Where have all the feminists gone

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Where have all the feminists gone

Post by woodchip »

Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:43 am
Neo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:15 am
Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:34 am I, for the most part*, respect people's religious beliefs. But that respect ends when you try to use your religion as an excuse to bully others, and try to force them to follow your rules.

* Don't get me started on Scientology.
Define bullying and define "trying to force them." Proselytizing isn't "forcing people."
Telling them what they can and can't do.
Hahaha and blm/antifa didn't try and tell Oregon what to do with the Dems blessing?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I have no idea what it feels like to be "male" all I know is how it feels to be "me".
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:27 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:29 pm I'm going by what most people assume are the definitions of masculine and feminine. What's masculine and feminine tend to be uniformly defined in most human cultures all over the planet too. Sure, most people don't fit into rigid definitions of gender specificity in this day and age, but if you generalize, you'll find most men and most women tend to fall into gender specific masculine and feminine roles as they grow up. Same on the LGBTQ side of things. Lesbians typically are more masculine (but not all) and gay men tend to be more feminine (but again, not all), so no one ever fits into any gender specific roles like a lock and key. Also, in primitive tribal cultures, it was the males who hunted and killed as providers/protectors and it was the females who raised and tended the families. But again, there are always exceptions. However, I think that gender fluidity tends to make some people very insecure, which upsets them unfortunately. There are a lot of people, most of them very religious people, who demand more rigid gender role conformity between the sexes using a set of definitions straight from the 1950's about how each gender should behave. They want to live that way, fine. But don't tell me how to live my life.

And Isaac, I was born BEFORE the sexual revolution and remember those times, when men were patriarchal and ruled over women, had more masculine pursuits and were the breadwinners and fighters who fought all the wars as protectors. Women were pretty much relegated to the roles housewives, food gatherers and breeders that weren't supposed to work outside the home. The youth of today has no idea. So yeah, none of that makes my brain "male", other than I like male activities far more than female ones. It does tell me my brain was very masculinized from well before I was born. But the one thing that separates me from a lesbian is body dysphoria. My brain hates my body, period. I'd be far happier with my brain plunked into a nice ripped male body than the puny weak female one I was born with. :P
I guess you never heard of "Rosie the Riveter".
You do understand that it was WWII that brought about the sexual revolution of the 1960's, all because 6 million production jobs needed filling during wartime while the men went off to fight? After the war, women decided they LIKED working outside the home in more male defined jobs instead of being stuck in the home preggers and raising kids or working in more female oriented jobs such as secretaries and seamstresses. And to do that, they were willing to endure all the hardships of raising a family while working, plus lower pay for the same jobs and sexual harassment in spades just to stay in those jobs. Why? The taste of freedom and because it was a hell of a lot better than being trapped as a homemaker. Oh, and most men were unwilling to do the same in reverse, take care of the home and kids in place of the women BECAUSE OF SEXUAL STEREOTYPING. By the way, there are Ukrainian women out there alongside the men shooting Russians dead in war. Good for them. I'd rather do that then punch rivets all day.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:31 pm I have no idea what it feels like to be "male" all I know is how it feels to be "me".
Just imagine or even think about, what would you feel like if you were suddenly plunked down into a female body by some magical click of the fingers. Then imagine going out into the world, walking around and having to do the same things you did or enjoyed as a male.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:01 pm
woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:27 am
Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:29 pm I'm going by what most people assume are the definitions of masculine and feminine. What's masculine and feminine tend to be uniformly defined in most human cultures all over the planet too. Sure, most people don't fit into rigid definitions of gender specificity in this day and age, but if you generalize, you'll find most men and most women tend to fall into gender specific masculine and feminine roles as they grow up. Same on the LGBTQ side of things. Lesbians typically are more masculine (but not all) and gay men tend to be more feminine (but again, not all), so no one ever fits into any gender specific roles like a lock and key. Also, in primitive tribal cultures, it was the males who hunted and killed as providers/protectors and it was the females who raised and tended the families. But again, there are always exceptions. However, I think that gender fluidity tends to make some people very insecure, which upsets them unfortunately. There are a lot of people, most of them very religious people, who demand more rigid gender role conformity between the sexes using a set of definitions straight from the 1950's about how each gender should behave. They want to live that way, fine. But don't tell me how to live my life.

And Isaac, I was born BEFORE the sexual revolution and remember those times, when men were patriarchal and ruled over women, had more masculine pursuits and were the breadwinners and fighters who fought all the wars as protectors. Women were pretty much relegated to the roles housewives, food gatherers and breeders that weren't supposed to work outside the home. The youth of today has no idea. So yeah, none of that makes my brain "male", other than I like male activities far more than female ones. It does tell me my brain was very masculinized from well before I was born. But the one thing that separates me from a lesbian is body dysphoria. My brain hates my body, period. I'd be far happier with my brain plunked into a nice ripped male body than the puny weak female one I was born with. :P
I guess you never heard of "Rosie the Riveter".
You do understand that it was WWII that brought about the sexual revolution of the 1960's, all because 6 million production jobs needed filling during wartime while the men went off to fight? After the war, women decided they LIKED working outside the home in more male defined jobs instead of being stuck in the home preggers and raising kids or working in more female oriented jobs such as secretaries and seamstresses. And to do that, they were willing to endure all the hardships of raising a family while working, plus lower pay for the same jobs and sexual harassment in spades just to stay in those jobs. Why? The taste of freedom and because it was a hell of a lot better than being trapped as a homemaker. Oh, and most men were unwilling to do the same in reverse, take care of the home and kids in place of the women BECAUSE OF SEXUAL STEREOTYPING. By the way, there are Ukrainian women out there alongside the men shooting Russians dead in war. Good for them. I'd rather do that then punch rivets all day.
So those 6 million women all decided since they liked doing men's jobs, they all became trannies?
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:06 pm
Spidey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:31 pm I have no idea what it feels like to be "male" all I know is how it feels to be "me".
Just imagine or even think about, what would you feel like if you were suddenly plunked down into a female body by some magical click of the fingers. Then imagine going out into the world, walking around and having to do the same things you did or enjoyed as a male.
Yea but that doesn't happen.

What if you woke up one morning with tentacles?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Chicken. No imagination to even humor the thought.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:00 pm
Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:43 am
Neo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:15 am
Darth Wang wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:34 am I, for the most part*, respect people's religious beliefs. But that respect ends when you try to use your religion as an excuse to bully others, and try to force them to follow your rules.

* Don't get me started on Scientology.
Define bullying and define "trying to force them." Proselytizing isn't "forcing people."
Telling them what they can and can't do.
Hahaha and blm/antifa didn't try and tell Oregon what to do with the Dems blessing?
We were talking about the line between freedom of religious belief and using your religion as a tool of oppression. Your response is a complete non-sequitur.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Change that to telling people in the U.S. that they should all submit to Sharia Law to become Godly and you'll get a different answer. Proselytizing Christianity to non-believers who don't want to hear it is the equivalent. Jesus may have told them to do it, but not everyone wants to hear it and some would call it bullying when they persist, which they do. It's like a mental tick or mental illness.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:10 pm Change that to telling people in the U.S. that they should all submit to Sharia Law to become Godly and you'll get a different answer. Proselytizing Christianity to non-believers who don't want to hear it is the equivalent. Jesus may have told them to do it, but not everyone wants to hear it and some would call it bullying when they persist, which they do. It's like a mental tick or mental illness.
Jesus actually told them to stop it and leave them alone if people genuinely didn't want to hear it. Matthew 10:14.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:10 pm Change that to telling people in the U.S. that they should all submit to Sharia Law to become Godly and you'll get a different answer. Proselytizing Christianity to non-believers who don't want to hear it is the equivalent. Jesus may have told them to do it, but not everyone wants to hear it and some would call it bullying when they persist, which they do. It's like a mental tick or mental illness.
But we should submit to Gays and trannies religion of self and you are apostate if you do not think abortion is not a "right".

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:37 pm Chicken. No imagination to even humor the thought.
"Nobody calls me chicken."

Sure, I'll play the game.

If I woke up one morning with a female body, I admit I would not be able to function.

So, what does that prove?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You don't have to submit to gays or trannies. Stay in your own righteous corner and quit being bigots and telling us we're abominations. As for abortion, when conservatives start supporting poor and/or single mothers who can't afford to raise a child because their asswipe father couldn't be bothered to stick around and love or raise them, then I'll truly know they love all children equally, not just the ones in women's wombs. Otherwise STFU. because men are in this equation equally too.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:04 pm
Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:37 pm Chicken. No imagination to even humor the thought.
"Nobody calls me chicken."

Sure, I'll play the game.

If I woke up one morning with a female body, I admit I would not be able to function.

So, what does that prove?
Just that it gives you an idea of what I feel like when I wake up in mine everyday. Thank you.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No, it doesn't prove anything.

Your brain/mind should have developed many coping mechanisms during childhood and beyond, that is very different from throwing a switch.

You say you dislike many feminine traits...do you dislike women?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:32 pm No, it doesn't prove anything.

Your brain/mind should have developed many coping mechanisms during childhood and beyond, that is very different from throwing a switch.

You say you dislike many feminine traits...do you dislike women?
I don't dislike women. I dislike being one. As for coping, I seriously considered suicide when I was a teenager and got my first period. My mother had the gall to say; "Welcome to the club" when it happened and I wanted to strangle her. I wanted nothing to do with being a mother or raising children or having to deal with it once a month and she had no idea. Now that the cycle is gone, my body is slowly self-destructing without those hormones I so hated. I guess I'm becoming male as my adrenal glands and shriveled ovaries now produce testosterone. My hair is falling out and my bones are disintegrating. Medical science cannot help since I can't tolerate their poisonous bisphosphonate bone drugs.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

That's not forcing, that's proselytizing. That's a discussion and not a use of force. And as for bullying, Christians wouldn't tell anyone about hell if it weren't for love. They are trying to warn you but people see it as a threat to their fantasy world so they get mad, and also demons and the devil help dissuade them (without their awareness) and make them angry about religion so they won't know Christ.

It's fine to agree to disagree (actually fatal), but not to claim that unbelievers are being "forced." God gave me His Bible and it tells me what I can and can't do and I'm doing just fine! It's not like I'm restricted. Actually I feel like it's better because I don't have to worry about being killed by sin and singing praise music to Him makes me feel better. Sin is what restricts a man because he has to do whatever he's addicted to all the time. Christianity is life-changing and Christians are happier and Jesus gets them out of some really bad situations and brings them to a good place in their lives.
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

When you constantly repeat something over and over trying to sway a person to your belief system and they don't want to hear it or don't even believe in it, that's not love, it's repeated and attempted coercion. I'd like to strangle Jehovah's Witnesses who come knocking every year around the same time pushing their views. Same with the Mormons. Get the hell outta my face and quit gracing my door.

Then you have the extreme, where people are tortured and murdered if they don't see your way as righteous, like during the Inquisition during the Dark Ages for example. Some, if not quite a few, of the most heinous and painful torture devices invented by man were created during that specific time period, all so the "church" could cleanse heretics. Then you have the Salem Witch trails, where innocent women were burned to death, all because of Christian religious fears. You're all nutcases with delusions of grandeur.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

"Then you have the Salem Witch trails, where innocent women were burned to death"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/burne ... ch-trials/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Aww TC, it wasn't God that made those machines or burned woman, it was men. And it wasn't God that tossed Christians into the Coliseum to be eaten by animals, it was men. It was men who perverted a religion to affirm a certain practice to conform to someones desire. Don't want JW's on your property, put a sign up telling them they're not welcome. Being a Christian doesn't make you a nut job...what you (not the religion) do with it may.

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Neo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:09 pm That's not forcing, that's proselytizing. That's a discussion and not a use of force. And as for bullying, Christians wouldn't tell anyone about hell if it weren't for love. They are trying to warn you but people see it as a threat to their fantasy world so they get mad, and also demons and the devil help dissuade them (without their awareness) and make them angry about religion so they won't know Christ.

It's fine to agree to disagree (actually fatal), but not to claim that unbelievers are being "forced." God gave me His Bible and it tells me what I can and can't do and I'm doing just fine! It's not like I'm restricted. Actually I feel like it's better because I don't have to worry about being killed by sin and singing praise music to Him makes me feel better. Sin is what restricts a man because he has to do whatever he's addicted to all the time. Christianity is life-changing and Christians are happier and Jesus gets them out of some really bad situations and brings them to a good place in their lives.
You actually believe that Jesus helps people? WOW. People help people.

I for one do not believe in Religion. It's the root of all evil. I am a good person because of my actions and not because I believe in some messed up person living in the clouds that tells me if I don't follow these rules, I will burn in hell etc etc etc.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Some would say that most Christians these days seem angry and full of hate. I'm not sure it's actually the majority of them, though... just the loudest among them.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 am Aww TC, it wasn't God that made those machines or burned woman, it was men. And it wasn't God that tossed Christians into the Coliseum to be eaten by animals, it was men. It was men who perverted a religion to affirm a certain practice to conform to someones desire. Don't want JW's on your property, put a sign up telling them they're not welcome. Being a Christian doesn't make you a nut job...what you (not the religion) do with it may.
They did all that under the banner of a supposedly peace loving religion. If adherents are truly peaceful and want the word of Jesus spread to others, why inflict pain and death in His name? Like all human tribal groups before and after, doing what they did to people and all that sadism tells me that the institution of Christianity and their churches are all about power and control, not spreading the word of a loving prophet. In fact, adherents of Christ can't even agree on Jesus' teachings and have formed a myriad of sects and differing ideas, all to collect people that conform to their way of thinking. Evangelicals dislike Catholics and don't believe they are true Christians, even though they're more modern. Most older Christian churches believe Mormons are heretics. The Jews are unversally loathed by Christians and Muslims. See my point? Religion is just another toxic human tribe. The quest for power twisted even the most benign of ideas put forth by a man centuries ago who preached love and acceptancd above all else. Why all the added controlling bull★■◆●? So yeah, they're nut jobs that I want no part of because a lot of them seem to have been infected with hate. There's are reason for the saying: Jesus, save us from your followers.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spidey wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:55 am "Then you have the Salem Witch trails, where innocent women were burned to death"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/burne ... ch-trials/
Yeah, I effed up. I flunked history. But is hanging a woman any better? All because some religion put fear over love above all else and that religion believes that murdering someone solves the problem? The damned Bible has a whole list of offenses or reasons sprinkled throughout that justify putting people to death and Christians follow THAT instead of the teachings of Jesus. They're no more followers of Jesus than I am.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:57 am Yeah the real girls in women's sports know all about painful in their locker rooms
Turned ankles and blown knees?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm beginning to wonder if woody harbors fantasies of going into women's locker rooms for a quickie boner he mentions it so much.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Like Wang said, Jesus said not to keep talking about the gospel if the person isn’t interested.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You may follow that, but not all Christian sects feel the same way.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:39 am I'm beginning to wonder if woody harbors fantasies of going into women's locker rooms for a quickie boner he mentions it so much.
And you talk about boners so much I wonder if you fantasize about about something you can never have. Jealous?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:32 am
woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:57 am Yeah the real girls in women's sports know all about painful in their locker rooms
Turned ankles and blown knees?
Blinded by limp weenies and unsightly ball sacks?

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:22 am
woodchip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:01 am Aww TC, it wasn't God that made those machines or burned woman, it was men. And it wasn't God that tossed Christians into the Coliseum to be eaten by animals, it was men. It was men who perverted a religion to affirm a certain practice to conform to someones desire. Don't want JW's on your property, put a sign up telling them they're not welcome. Being a Christian doesn't make you a nut job...what you (not the religion) do with it may.
They did all that under the banner of a supposedly peace loving religion. If adherents are truly peaceful and want the word of Jesus spread to others, why inflict pain and death in His name? Like all human tribal groups before and after, doing what they did to people and all that sadism tells me that the institution of Christianity and their churches are all about power and control, not spreading the word of a loving prophet. In fact, adherents of Christ can't even agree on Jesus' teachings and have formed a myriad of sects and differing ideas, all to collect people that conform to their way of thinking. Evangelicals dislike Catholics and don't believe they are true Christians, even though they're more modern. Most older Christian churches believe Mormons are heretics. The Jews are unversally loathed by Christians and Muslims. See my point? Religion is just another toxic human tribe. The quest for power twisted even the most benign of ideas put forth by a man centuries ago who preached love and acceptancd above all else. Why all the added controlling bull★■◆●? So yeah, they're nut jobs that I want no part of because a lot of them seem to have been infected with hate. There's are reason for the saying: Jesus, save us from your followers.
Same banner that Mao, Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot used?

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:34 am Blinded by limp weenies and unsightly ball sacks?
It's a little weird how preoccupied you are with the genitals of trans women.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

And you have a fascination with autocrats and even want one elected as president to repress YOUR enemies contrary to democracy itself. As for comparing religion to autocrats, they obviously have the same goals, gain as much control over people as possible and keep that control through coercion, intimidation and perhaps even death. That's very contrary to the reason for their stated existence, to spread the word of a peaceful prophet. I'd say that they're just the same peas in a pod.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:12 am And you talk about boners so much I wonder if you fantasize about about something you can never have. Jealous?
You're ignorant about trans people, their desires and wants in life. You seem a little too focused on the sex act itself. You've got a dirty one track mind that needs cleaning up.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Tunnelcat wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:53 pm You may follow that, but not all Christian sects feel the same way.
Just don't get mad at Christians only because some of them don't know any better, because that's just making excuses.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

They'd say the exact same thing about you. I wouldn't have to say a word.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Since I'm in good standing with the Lord, they wouldn't say it for very long if they're truly Christians.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Uh huh.