Whats wrong

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Whats wrong

Post by woodchip »

whats wrong with this statement by the Asst Atty Gen Vanita Gupta : (the decision refers to SCOTUS ruling on Roe v Wade)

"The decision, she said, took away the constitutional right to an abortion and increased the "urgency" of the DOJ’s work "including enforcement of the FACE Act, to ensure continued lawful access to reproductive services." 
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Whats wrong

Post by Spidey »

Well, the only thing I see wrong is the concept that the constitution/Bill of Rights grant rights instead of protecting them.

I don't have time to explore the rest of her statement.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Spidey wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:51 am Well, the only thing I see wrong is the concept that the constitution/Bill of Rights grant rights instead of protecting them.

I don't have time to explore the rest of her statement.
So you think abortion is a constitutionally protected right?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No, I think abortion is a human right that is not protected by the constitution.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, I guess "Human Rights" aren't as important as "Constitutionally Protected Rights" then, even though this nation makes it policy to go after countries for their "human rights" violations. Anyone see any hypocrisy in this?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Spidey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:00 am No, I think abortion is a human right that is not protected by the constitution.
The entire developed world agrees with you.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Except conservatives in the good ol' U.S.A.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And except the late term fetus whom you so morbidly consider a disease. Easy for you super heroes to kill someone totally helpless and defenseless.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm not talking about late term abortions. They're abhorrent. But you and your party have seen fit to take away every woman's right to even have an early term abortion. In fact, I hear wispers from religious conservatives about even banning all contraception. In the meanwhile, there is absolutely no movement from Republicans on protecting and paying for raising those unwanted children born to single poor women or making the fathers responsible parents. Why? They don't give a ★■◆● once that child is born, period. I bet even you would balk at paying more taxes to help raise children born to poor mothers. It was their fault they got pregnant and they need to raise them, according to conservatives. In fact, does this country even have orphanages any more? That's where these kids used to be dumped. You talk about cruelity. Well, your party is deliberately cruel to children already born, which I think is worse.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:13 pm Well, I guess "Human Rights" aren't as important as "Constitutionally Protected Rights" then, even though this nation makes it policy to go after countries for their "human rights" violations. Anyone see any hypocrisy in this?
So where are all the once vocal feminist groups on the murdering of women in Iran for not dressing appropriately let alone letting trans males play in women's sports?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:22 am I'm not talking about late term abortions. They're abhorrent. But you and your party have seen fit to take away every woman's right to even have an early term abortion. In fact, I hear wispers from religious conservatives about even banning all contraception. In the meanwhile, there is absolutely no movement from Republicans on protecting and paying for raising those unwanted children born to single poor women or making the fathers responsible parents. Why? They don't give a ★■◆● once that child is born, period. I bet even you would balk at paying more taxes to help raise children born to poor mothers. It was their fault they got pregnant and they need to raise them, according to conservatives. In fact, does this country even have orphanages any more? That's where these kids used to be dumped. You talk about cruelity. Well, your party is deliberately cruel to children already born, which I think is worse.
You're full of ★■◆● TC, and you know it. SCOTUS ruled it is not a federal right, but a States right. As such we here in Michigan just voted in proposal 3 which allows for abortion.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nt-montana
So why do the Dems not put as much effort into supplying the pill to women or other BC methods as they do to abortion?

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Actually they do, but some people want to put an end to that as well.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey's right woody. Take in inch, take a mile. That's how gaining power works. Chip away at it little by little until all rights are gone forever.