Stopped in to see what’s up and share an idea…

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Stopped in to see what’s up and share an idea…

Post by Darth Wang »

Biden was my least favored choice among the Democratic candidates for the 2020 election. But it wasn't even a choice between him and Mango Mussolini, or any Republican who supports the kinds of policies I mentioned.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:46 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:45 pmNo, they are intrinsically identical.
Totally wrong. They are the same in that both parties are corporations who server corporate interests, but one party wants to imprison me and my friends and the other party wants everyone to have free health care and more opportunities to create personal wealth. There is such a dramatic difference between Trump and Biden as people it's hard to overstate how much healthier the later is compared to the poisonous former. It's really incredible how I went from a card-carrying republican, to saying "any democrat but Biden" three years ago to "can't wait to vote for Biden" today. The republican party is full of insane people disconnected from reality.
I smell hyperbole, lots of it.

But maybe I’m wrong. What is it that you and your friends do that makes the Republican Party want to lock you up?

And if the democrats want to give everyone free health care they would have certainly sponsored legislation for that and with their control of the White House, and both houses of congress Obamacare would have really been something else! But that didn’t happen. So maybe they were just as beholding to the rich powerful puppet masters behind the scenes that the republicans are.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Here’s another thought. I wonder if Krom will decide I’m really trolling to suppress the vote of someone with this.lol

Why won’t both parties vote to put weighted voting into effect? So you can list your preference for president in order from first to last choice.

Al Gore lost the GWBush because of Ralph Nader siphoning off democrat votes.
George HW Bush lost to Clinton because Ross Perot siphoned off Republican votes.
If weighted voting was in effect Gore would have one and Bush would have won in those elections. So it isn’t that it favors only one side.

I’ll tell you why, because they like the status quo, only having to gaslight the voting public with two fronts, two sets of shiny objects to lie about.
Why ask for more work?!? It’s hard enough faking you care about a hand full of issues that you have manufactured a story about. We don’t even warrant a full days work three day a month from them. They are busy important people who know everything and we are just supposed to shut up and generate gross domestic product so they can tax us and tell us to shut up.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Will Robinson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:26 pm
vision wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:46 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:45 pmNo, they are intrinsically identical.
Totally wrong. They are the same in that both parties are corporations who server corporate interests, but one party wants to imprison me and my friends and the other party wants everyone to have free health care and more opportunities to create personal wealth. There is such a dramatic difference between Trump and Biden as people it's hard to overstate how much healthier the later is compared to the poisonous former. It's really incredible how I went from a card-carrying republican, to saying "any democrat but Biden" three years ago to "can't wait to vote for Biden" today. The republican party is full of insane people disconnected from reality.
I smell hyperbole, lots of it.
He who smelt it, dealt it.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:26 pmWhat is it that you and your friends do that makes the Republican Party want to lock you up?
I know you live in a bubble, but I'm surprised you heaven't heard of all the republican state legislation that makes getting an abortion illegal, helping someone get or providing an abortion illegal, getting medical help for trans youth illegal, discussing the existence of gay people in the classroom illegal, etc, etc, etc... I won't support a party that suppresses civil rights and that's the only thing the republicans stand for these days: fighting a culture war they lost years ago.
Will Robinson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:26 pmAnd if the democrats want to give everyone free health care they would have certainly sponsored legislation for that...
The democrats are not a mono-culture like republicans. Even though progress is slow against entrenched systems it's only democrat lawmakers who are trying to drag this country into the modern world. No one on the republican side has any good ideas. They are intellectually void and morally bankrupt. I will never vote for a republican as long as I live, which is so crazy to see myself type since I grew up as a republican in Chicago where the democrats were ridiculously and historically corrupt. I would rather have any of our ex-con Illinois governors as president over anything the republican party coughs up.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

"Both sides bad! Both sides need to be defeated!"

Okay.

You first.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Krom wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:22 am "Both sides bad! Both sides need to be defeated!"

Okay.

You first.
I started by voting for Obama in the primary 2007
I didn’t want his party to win and Hillary getting the nomination would have ensured they won and didn’t change a bit. I wasn’t particularly happy Obama won because he proved to be full of crap compared to his speech in the convention that launched him to national notoriety a few years earlier but it wasn’t a wasted vote.
I haven’t voted for a Republican president in this century. I don’t regret ‘wasting’ any votes.
I think this election, if it stays between Biden Trump, we could see a lot more people do the same.stay home, vote for the libertarian or Green Party etc.Will they win? No. If they rise in numbers significantly they may be the foot in the door that spurs real change in how our leaders shape their platforms.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:02 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:26 pmWhat is it that you and your friends do that makes the Republican Party want to lock you up?
I know you live in a bubble, but I'm surprised you heaven't heard of all the republican state legislation that makes getting an abortion illegal, helping someone get or providing an abortion illegal, getting medical help for trans youth illegal, discussing the existence of gay people in the classroom illegal, etc, etc, etc... I won't support a party that suppresses civil rights and that's the only thing the republicans stand for these days: fighting a culture war they lost years ago.
Will Robinson wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:26 pmAnd if the democrats want to give everyone free health care they would have certainly sponsored legislation for that...
The democrats are not a mono-culture like republicans. Even though progress is slow against entrenched systems it's only democrat lawmakers who are trying to drag this country into the modern world. No one on the republican side has any good ideas. They are intellectually void and morally bankrupt. I will never vote for a republican as long as I live, which is so crazy to see myself type since I grew up as a republican in Chicago where the democrats were ridiculously and historically corrupt. I would rather have any of our ex-con Illinois governors as president over anything the republican party coughs up.
So ‘some’ Republican hold views that are abhorrent. Shocking! But the party as a whole is guilty by association. Monolithic.
Yet you rationalize your switch to Democrats because they are the non monolithic party? No guilt by association. And that excuses them for only talking about shiny objects but not delivering.

Okay, it wasn’t just a truckload of hyperbole it was also a confusing conflict of logic. Shortsighted.
I have friends who are way more conservative than I am but they vote for dems because of abortion. That is their red line. So they have supported all sorts of bad left wing policy they hate and complain about yet they have some kind of disconnect that absolves them from owning a part of that bad policy.

I understand the crazy republicans have driven you to abandon them but you support the other side of the same blade that still swings at everyone here in the US and beyond. As long as most of us choose one of the two then the two will be the same. They both use the same tactics, lies, etc.and together they deliver what we have. Biden and Trump is their flagship product because that’s all it takes for them to protect the rich and powerful that pull their strings.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

First off, while at times I disagree with Will, he is still a far cut above most posters here (and that includes me). Let get to the real. Dems suk when they get in power for too long. Maybe Reps do too as God knows there are enough rhinos out there. But we need a periodic shake up to balance things out or you get things like the DOJ being a party tool used to influence a election...unless you live in a bubble. So abhorrent isn't a abortion? Guess what happens if you murder a pregnant woman ( at least where a prosecutor actually goes by the law)? You get charged with a double murder. Let a doctor do it and all is fine and dandy. Why not make it mandatory for a male or a female to get their tubes tied? Why wait until a doctor has to perform an act of murder?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:57 amI understand the crazy republicans have driven you to abandon them but you support the other side of the same blade that still swings at everyone here in the US and beyond. As long as most of us choose one of the two then the two will be the same.
Yo, you're still missing the point. Republicans have no ideas on how to make the world a better place. None. Their platform sucks. It's all the same nonsense they've been talking about since the 80s. The world has changed a lot in the last 40 years and republicans can't seem to get a grip on that fact. And no, voting third party is dumb as hell when you have a system like ours. It's better to work within that system to invoke change, and for me that mean voting for the most progressive candidates I can find for the democratic party. It's time to catch up to the rest of the developed world.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:11 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:57 amI understand the crazy republicans have driven you to abandon them but you support the other side of the same blade that still swings at everyone here in the US and beyond. As long as most of us choose one of the two then the two will be the same.
Yo, you're still missing the point. Republicans have no ideas on how to make the world a better place. None. Their platform sucks. It's all the same nonsense they've been talking about since the 80s. The world has changed a lot in the last 40 years and republicans can't seem to get a grip on that fact. And no, voting third party is dumb as hell when you have a system like ours. It's better to work within that system to invoke change, and for me that mean voting for the most progressive candidates I can find for the democratic party. It's time to catch up to the rest of the developed world.
A lot of what humans need hasnt changed sidnce the 80's. Security, and a budget that won't do to us what so many of those places in the rest of the world are suffering are two of many that the Dems have been ignoring since before the 80's. The core of the Republicans platform isn't all bad, same can be said for the Democrats. Of course saying that I'm reminded of the old saying 'the best lies have some truth in them', so I don't credit any of them for actually having any conviction or moral compass. We have let them act with relative impunity for so long they are brazen with contempt for us peons. A large part of that is the press was once the great equalizer but now it is like a mercenary group that is only in it for money!

I am the one trying to find ways to work within the system...to break it into pieces optimistic that rebuilding bits of it will cause change to avoid another breakdown. That is the kind of thing our leaders respond to. Votes that come in as predicted tell them they have everything they want in control etc. If they come up short a bit here and there they gerrymander districts, shift funds to buy a few more next time etc etc but do nothing to cause serious change. Change means they don't have a handle on what is needed for their next little attempt to hold or take the House or Senate or the White House. They fear too much change that's why both parties spend millions, billions even, to gaslight us into thinking they feel our pain but we have to stay strong with 'the party' because without them we have no hope. Well without them really just means we will have replacements for them...replacements who will be wary of why they suddenly got the chance to be the new leaders. time to shake it up. Come on! With the best they can offer being Biden Trump part duex do you really have a lot to lose?!?!

You are more like someone who has surrendered to the system. I think because you see supporting the professed plan ( note you can read 'professed' to mean offered but never delivered) as somehow working for change.
That is the point being missed here. Only when you cause the complacent leaders to fear an imminent loss of power will they do anything new, or significant, otherwise your lack of being a threat to them is tacit approval of the system as it is.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:11 am First off, while at times I disagree with Will, he is still a far cut above most posters here (and that includes me). Let get to the real. Dems suk when they get in power for too long. Maybe Reps do too as God knows there are enough rhinos out there. But we need a periodic shake up to balance things out or you get things like the DOJ being a party tool used to influence a election...unless you live in a bubble. So abhorrent isn't a abortion? Guess what happens if you murder a pregnant woman ( at least where a prosecutor actually goes by the law)? You get charged with a double murder. Let a doctor do it and all is fine and dandy. Why not make it mandatory for a male or a female to get their tubes tied? Why wait until a doctor has to perform an act of murder?
LOL. ★■◆●ing A. You talk about Biden weaponizing with DOJ. If anything, you need to blame Trump for setting precedent with the DOJ. Look at Trump and his lackeys, Sessions and Barr. And NO, the DOJ didn't influence the 2020 election. Trump did that BS all by himself, is now being prosecuted for it and there are enough indictments by federal and state prosecutors NOT related to the DOJ to fill an encyclopedia to prove it. Poor little baby Trump. There's a ton of proof that the DOJ was Trump's personal private political avenger. So go fly a kite with your accusations and clean your own closets.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ew/619178/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... epartment/

https://www.newsweek.com/president-trum ... on-1503193

Herr Mango Dictator Trump claimed and NO, this is a democracy. He DOESN'T have the right and neither does Biden:
Trump wrote:"I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department..."
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Weaponizing like setting a false narrative like Trump colluded with the Russians and kept the Newsies from reporting on Hunter (still think that's old news fernman?) I don't see Bidens houses being raided (his stolen classified documents were taken while he was vice pres...not President). I get that you're smug but the pendulum is swinging the other way. Don't complain if Trump or De Santis gets inn Any questions just read my tag line. But then you prolly don't understand it anyway.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The best plan to get rid of Trump would be for a ★■◆● load of Democrats and Independents to register as Republican and get rid of him in the primaries.

That plan has about as much chance as Will's.

Then of course you still have to deal with sleepy Joe getting elected.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Let's see, over eleven thousand stolen documents, including hundreds marked top secret, versus roughly a dozen documents that Biden's team gave back voluntarily upon being asked. The former were discovered missing by the national archives, while the latter were discovered by Biden's own team. Trump refused to return them and the FBI needed to get involved. Biden's team voluntarily returned theirs immediately.

I'll take false equivalence for 1000, Alex.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Will Robinson wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:10 pmA lot of what humans need hasnt changed sidnce the 80's.
If you look at statistics from the 80s until today you'll see a clear trend of the US falling behind our peers in almost every metric, including life expectancy, infant mortality, prevalence of disease, wealth inequality, and most importantly, happiness. There is no way I'm supporting a party that is so out of touch with the modern world. There are clear differences between democrats and republicans in this regard (for instance, republicans are actively trying to harm the most vulnerable in our population).
Will Robinson wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:10 pmTime to shake it up. Come on! With the best they can offer being Biden Trump part duex do you really have a lot to lose?!?! You are more like someone who has surrendered to the system.
I, like you I'm sure, are active in local politics and vote in every local election I can. I kinda hate all the work that comes along with civic responsibility, hours and hours of researching every candidate to try and get some kind of glimpse of their character. It doesn't matter if we have a two-party system, or a parliament, or whatever form of democracy you think of, the process is the same: vote for local offices and those choices bubble up and influence the top of the pyramid. And for me that involves voting for people with some kind of imagination.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:29 pm Let's see, over eleven thousand stolen documents, including hundreds marked top secret, versus roughly a dozen documents that Biden's team gave back voluntarily upon being asked. The former were discovered missing by the national archives, while the latter were discovered by Biden's own team. Trump refused to return them and the FBI needed to get involved. Biden's team voluntarily returned theirs immediately.

I'll take false equivalence for 1000, Alex.
That’s all accurate actual numbers may be an exaggeration but the difference in intent and willful obstruction once discovered is the important part.

However…the Justice department stonewalling investigation until statutes of limitation allowed denial of warrants and also stonewalling until Baiden’s lawyers could be tipped off about a warrant that was well within the time limit so they could remove incriminating evidence is equally if not more egregious.

And what everyone should recognize as a serious threat to our future is the way the press so flagrantly ignores these kind of double standards. It’s as if Tunnelcat is the actual Attorney General with her selective outrage setting the rules!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

How many times and for how long did the Justice Department and National Archives ask Trump nicely to return the documents everyone knew he had, including telling his lawyers outright, before the FBI finally showed up with a warrant? Is your definition of "stonewalling" perhaps "Not immediately deploying S.W.A.T."? Or pretty much the same way they "stonewalled" when Pence also voluntarily handed over found documents?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:14 pm The best plan to get rid of Trump would be for a ★■◆● load of Democrats and Independents to register as Republican and get rid of him in the primaries.

That plan has about as much chance as Will's.

Then of course you still have to deal with sleepy Joe getting elected.
Just lovely, the no win scenario or zero sum game. Either way it sucks.

And woody, Pence and Biden WILLINGLY handed over documents and WILLINGLY let the FBI search their premises. Trump stonewalled, locked out his homes to the authorities, forcing them to obtain search warrants, and obstructed the handover of said documents as long as possible. He had his lawyers LIE to the FBI and Government Archives that he'd handed over ALL the documents, when he HADN'T. He even showed some of those top secret documents to God knows who while they were sitting in Mar A Lago. I'd say that makes him a traitor to our country and the equivalent of a foreign spy who should never, ever be NEAR any kind of secret intelligence ever again.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Krom wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:58 pm How many times and for how long did the Justice Department and National Archives ask Trump nicely to return the documents everyone knew he had, including telling his lawyers outright, before the FBI finally showed up with a warrant? Is your definition of "stonewalling" perhaps "Not immediately deploying S.W.A.T."? Or pretty much the same way they "stonewalled" when Pence also voluntarily handed over found documents?
Are you seriously trying to equate the two?
In the Trump case he was well aware they wanted what he and they both knew to be in his immediate possession. The fact that he didn’t surrender the materials led to him being indicted and he may be found guilty.

In the other case Hunter Biden did not know what the IRS or FBI were planning to look at. He has grown up enjoying the protection of higher ups in government including his father. He had no reason to try to hide or remove or destroy evidence. In at least two incidents the investigation was stalled for no reason until the statute of limitation applied then the ‘reason’ was ‘it’s too late’. In the other instance the crime was too recent for that tactic to protect him so the higher ups played hot potato with the responsibility to sign off on the warrant for a time period long enough to have someone in the Justice Department notify Hunter Baiden’s lawyer that a search warrant for a storage facility was issued and would be enforced within a weeks time!

A bit of a difference I think.
By all means please send Trump to jail for what he did. But either change the name of The Justice Department to ‘The Justice for the Chosen Few Department’ or get rid of the corrupt people that have made that new name completely accurate!
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Wait, we're talking about Hunter Biden now? You can lock up Hunter and Donald in the same cell as far as I'm concerned.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:45 am Wait, we're talking about Hunter Biden now? You can lock up Hunter and Donald in the same cell as far as I'm concerned.
If you don’t understand by now, the underlying problem of Hunter getting millions of dollars funneled through shell companies that end up in the hands of the Biden family by way of leveraging his fathers role in government for many years going back to Obamas first term when Joe Biden was vice president, then you must not be paying attention. Or you limit yourself to Democrat party approved news sources.And don’t buy into the notion Hunter is the evil mastermind behind the scam. He couldn’t think his way out of a kindergarten spelling bee!

With no real evidence or money trail the democrats in congress, the FBI, the NSA and media took a folder of Hillary Clinton campaign opposition research that was pure disinformation and managed to use it to impeach Trump.

Conversely, the Republicans actually have evidence supported by credible witness testimony and money trails from banks under subpoenas that make a much stronger case. But they do lack the media and government component of the democrats effort.
And, no small thing is, Trump sucks so badly so many ways that it’s hard for sensible people to jump on the bandwagon if it means he gets re-elected and gets to go on a ‘revenge tour’ pumping up his chest saying I told you so.

It is such a pathetic state of affairs really, all the way around. My kids talk about moving to Europe and I can’t really blame them for thinking about it. I’ve never before been embarrassed to be a U.S. citizen but I am now. It is literally like living in a bad Saturday Night Live comedy routine that never ends!
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:45 am Wait, we're talking about Hunter Biden now? You can lock up Hunter and Donald in the same cell as far as I'm concerned.
At this point, I agree. I say put Hunter (and Hillary for good measure) and Trump into a cage, grease them up and let them fight it out to the bitter end. It would sure be more entertaining than the 2024 election will be. But somehow, I don't think even that would satisfy Republicans at this juncture. THEY won't be happy with anyone as president who isn't a dyed in the wool, anti-left fascist at this point.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Will Robinson wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:18 am
If you don’t understand by now, the underlying problem of Hunter getting millions of dollars funneled through shell companies that end up in the hands of the Biden family by way of leveraging his fathers role in government for many years going back to Obamas first term when Joe Biden was vice president, then you must not be paying attention. Or you limit yourself to Democrat party approved news sources.And don’t buy into the notion Hunter is the evil mastermind behind the scam. He couldn’t think his way out of a kindergarten spelling bee!

With no real evidence or money trail the democrats in congress, the FBI, the NSA and media took a folder of Hillary Clinton campaign opposition research that was pure disinformation and managed to use it to impeach Trump.

Conversely, the Republicans actually have evidence supported by credible witness testimony and money trails from banks under subpoenas that make a much stronger case. But they do lack the media and government component of the democrats effort.
And, no small thing is, Trump sucks so badly so many ways that it’s hard for sensible people to jump on the bandwagon if it means he gets re-elected and gets to go on a ‘revenge tour’ pumping up his chest saying I told you so.

It is such a pathetic state of affairs really, all the way around. My kids talk about moving to Europe and I can’t really blame them for thinking about it. I’ve never before been embarrassed to be a U.S. citizen but I am now. It is literally like living in a bad Saturday Night Live comedy routine that never ends!
We were comparing the illegal document handling of Trump and Joe Biden, if you forgot...
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:15 am We were comparing the illegal document handling of Trump and Joe Biden, if you forgot...
I remember the conversation started about something different than that, I started it, if you remember.

Someone wanted to take it down Red Herring Lane and I understand you like the view out there but some of us are bored with that path so the conversation has shifted once again.
Sorry if it touched on something you’d rather not hear about but that is the way it goes sometimes.
Maybe you could open your mind and be better off for it even if it bothers you to learn about.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Will Robinson wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:31 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:15 am We were comparing the illegal document handling of Trump and Joe Biden, if you forgot...
I remember the conversation started about something different than that, I started it, if you remember.

Someone wanted to take it down Red Herring Lane and I understand you like the view out there but some of us are bored with that path so the conversation has shifted once again.
Sorry if it touched on something you’d rather not hear about but that is the way it goes sometimes.
Maybe you could open your mind and be better off for it even if it bothers you to learn about.
I only see Red Herrings from one direction here. If you look at the post at the top of this page, you'll see that Joe Biden was my least favored Democratic candidate in 2016, but he's still light-years better than Drumpf. Your 'both sides are identical' rhetoric isn't fooling anyone.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Never fails to amuse me how conservatives can't fathom that "liberals" don't support people, only policies. Hunter Biden a crook? Put him in jail. No one cares. Joe Biden a criminal? Also jail. No one likes him, he's just better for the country than Trump. In fact, Pelosi and Feinstein should be in jail too, along with Manchin and a ton of other democrats. Jail them all. We don't care.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

vision wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:50 pm Never fails to amuse me how conservatives can't fathom that "liberals" don't support people, only policies. Hunter Biden a crook? Put him in jail. No one cares. Joe Biden a criminal? Also jail. No one likes him, he's just better for the country than Trump. In fact, Pelosi and Feinstein should be in jail too, along with Manchin and a ton of other democrats. Jail them all. We don't care.
In the context of what is going on there is a ‘policy’ implemented by the democrat party, partisans in the government including many in high office in the executive branch and a majority of news and entertainment media that ‘enforces’ unequal justice.

The civilian branch of that group do their best to cancel, shout down, disparage, etc. anyone who has a voice and tries to point it out.
Those in power in the government shield their political allies and attack the other side, intimidate citizens, weaponize the departments to ‘fight the good fight’ in the name of their political leaning.
Things like hamper legitimate law enforcement investigations as I pointed out earlier.
Things like surreptitiously leak misinformation to a couple different journalist (Michael Isakoff was used for example) information to be published, creating a circular source of supposedly independent fact finding that they then use in front of a judge that requires multiple sources before allowing an investigation to go further. They tell the judge this ‘revelation’ has merit since it coincides with other ‘independent’ reporting and their own preliminary investigation all the while knowing it is false and they are the only real source of the false story! They do that to get warrants to open an ‘ investigation’ into their political target. And who is going to report on it?!?

If someone wants to speak out against that kind of practice they get ridiculed by the majority of media and pop culture. If Fox News is the only major outlet to put the story out and no celebrity or other loud voice is willing to get cancelled by showing concern then the story is believed to be a republican trick before it has a chance to be considered. Game over. Mission accomplished.

So if a conservative is trying to speak up against that process and they have you thinking they see liberals as ‘supporting people’ not just policy on the left….well, how would one deal with that kind of challenge without pointing to the individuals behavior as something beyond your definition of “policy”?!? And you call republicans a cult?! They are like cub scouts, the dems are like the Catholic Church in comparison. The crazy republicans are cultish for sure but the dems have the luxury of operations in plain sight with complete impunity. The last few generations of dems are in complete denial of their cult membership. You can’t blame them really, they are growing up in that world, re-enforced by every ‘approved’ source of validation!

And this is not to say liberals have no good policy, they do. Both sides have some good policy ideas. But the game isn’t won by implementing good policy. It’s won by maintaining a majority of motivated cheer leaders. And we are living the hellish results of two teams playing that game with our lives.
If it was football (American football) I’d say it’s 3rd quarter, D’s are up by 20 points over the R’s and both teams have shitty quarterbacks but the D’s have more referees on the payroll and are feeling pretty good about the rest of the game.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

I'm astonished anyone could possibly think the Democrats could be even half that competent!

Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I come in here, I see Will Robinson came out from under his rock to pull both sides garbage, a novel of bull★■◆● filled with defending people who have literally put others lives in danger because they did nothing wrong other than to make conservatives feel icky.

No denouncements of anti-abortion policies that have put women in jail. No denouncements of legislation that force trans people to detransition. No denouncement of the insane culture war on anything they call "woke". No denouncement of the anti critical race theory vitriol. And no denouncement of the actual coup that came within a hair of being successful. Had any of this been the responsibility of the Taliban, we'd see will going apeshit. But nope, since it's his side that does it, he's all "hunter biden obama hilliary"

bUt bOTh sIDeS! Your side is getting people killed and arrested.

I feel sorry for the people who talk to you; they lost a lot of braincells.

I'm only posting this because krom kept telling me about this thread. Things were better when you were gone.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Krom wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:40 pm I'm astonished anyone could possibly think the Democrats could be even half that competent!
If they were competent no one would know about it. Just look at what you and ferno and Darth are doing in this thread!
You just have to be consistent. Like you three have been, behavior exactly as I described it.
faced with factual examples what the left has done you offer typical dogmatic, shameless, dodge tactics. Try to shout it down and your echo chamber cheers you on. So of course you are right, you get that affirmation from the cheerleaders you must be right or they wouldn’t cheer….right?

Hell, ferno must not have even bothered to read the thread considering what he was spouting! I must be living rent free in his head….still. And it is still a sad small empty room.

….but no, not particularly competent. It’s more that the republicans are that bad. Like who loses to Joe Biden?! Probably twice! Lol
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Have you ever heard the saying that "The perfect is the enemy of the good"?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:32 pm Have you ever heard the saying that "The perfect is the enemy of the good"?
Are you suggesting the left wing of US polical power is running anywhere near 80% perfect? Lol!

As an example of why I laugh at that notion I think our leaders are doing worse for us now than they were in the ‘90’s. Back then the government audited the welfare system and for every dollar of taxes collected for that program just under .25 cents was actually distributed or spent on a citizen receiving welfare. The rest was consumed by government itself.

So in my mind, if I’m understanding your point, you are fooling yourself. If we were anywhere near 80% efficiency I wouldn’t complain a bit. If the left was 20% short of perfect I’d be working for them.
Wait! No, I’d already be 15 years retired and independently wealthy living in a post-industrial production economy.
But I would have supported them for sure.

Let me know when they actually do anything good that wasn’t first tested to prove it is good for their own personal benefit. I won’t be holding my breath.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Will Robinson wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:13 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:32 pm Have you ever heard the saying that "The perfect is the enemy of the good"?
Are you suggesting the left wing of US polical power is running anywhere near 80% perfect? Lol!
I don't think any government or political party in the world is anywhere near 80% perfect. But it's certainly better than a party that is advocating for policies that are 100% terrible.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Darth Wang wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:25 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:13 pm
I don't think any government or political party in the world is anywhere near 80% perfect. But it's certainly better than a party that is advocating for policies that are 100% terrible.
Then why did you ask the question if that wasn’t the point you were making?

Are you running with the ‘lesser of two evils’ defense? That is exactly the kind of rational that both sides use to defend their malfeasance.

Or maybe just a ‘phone a friend moment’ at your local pub on trivia night and you had no relevant point to make?
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

I never mentioned anything about percentages in the first place, you were the one who brought that up.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Will Robinson you came back for this? I guess this place can be a form of entertainment but mostly it’s a bunch of lunatics that can’t really stop me from voting in a booth (unless you’re in Michigan where some cuckoo clocks think it’s real American-like to confiscate voting machines). And how comes you didn’t join my video game clan: {FWS}? We were some real bro-bro-bro-bro-bros.
Momma, I copy paste internet memes. I make politic, that is my skill set. I give myself a name, dress up like Gumby, don’t even carry a picket sign because that would require physical movement, and eventually die forgotten without even learning how to make model airplanes or hack job a piano part. I just talk nstuff
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

TheWhat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:50 pm
Will Robinson you came back for this? I guess this place can be a form of entertainment but mostly it’s a bunch of lunatics that can’t really stop me from voting in a booth (unless you’re in Michigan where some cuckoo clocks think it’s real American-like to confiscate voting machines). And how comes you didn’t join my video game clan: {FWS}? We were some real bro-bro-bro-bro-bros.
Momma, I copy paste internet memes. I make politic, that is my skill set. I give myself a name, dress up like Gumby, don’t even carry a picket sign because that would require physical movement, and eventually die forgotten without even learning how to make model airplanes or hack job a piano part. I just talk nstuff
Lol, no I really came back to see if there ever was a reboot of a Descent3 type game which I've done once or twice year but this time, because I was full of disgust after watching the latest 'news' on Trumps domination of the next election, I thought of weird ways he could lose but we would win. I figured the crew in here would be interesting if not interested in the discussion. I was half right.

But it has become way too familiar.

Your comments made me smile, and wonder if you are psychic too! Since I left among many other real life, touch grass kind of things I was doing was building and flying FPV quad copters and Ive kept up my hack pianist skills but still prefer being a hack guitarist.
I still like to call out dumb people for dumb things but now I get my fill of that riding road bike (think Trek not Harley) on my local streets. Plenty of real people who can't hide behind the computer monitor when the call you an ★■◆●...but they still do it!

Anyway, I'll stop poking them in the eye now, the future is as predictable as you illustrated. I hope you are still making music. For me riding a bicycle and banging out melody and rhythm are the best drug....and caffeine....got to have the coffee!

All the best to all of you! Good luck!
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

See ya, Will.