Business demographics (survey)

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Business demographics (survey)

Post by TheWhat »

I've been using a Kensington SlimBlade Trackball for a few years. I switched from a mouse because I go into meditation mode whilst working on noises and I was leaning on my right wrist, painful, bad habit. The trackball has done wonders. Kensington sent an auto survey thingy and I always fill these things out because sometimes good things happen. Last year I got 2 NFR licenses for really nice (and expensive) audio software with the initial contact beginning with a survey - so I do them. It's demographic data they are collecting so they can refine their target audience. I have a question though.

Do you think wether or not I shuve zucchini up my crack is a determining factor in my use of a trackball? Wouldn't the work I do be more of a factor? Music, graphics, video type of ★■◆●? Are people who play music and use trackballs more likely to shuve vegetables up their cracks?
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re: Business demographics (survey)

Post by Vander »

But what if they introduced a trackball with an extra button to easily switch between internet bulletin board logins?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What if they gave you a trackball with an extra button that turned on that butt vibrator they previously sent you because you marked "Genderqueer or non-binary" on some other survey? I like the rest of your answers too by the way. :lol:

Kidding aside, I find these kind of questions for products that have no relation or importance to whatsoever your gender identity is just plain weird and invasive. I mean, why? And when did the moniker genderqueer come to encompass the whole LGBTQ spectrum? Talk about lumping us all together under one roof. Kind of insulting frankly. I usually mark "Prefer not to answer" just about all the time for the sole purpose of messing with their statistics if I get a survey that has NOTHING to do with my personal orientation.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

I'm not like outraged, I'm just confused by it. This data that they seek IS very useful, if it has a use. I've worked for a company who had (incredibly) detailed maps (down to the cul de sac) of every major metropolitan area of the US and Canada. Not like social security numbers or racial makeup or sexual orientation but; housing values, car ownership, tax rates, public school ranking, available stores/restaurants/golf courses. Wanna know why? Because they ain't goin over Norf Minneapolis to cold call Private Equity clients that need $500,000 to even open an account - that information IS vital - and IF sexual orientation mattered in relation to how much money someone has they would exploit that data. Does it though?

Jokes aside, by asking if I consider myself a queerbenderwhateverofthemonthclub do they see dollar signs? That's going to be the motivation, right? I mean it's a trackball which I would think is more task related than anything else.

(and also I like to type "shuving zucchini" wherever possible)
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

It's just market research. They'd need to know the answers before they'd know what's useful. Also, it's not just a trackball.

https://www.accobrands.com/brands/
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Oh my. One of the reasons I bought Kensington was because I thought it was a small family owned business whose parts were all made by hand and assembled in Youngstown Ohio by ghud Hard American Whurkers. What a disappointment.

NSFW