Goodhue

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Goodhue

Post by woodchip »

Goodhue is what is wrong with America. Burger flippers needed to make 15.00 an hour yet a policeman only make 22.00. Who wants the responsibility of life and death for 22.00? Coupled with the facts Mayors and D.A.'s want to release criminals as soon as they are arrested, can you wonder why their moral is so low. If we are not a country of laws, what are we? Just look at the smash and grab looting taking place. See any convictions taking place? What happens when the stores, including food stores, move out and you have to travel 60 mile. What do you think the ghetto-bangers are going to do. Public transportation don't go that far. Maybe you could offer to give them a ride in your shiny new ev. I'd advise against as I used to drive a school bus for the city projects middle schooler's and I know what they can do. Have fun telling me how your utopia is working out.
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2023/08/1 ... esignation
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Goodhue

Post by Darth Wang »

For a second I thought the title of this thread was meant to be "goodbye" but you misspelled it.

And if you're so in favor of upholding the law, then stop trying to insist that a certain ex-president should be above it...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oh, so you think it's all the left's fault for people disrespecting the police and making their job difficult. Why don't you look in your own belligerent rotten corner.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/us/ronny ... index.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

wtf are you on about? The article is about a small town (pop. 1300) that can't/won't pay enough to attract officers away from bigger cities which can pay them more.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

I love how woody's posts always included thinly-veiled racism.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

It'd be easier if he just said the quiet part out loud.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I'm Latino and have never had a bad encounter with the police, but I'm always polite and do as instructed. On the other hand I've seen these videos where people have accidents and are killed by police, but they always start with someone not being polite and cooperative with police. If an officer is trying to detain you, why fight it? Why be rude?

Yes, I've been detained and they let me go after checking me out, disarming me. Then they they asked me to please get my permit if I'm going to conceal carry and gave me back my gun and let me go. No issues at all.

Heck. I once cut-off a police officer while I had a bag full of guns next to me. Again, after I was polite and admitted fault, they only cared about talking about a rare gun I had and passed it around to inspect. They put my gun back and let me go and asked me to drive more careful.

I see people being very rude to the police when it's not needed at all and I'm not surprised things sometimes go wrong. And why wrestle with the cops? If you fight the cops there's a good chance an accident can happen. Why argue with the cops? You're not in court and they're not a judge.

edit:

I'm not addressing the issue in Goodhue, but the topic woody was mostly talking about regarding police not being treated as valuable in America.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

According to Google maps it's an hour and 40 minutes away from me. I'm not sure if I've ever passed through it but Cannon Falls is close - Cannon Falls has Pachyderm studio compound that some cool 1990's albums were recorded at. As far asa those cops they did give fair notice so there will be coverage. But yeah who wants to get shot at for $20 bux an hour? And down that way there are only a few black people to suffocate with your knee so maybe they are looking for greener pastures and opportunity.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Vander wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:25 am wtf are you on about? The article is about a small town (pop. 1300) that can't/won't pay enough to attract officers away from bigger cities which can pay them more.
Yeah, it is almost like shitty rural communities full of shitty insular people with shitty job opportunities because they are exclusively run by shitty conservatives with shitty economic policies can't attract good people? :surprised pikachu face: Who would have thought!
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

I have a super cereal question for Woody and Neo. Do you two wake up every morning, look at the clown in the mirror, and say, "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, what stupid ★■◆● can I post today".
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Isaac wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:20 pm I'm Latino and have never had a bad encounter with the police, but I'm always polite and do as instructed. On the other hand I've seen these videos where people have accidents and are killed by police, but they always start with someone not being polite and cooperative with police. If an officer is trying to detain you, why fight it? Why be rude?

Yes, I've been detained and they let me go after checking me out, disarming me. Then they they asked me to please get my permit if I'm going to conceal carry and gave me back my gun and let me go. No issues at all.

Heck. I once cut-off a police officer while I had a bag full of guns next to me. Again, after I was polite and admitted fault, they only cared about talking about a rare gun I had and passed it around to inspect. They put my gun back and let me go and asked me to drive more careful.

I see people being very rude to the police when it's not needed at all and I'm not surprised things sometimes go wrong. And why wrestle with the cops? If you fight the cops there's a good chance an accident can happen. Why argue with the cops? You're not in court and they're not a judge.

edit:

I'm not addressing the issue in Goodhue, but the topic woody was mostly talking about regarding police not being treated as valuable in America.
Because the punishment for being rude is being shot to death, right?

Here's a tip. Cops aren't supposed to shoot people if they're rude.

★■◆●ing bootlicker.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:11 pm Because the punishment for being rude is being shot to death, right?
No. You're really stupid if you think that's what being polite means.
Ferno wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:11 pm
I forgot you can't read. That's not what I was saying.

★■◆●ing bootlicker.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Isaac wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:19 pm
Ferno wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:11 pm Because the punishment for being rude is being shot to death, right?
I forgot you can't read. That's not what I was saying.

★■◆●ing bootlicker.

In your previous post, you literally told us that since nothing bad happened to you that all interactions with the cops are fine. Not even remotely true. You then went straight to blaming the victims for being shot because they "were rude". You not only blamed the victim, you showed yourself as a bootlicker when you were fine with suspects being shot. Firing squads were outlawed because they were inhumane. And cops aren't supposed to do that. They're supposed to de-escalate.

Now, you pull a "NO U" dodge and you expect us to not notice it. Finally, you threw in a bit of gaslighting as garnish.

Boot. Licker.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

ACAB.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

And so are the people who defend bastard cops.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:25 pm In your previous post, you literally told us that since nothing bad happened to you that all interactions with the cops are fine.
No. I'm literally saying being polite is a better way to go than whatever alternative you're suggesting. Now I'm calling you dumb.
Ferno wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:25 pm
Now, you pull a "NO U" dodge and you expect us to not notice it. Finally, you threw in a bit of gaslighting as garnish.
Wrong and you're not smart enough to identify those things in a comment. You're just being corrected. Get over it.
Ferno wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:25 pm
Boot. Licker.
Seethe.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

You don't know enough about how the world works to even try and "correct" me.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:50 pm You don't know enough about how the world works to even try and "correct" me.
And yet it keeps happening.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Speaking of being stuck in the 1990’s check out the soul patch on that policeman. I wonder if he spreads monkey pox around when he’s not flaming people on the intanet?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

What does a soul patch have to do with small pox?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Isaac, was Breonna Taylor being rude?

Was George Floyd being rude?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:54 am Isaac, was Breonna Taylor being rude?

Was George Floyd being rude?
I haven't seen the Breonna Taylor cam footage. We'll never know if Gorge Floyd would alive today if he was cooperating with officers, but I think the cops would have treated him better. edit: Do you want that footage?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Breonna Taylor was hit by a stray bullet, all because her sleeping boyfriend thought the police were intruders (it was a no knock raid, on the wrong address as well) and grabbed his gun and fired. He wasn't hit, but a cop was, and the cops panicked as they fired their guns at the threat and hit Breonna in another room. Another stray bullet went into a neighbor's house. If someone bashed in my door in the middle of the night while I was sleeping, I'd grab my gun and be too damn groggy to realize who it was first before I pulled out my gun and perhaps fired on them. Woody should know full well this is our reality with gun ownership and the right to self protection. Why? Because no one, not even cops, should be bashing in my door in the middle of the night, period, and I'm going to protect myself from any perceived threat. If the police are going to perform a no knock raid, they'd better be damned sure of the address.

As a woman, if I was driving on a lonely road at night and a cop pulled up behind me with lights flashing, I wouldn't immediately stop. I go to a well lighted place with other people around. But I can guarantee you that cop would get pissed off at me for doing that, all because I didn't follow orders. But there have been too many cases of cops raping lone female drivers in the dead of night and it's my right to exercise caution.

Isaac, I agree being polite and obeying orders is the best response to the police. That's usually how my interactions with them go. But there are cases where the police are human, make mistakes, have delusions of power and end up causing the loss of life because they were too quick and shot or choked someone first. No one should be killed because they passed a fake twenty and freaked out at being arrested or ran from a traffic offense. I can also see the cop's point of view, that the job is dangerous as hell and they are very likely to lose their life just doing their job. Better training and the weeding out of hot shots and ego cases is the only way to have a police force that can properly deal with potentially dangerous and deadly situations.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Any individual who can't handle someone being rude to them has no business whatsoever holding a position of authority. Full stop.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:44 pm Isaac, I agree being polite and obeying orders is the best response to the police. That's usually how my interactions with them go. But there are cases where the police are human, make mistakes, have delusions of power and end up causing the loss of life because they were too quick and shot or choked someone first. No one should be killed because they passed a fake twenty and freaked out at being arrested or ran from a traffic offense. I can also see the cop's point of view, that the job is dangerous as hell and they are very likely to lose their life just doing their job. Better training and the weeding out of hot shots and ego cases is the only way to have a police force that can properly deal with potentially dangerous and deadly situations.
Exactly and after watching many fatal police encounters, ethnicity doesn't seem to be the issue as much as being uncooperative. Ferno is saying you should get to be uncooperative and rude, but I'm saying that's gambling your life.
Top Gun wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:18 pm Any individual who can't handle someone being rude to them has no business whatsoever holding a position of authority. Full stop.
Unfortunately, I think we are living in a world where being friendly saves your life.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Is rude being used as a euphemism for belligerent here?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Spidey wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:07 pm Is rude being used as a euphemism for belligerent here?
I think it falls in the spectrum of what could be considered rude.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Rude is being discourtious or insulting. The "Karen" meme is a good example. Belligerent is being openly hostile and aggressive, willing to fight or settle a score. Both can be applied to people's interactions with police.

As for ethnicity or race being a factor, a report found that the Minneapolis Police Dept willfully engaged for years in racist profiling against people of color. The Floyd incident was the icing on the cake. I don't care what people say about being belligerent. No American citizen deserves the punishment of death while resisting arrest for passing a fake $20 bill. A cop's knee pressing on someone's carotid artery is not restraint, it's willfull murder. Maybe in woody's vision of fascist land America, that's the ideal.

And woody, most police departments and state/county jails are cash strapped right now. That's why people are being released. You figure out a way to suck more money from local taxpayers and you'd fix the problem of police pay and no jail space. But no, you come here and ★■◆● about the situation and offer no solutions. I'm willing to bet you've voted down a few tax levys in your day too. Locally, people in my town voted down a new jail, twice. Why? Because they wanted to build a classy Taj Mahal mental rehab center that offenders would WANT to be encarcerated in. Jail is supposed to be unpleasant punishment, not a nice vacation spot in-between crimes. Mental health needs to be a separate item with separate funding.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/pos ... lis-police
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:54 pm Rude is being discourtious or insulting. The "Karen" meme is a good example. Belligerent is being openly hostile and aggressive, willing to fight or settle a score. Both can be applied to people's interactions with police.

As for ethnicity or race being a factor, a report found that the Minneapolis Police Dept willfully engaged for years in racist profiling against people of color. The Floyd incident was the icing on the cake. I don't care what people say about being belligerent. No American citizen deserves the punishment of death while resisting arrest for passing a fake $20 bill. A cop's knee pressing on someone's carotid artery is not restraint, it's willfull murder. Maybe in woody's vision of fascist land America, that's the ideal.

And woody, most police departments and state/county jails are cash strapped right now. That's why people are being released. You figure out a way to suck more money from local taxpayers and you'd fix the problem of police pay and no jail space. But no, you come here and ★■◆● about the situation and offer no solutions. I'm willing to bet you've voted down a few tax levys in your day too. Locally, people in my town voted down a new jail, twice. Why? Because they wanted to build a classy Taj Mahal mental rehab center that offenders would WANT to be encarcerated in. Jail is supposed to be unpleasant punishment, not a nice vacation spot in-between crimes. Mental health needs to be a separate item with separate funding.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/pos ... lis-police
And Why are the cash strapped? Couldn't be anything to do with the Libs thinking it would be cool to defund the police to impress the ignorant masses in their district so they could get voted in. It's your liberal mindset types that want to build Taj Mahals
instead of jails to hold criminals so the they don't have to be turned loose. Won't even get into cashless bail and what that does.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And if Ferno thinks getting into a cops face is a smart tactic, Maybe the Canadian Mounties are a bunch of pussie's.

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote:Won't even get into cashless bail and what that does.
Why not? You grace us with every other half baked thought that appears in your head. Why should the amount of money someone has dictate whether or not they should sit in jail?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:55 pm And Why are the cash strapped? Couldn't be anything to do with the Libs thinking it would be cool to defund the police to impress the ignorant masses in their district so they could get voted in. It's your liberal mindset types that want to build Taj Mahals
instead of jails to hold criminals so the they don't have to be turned loose. Won't even get into cashless bail and what that does.
I was one of the voters that voted it down. It had nothing to do with defund the police and everything to do with my property tax bill. Until they come up with a decent plan for a large sized jail that doesn't have a bloated plan and mega levy to pay for it, I will continue to vote it down. And you sit here and ★■◆● about all the crime. Well, a lot of it's committed by mentally ill people or substance abusers who are homeless. Stuffing them into jails doesn't help them at all, unless they want warm housing and a meal. And guess who cut funding for state mental health and threw it all on the cash-strapped counties in the state of Oregon over the last 5 decades? Republican legislators.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

"Defund the police" never amounted to anything concrete, and if woody would pull his head out of his ass for ten seconds he'd be well aware of that.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:58 pm And if Ferno thinks getting into a cops face is a smart tactic,
Where's the rest of this sentence?
Maybe the Canadian Mounties are a bunch of pussie's.
Difference between your cops and our cops is ours aren't a bunch of trigger-happy racists. So of course you'd hate them.

By the way, it's spelt 'pussies'. If you're going to insult someone, at least spell it properly.
We'll never know if Gorge Floyd would alive today if he was cooperating with officers, but I think the cops would have treated him better.
Well, look at this, we got our holier-than-thou resident prick blaming the victim. What's next, you're going to tell us women deserved to be raped because of what they're wearing?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Ferno wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:25 pm
woodchip wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:58 pm And if Ferno thinks getting into a cops face is a smart tactic,
Where's the rest of this sentence?
Maybe the Canadian Mounties are a bunch of pussie's.
Is this the new level of stupid, or do Neo and I still hold the title?

Ferno wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:25 pm
We'll never know if Gorge Floyd would alive today if he was cooperating with officers, but I think the cops would have treated him better.
Well, look at this, we got our holier-than-thou resident prick blaming the victim. What's next, you're going to tell us women deserved to be raped because of what they're wearing?
No. I'm literally saying being polite is a better way to go than whatever alternative you're suggesting. Consider yourself corrected again...
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yes the cops screwed up when they restrained Floyd but here's a list of drugs found in Floyd's system:

Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
Various types of THC: 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL; Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
Cotinine positive
Caffeine positive
Wonder if he would have survived if he wasn't a drug addict.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:16 pm
woodchip wrote:Won't even get into cashless bail and what that does.
Why not? You grace us with every other half baked thought that appears in your head. Why should the amount of money someone has dictate whether or not they should sit in jail?
Well if you can get beyond the name calling (so beneath you) you'd understand that the mobs trashing and looting stores are a direct result of cashless bail. You see a soft touch to someone who can't make bail, the looters see a get out of jail free card. How many stores will have to close up and move out before you realize that your idea is half baked? There's an old saying that fits, "Can't do the time, don't do the crime"

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:08 am Yes the cops screwed up when they restrained Floyd but here's a list of drugs found in Floyd's system:

Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
Various types of THC: 11-Hydroxy Delta-9 THC 1.2 ng/mL; Delta-9 Carboxy THC 42 ng/mL; Delta-9 THC 2.9 ng/mL
Cotinine positive
Caffeine positive
Being a drug addict still isn't a crime that has a death sentence. Purposefully restraining a person by cutting off the blood to their brain until they die is murder no matter how you parse it. Maybe if that one cop had remembered that being an executioner is not part of his job description unless absolutely necessary to protect others, we wouldn't have had all those protests in the first place.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

woodchip wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:19 am Well if you can get beyond the name calling (so beneath you) you'd understand that the mobs trashing and looting stores are a direct result of cashless bail. You see a soft touch to someone who can't make bail, the looters see a get out of jail free card. How many stores will have to close up and move out before you realize that your idea is half baked? There's an old saying that fits, "Can't do the time, don't do the crime"
I haven't called you any names.

The rest of what you've said is silly nonsense. You do understand what bail is, yes? There's another old saying, "innocent until proven guilty."
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

woodchip wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:08 am Yes the cops screwed up when they restrained Floyd but here's a list of drugs found in Floyd's system:

Fentanyl 11 ng/mL
Norfentanyl 5.6 ng/mL
4-ANPP 0.65 ng/mL
Methamphetamine 19 ng/mL
Cotinine positive
Caffeine positive
That old weak power point slide? The footage is like 8 minutes and 40 seconds of a cop pinning someone on the asphalt with his knee. Why people try to search for something other than brutality is beyond me. That was a murder.