...and the ny supreme court agrees with me. Do what you want to feel safe but don't force other people to do the same.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There comes a time when a country has to decide if the good of the many outweigh the good of the one. How many must die before a society takes action to protect itself, even if that protection is not 100% effective? So it comes down to this, do we do things for the good of the entire nation, or the good of the individual? Mandated health requirements and vaccinations have been around for a long time. They're always mandated for the good of the many, i.e. society, not just the good of the one self-centered individual. If you want to live in isolation as a hermit away from others, I say yes, you can refuse to be vaccinated. But if you mingle with other people in a society, your heath can directly affect the health of others in that society, so at that point, the rights of society should outweigh the rights of the individual. If you don't like that, move to a deserted island and stay the hell away from everyone else. Same with every conspiracy loving anti-vax right winger out there in this country. Move to Idaho or Texas, wall off your state to protect the rest of us from your cooties and keep to yourselves in your little deluded hovels. You want to travel outside your self-imposed prison states, get vaccinated, period.

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/158827