I don't think ai is a threat in the way you think it's going to be

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: I don't think ai is a threat in the way you think it's going to be

Post by Burlyman »

If you're reading this and you're not an Air Force chat bot, You are the resistance. :)

reSistenZ :P
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Still think AI is not a threat Isaac? Plus, good ol' Musk's "free speech" platform was used to spread it.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/twitter ... 33682.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:10 pm Still think AI is not a threat Isaac? Plus, good ol' Musk's "free speech" platform was used to spread it.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/twitter ... 33682.html
actually, I think this thread has come full-circle. Check out the first post.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Question for you Isaac. Do you think AI will eventually be used in video games to control NPC's? Right now, most games have dumb or repetitive NPC behaviors that are easy to predict and defeat.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

So now we can tell Dravis where to stick it the next time he sends us on a suicide mission?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Darth Wang wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:03 am
So now we can tell Dravis where to stick it the next time he sends us on a suicide mission?
:lol: Dravis maybe, but what about his robots patrolling the mines?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:46 pm Question for you Isaac. Do you think AI will eventually be used in video games to control NPC's? Right now, most games have dumb or repetitive NPC behaviors that are easy to predict and defeat.
1. they've called game NPCs as the "ai" since the 80s. Game characters, thought not using machine learning, can use hand coded conditions to interact with the user. So calling them ai will be nothing new. The difference is we now have a higher standard of what qualifies as ai.
2. Yes, I completely believe with "always online" single player games, we'll have games that will have their speech and thinking done on Sony's servers. It will be expensive and I'm sure console players will pay through the nose for it.
3. They're already trying to do this via CHATGPT api, but it's pretty rough at the moment and the api costs money per use.
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I don't think we need to worry about Dravis. His ass was pinned to the wall by a guidebot.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

But the company lives on like a fetid zombie corporation. Kind of like the Weyland Yutani Corporation has outlived Weyland himself in the Alien series.
Isaac wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:42 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:46 pm Question for you Isaac. Do you think AI will eventually be used in video games to control NPC's? Right now, most games have dumb or repetitive NPC behaviors that are easy to predict and defeat.
1. they've called game NPCs as the "ai" since the 80s. Game characters, thought not using machine learning, can use hand coded conditions to interact with the user. So calling them ai will be nothing new. The difference is we now have a higher standard of what qualifies as ai.
2. Yes, I completely believe with "always online" single player games, we'll have games that will have their speech and thinking done on Sony's servers. It will be expensive and I'm sure console players will pay through the nose for it.
3. They're already trying to do this via CHATGPT api, but it's pretty rough at the moment and the api costs money per use.
Isn't that Microsoft's and even Amazon's dream (as well as Sony and Nintendo), to run all games in the cloud on any device? That gives them the greater freedom to micro-charge for things within the game as well. The Holy Grail of moneymaking. A captive addicted audience willing to pay to buff their character or weapons. Once you do that, all you need is a terminal or device to access that game and all computing can be done at the head in main computers. No high zoot video cards or processors needed. Just a fast internet connection and a large display and controller(s). Any advanced AI can be used to control the NPC's in single player games. Players wouldn't have to worry about human cheaters, unless the AI learns how to cheat to win of course. The current sticking point to this dream is not everyone has access to affordable high speed internet.