Dominion verses Fox News

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Dominion verses Fox News

Post by Tunnelcat »

Poor Fox News. We're finding out that what they blithered on their shows was nothing but lies that they KNEW were lies, all to prop up their sagging ratings whenever they slipped up and drifted into truthiness on occassion. I guess Trumpublicans would rather feed on chum instead of the truth, that there was NO election fraud perpetrated by Dominion or their voting systems. Dominion finally had enough of the election fraud nonsense being spewed forth daily by Fox et. al. (Trump and the My Pillow Guy, need I say more. :roll: ) and decided to sue the network for defamation. Tsk, tsk. Airing dirty laundry stinks.

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/20/11582230 ... raud-claim
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Dominion verses Fox News

Post by Darth Wang »

Yet of course my mom still trusts them and watches them all the time...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I want them to force faux news to admit they are a bunch of liars and all the opinions they air are made up bull★■◆● entertainment their extremist audience wants to hear and bares no resemblance to reality whatsoever at the end of every commercial break for the next 30 years.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Tucker Carlson proves everyone is stupid.

When the right watches his show they believe everything he says...
"The Clintons are really lizard people...yup...yup...yup."

When the left watches his show they believe he actually believes the BS he espouses...
"Ha Ha that dumb ass thinks the Clintons are lizard people...yup...yup...yup."

Meanwhile Tucker is laughing all the way to the bank.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Spidey wrote:When the left watches his show they believe he actually believes the BS he espouses...
That's... not my reaction at all when seeing a Carlson clip. I believe he has a fairly informed view of reality, but knowingly and cynically distorts it to draw specific reactions from his audience. He's not attempting to accurately inform his audience, that's not the project he's working on. That he'll say things he knows to be untrue to his audience just shows his utter disdain for them.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

But that's just because you are smarter than the average bear, it seems to me most people seem to want to picture Republicans as stupid rather than clever liars.

Take those two attention whores, Boebert and Greene they both know everything they say has to be crazier than the last thing they said, or the press will remove it's LASER focus.

I mean seriously...nobody can be that stupid...not even a Republican. Not even a blond Republican. :lol:
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

All I think when I see a Carlson clip is that his face has looked like he accidentally shat himself daily for the past 20 years.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Neither option is good.

And as much as they disdain their audience they also fear them. They know their audience is so radicalized and unhinged that if they don't constantly reaffirm the audience's desired viewpoints they can and will violently attack and even Fox is not safe. At least liberal "cancel culture" doesn't actively try to murder you like conservatives do.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Top Gun wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:29 pm All I think when I see a Carlson clip is that his face has looked like he accidentally shat himself daily for the past 20 years.
Only as Spidey points out, it isn't accidental, he has deliberately shat himself daily for the last 20 years.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sometimes the crap in those pants gets so heavy that gravity takes over, even at Fox News.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archiv ... ed/523614/

Oh, and now Mr. Loofah is bitching about those liars at his former haunt Fox News, like he has ANY integrity AT ALL to even make a comment. Bill O'Reilly: "I would never sell out for ratings." Yeah, sure. Maybe money, threats and a little sexual harassment don't qualify in equivalence to being a lying jackass of a "news" reporter in his deluded mind. :P

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/o-r ... ;tsrc=twtr

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I think it's going to be difficult to win this lawsuit because Fox has the easy out that all of their commentators are simply espousing opinion.

I don't watch Fox so I don't even know if they actually have a news segment.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

They used to have one decent news show. Shepard Smith was the newscaster. He left the network after nearly 23 years of working there, so what does that tell you. I even used to watch his show. In fact, I used to watch several of their shows. But the outright partisan hatred really started bleeding into all their shows slowly over that last few decades. It kind of started in during Clinton's presidency and really took off under Obama's 2 terms. I could no longer take, or believe, what they were peddling as "news" and quit watching.

https://people.com/tv/shepard-smith-bre ... -fox-news/

Maybe Dominion won't win, maybe they will, who knows. Slander cases are interesting and hard to prove. What this lawsuit HAS done is expose all the internal dirty laundry at Fox News, which is pretty damning. The trial in April will be interesting. If anything comes out of all this, even more dirty laundry will see the light of day. Fox also needs to air that dirty laundry straight from the mouths of their own propagandists, which so far, has not occurred. Nary a peep. Otherwise, their viewers will never hear it, or believe it (not that it would make a damn bit of difference IMO). It's also not journalism to propagate "news" you KNOW is false, and that's what Fox did.

https://www.poynter.org/commentary/2023 ... s-lawsuit/
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

So Fox "News" settled for $787.5 million dollars.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Goddammit. I wanted to see Tucker "Resting ★■◆● Face" Carlson get utterly filleted on the stand.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I agree. Bunch of lying scumsuckers. They didn't learn their lesson either. It's business as usual. Tucker's still lying through his teeth, the pathological liar.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/tucker-c ... ne-russia/
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Though keep in mind this wasn't the only defamation lawsuit filed against Fox, another similar company wants like 2.7 billion dollars for pretty much the same reasons. And there are also lawsuits filed against some of the hosts themselves. It is not over yet, Fox and its hosts have been carelessly and blatantly lying for decades and getting away with it because basically nobody was willing to challenge the incredibly broad interpretation of the first amendment the country rightfully enjoys. But the first amendment and freedom of the press wasn't intended as a total and absolute free pass to lie and spread destructive propaganda without any accountability whatsoever. Its intention was to prevent the government from controlling political speech because there are countless examples of how dangerous and easy to abuse that would be, but allowing hugely bias conservative media to say and amplify anything that makes them money with zero regard for objective reality or the truth is proving to be just as dangerous.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Krom wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:04 am Though keep in mind this wasn't the only defamation lawsuit filed against Fox, another similar company wants like 2.7 billion dollars for pretty much the same reasons. And there are also lawsuits filed against some of the hosts themselves. It is not over yet, Fox and its hosts have been carelessly and blatantly lying for decades and getting away with it because basically nobody was willing to challenge the incredibly broad interpretation of the first amendment the country rightfully enjoys. But the first amendment and freedom of the press wasn't intended as a total and absolute free pass to lie and spread destructive propaganda without any accountability whatsoever. Its intention was to prevent the government from controlling political speech because there are countless examples of how dangerous and easy to abuse that would be, but allowing hugely bias conservative media to say and amplify anything that makes them money with zero regard for objective reality or the truth is proving to be just as dangerous.
While I agree if Fox didn't have the juice to back up what they were reporting then they should pay the piper. However it is curious that you and others are solely dumping on Fox while overlooking NPR. How many of you realize Musk has a billion dollar lawsuit against them.:
"Elon Musk Stands Firm in Billion-Dollar Lawsuit Against NPR, Asserts False Reporting Damaged His Reputation."

https://spacexmania.com/elon-musk-clari ... ot-a-joke/

So I guess NPR Is also filled with scumbag reporters.

As to being afraid of their audience, NPR has more to fear from theirs...afterall it wasn't conservatives burning down cities.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:While I agree if Fox didn't have the juice to back up what they were reporting then they should pay the piper.
If you think what Fox did was simply a failure of reporting, you are every bit the mark that entities like Fox think you are. These fuckers weren't lying to me, they were lying to YOU.

Stop being a mark, woodchip.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 am
woodchip wrote:While I agree if Fox didn't have the juice to back up what they were reporting then they should pay the piper.
If you think what Fox did was simply a failure of reporting, you are every bit the mark that entities like Fox think you are. These fuckers weren't lying to me, they were lying to YOU.

And Vander, stop being a mark for NPR as the fuckers are lying to you.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

woodchip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:19 am
Vander wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 am

And Vander, stop being a mark for NPR as the fuckers are lying to you.
Mr Rodgers never lied to me
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Woody, what Musk is suing NPR over is essentially defamation of character. He has to prove in court that him being called names or exaggerating things about his company hurt his reputation and caused him damages. That's a high bar to prove in court. Musk may not like the public scrutiny once he heads to trial either, because it will end up airing out any of his dirty laundry. NPR has nothing to lose except money, but Musk may not like his character or business practices put up to public scrutiny. Musk's ego is no different than Putin's, an egomaniac who throws journalists in jail who report things unfavorably about him or his ill-conceived war. Musk, by most definitions, is an egomaniac himself.

Fox got in mto trouble with their own internal emails and communications, saying things to their viewers on TV to help Trump or bolster his claims of election fraud, while internally villifying Trump as an idiot and calling his stolen election claims "nuts". Solid hard proof. They put out propaganda, not news and are paying the price. Giuliani is being sued as well, since he was the main superspreader of all this bull★■◆●. Fox isn't out of the woods yet either. Several Fox personalities are being sued and another voting machine company and a fired producer are going after them and this one may be more damaging. The saga continues, much to Murdock's chagrin.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/fox-resol ... 023-04-19/
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

woodchip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:19 am And Vander, stop being a mark for NPR as the fuckers are lying to you.
Wrong. NPR and PBS are some of the most trustworthy news organizations still operating, just because they don't exclusively reinforce your personal views doesn't mean they are lies. In fact the lies are generally the stuff that reinforces your views like what Fox has been spewing for decades. Your views and opinions are poisoned and corrupted by conservative propaganda and bare no resemblance to reality and this scramble of yours to find some whataboutism to deflect away from Fox News proves it.

Also Elon Musk would be right at home on Fox News, his political views are range from wrong to outright abhorrent and he hates the free and unbiased press because they don't cater to his huge ego, and he is a pathetic snowflake which is why he is attacking NPR and PBS. He is lying and making ★■◆● up pretty much just as much as Fox news does and spectacularly running twitter into the ground with how terrible he is at managing social media. Not only will he will lose his case against NPR but they could likely even win a counter-suit against him over it if he doesn't give up gracefully.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Krom wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:26 pm
woodchip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:19 am And Vander, stop being a mark for NPR as the fuckers are lying to you.
Wrong. NPR and PBS are some of the most trustworthy news organizations still operating, just because they don't exclusively reinforce your personal views doesn't mean they are lies. In fact the lies are generally the stuff that reinforces your views like what Fox has been spewing for decades. Your views and opinions are poisoned and corrupted by conservative propaganda and bare no resemblance to reality and this scramble of yours to find some whataboutism to deflect away from Fox News proves it.

Also Elon Musk would be right at home on Fox News, his political views are range from wrong to outright abhorrent and he hates the free and unbiased press because they don't cater to his huge ego, and he is a pathetic snowflake which is why he is attacking NPR and PBS. He is lying and making ★■◆● up pretty much just as much as Fox news does and spectacularly running twitter into the ground with how terrible he is at managing social media. Not only will he will lose his case against NPR but they could likely even win a counter-suit against him over it if he doesn't give up gracefully.
How accurate would you say this chart is?

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I used to trust PBS, but not anymore.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I still haven’t received my 7 bullet point internet debating aid worksheet to be able to defend fox entertainment corporation in all of this. Gotta tow the line no matter how irrational, complete with that itch we call cognitive dissonance.
🤓
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:08 pm
Krom wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:26 pm

How accurate would you say this chart is?

Interesting char. Why does the right side of the curve reach lower than the left side? Is there no "tin foil hat" news on the left?

edit:
I defined it

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Here's a picture of my Toe Rogan tattoo brothers! Let's eat some meat.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

The chart is ★■◆●.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Vander wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:28 pm The chart is ★■◆●.
Agreed. The "left" on that chart is just capitalist left not actual left. There is basically no popular leftist media in the US.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

vision wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:00 am
Vander wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:28 pm The chart is ★■◆●.
Agreed. The "left" on that chart is just capitalist left not actual left. There is basically no popular leftist media in the US.
As if you had the capacity to tell the difference.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Yeah, taking capitalism for granted without acknowledgement in your "media bias" chart is a bit ridiculous. Even within it's own framing, it's stupid and reductive.

It's like a Fisher Price "Baby's First Media Bias" toy.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I never said it was accurate. I was just asking for others' opinions.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Darth Wang wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:53 am I never said it was accurate. I was just asking for others' opinions.
I think each person would have their own version, so to call it wrong is pointless.