X: the Cliffs notes version :)

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

X: the Cliffs notes version :)

Post by Neo »

I'm looking for short answers about why people are mad about Elon Musk? Also, where did he come from? Seems like all of a sudden there was this guy who people kept talking about. :mrgreen:
Zero, Behemoth, FOIL, Terminal, Neo. The greatest pilots in the universe. :P
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: X: the Cliffs notes version :)

Post by Darth Wang »

Well for one thing he bought Twitter because he claimed it was censoring too many people and he wanted to promote free speech, then he went and banned everyone who disagreed with him about anything or said anything he didn't like.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I think his slope really started slipping in 2019, when the first big crazy thing that Elon did was call a regular person a pedo for absolutely no reason via Twitter. The man he insulted even replied back that he expected better of Elon.

The story was, some kids were trapped in a cave. Elon announced his hole digging company was going to rescue the kids. However an ex-military guy got in the gave and got the kids out, taking Elon out of the spotlight. This caused Elon to refer to the hero as a pedophile.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/elon-musk- ... escue-idea

2018 Elon seems very different than 2020 Elon.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Random, unjustified accusations of pedophilia seem to be in vogue for conservatives these days.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

And it kind of was heart breaking for many people. I've heard podcasts where people talk about their reaction to this and were just sickened by that statement, making Elon this hero turned villain.

Personally, I think Twitter, or X, is a circus and I think everything happening in its meta, no matter how terrible, is hilarious.

Also, there's a whole other topic here where Reddit and Twitter were better in 2009-2015. In 2023, many social media platforms have either disappeared or have become these bloated unusable versions of their former selves. That being said, I'm glad the dbb is still here. It serves as a safe haven from the bloatware, greed-fueled, spam machines that these massive social media platforms have become in their final forms.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Social media has become toxic and so littered with fakeness that it's making society more stupid.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

CDN_Merlin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:52 am Social media has become toxic and so littered with fakeness that it's making society more stupid.
I can handle the toxicity. The DBB gets pretty toxic too sometimes. But that's how the internet should be: people arguing about stuff.

What bothers me is the shilling and the spam and the hustling is all over social media. When the platform isn't putting ads in your face, the users are pedaling their products/scams.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Good Gawd, the whole Musk family is a giant bowl of Fruit Loops with a couple sides of egotism, family violence and excess libido on their family plate. His life story is a veritable Peyton Place of trash.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/04 ... -musk.html

https://nypost.com/2022/07/14/who-is-er ... elons-dad/

Then you've got White Privilege, Apartheid and a "rumored" Apartheid Emerald Slave Mine mixed into his family history. :roll:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/worl ... frica.html

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/11/17/ ... rald-mine/
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Musk fell from grace when he made the terrible mistake of making public his political leanings.

Before announcement:

Space-X...

We are going to Mars...yea!
After announcement:
Crappy Musk rocket explodes during launch and rains down debris on poor innocent small town.

Tesla:

Tesla EVs are going to save the planet.
After announcement:
Crappy Tesla's are killing people.

Twitter:

Awesome place to gather.
After announcement:
Twitter hell hole of hate speech.

General Media:

No sign of obvious nutbaggieness.
After announcement:
Well, what can I say...
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Spidey wrote:Musk fell from grace when he made the terrible mistake of making public his political leanings.
It's usually better to not let everyone know you're a jerk-off.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

But it does such a wonderful job exposing hypocrisy.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Maybe, maybe not. New information can certainly cause a reassessment of previously held beliefs, but Musk unmasking himself as a chud isn't the only thing that has happened across the relevant time span here. We also learned that he's a pretty big bullsh!tter, which to be fair has a symbiotic relationship with being a chud.

"We're going to end up with complete autonomy, and I think we will have complete autonomy in approximately two years" - Musk on "Full Self Driving" in 2015. I'm not sure there's much hypocrisy between believing that transitioning away from fossil fuels is incredibly important at a time when Tesla's were mostly the only game in town and thinking that allowing overhyped beta software to control 2 ton cars hurtling down public roads is a bad idea. Seems like two completely separate things to me.
Company founder and CEO Elon Musk said on Tuesday (Dec. 1 2020) that he's "highly confident" SpaceX will launch people toward the Red Planet in 2026, adding that the milestone could come as early as 2024 "if we get lucky."
Wow, next year if we get lucky.

Remember the Hyperloop?
Musk admitted to his biographer Ashlee Vance that Hyperloop was all about trying to get legislators to cancel plans for high-speed rail in California—even though he had no plans to build it.
As for Twitter, it's just more bullsh!tting. His offer to buy it was a 420 joke gone wrong, but he signed a contract, tried to get out of it, and had to be forced to into it. Not that losing 30 Billion, or whatever his share of the cost was, would have *any* meaningful impact on his daily life. But he took control of a relatively important hub of communication and has proceeded to undermine it. That seems to be his purpose rather than turning a profit.

Has Musk fallen out of favor only because people have recently learned he has sh!tty politics? I'd say it's more that time has passed and patterns have developed. His sh!tty politics go hand in hand with his bullsh!tting, and over time more and more people notice.

I still think the rockets landing is pretty neat, though.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Welp, Musk is stepping in it again. I guess once an asswipe, always an asswipe.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... -tweet-adl

Maybe someone can explain to me his anger. He claims he's defending the white race because we're victims of Jewish hate. Don't we deserve it after all the years of crap us whites have heaped upon other races and religions through war, slavery and colonialism over the centuries? He of all people, being born in South Africa, should understand the misery that European Dutch colonial whites inflicted upon native Blacks during Apartheid in his own birth country.

Then you've got the Germans, who were lilly white and murdered millions of Jews all because of that white superiority complex our race seems to harbor. I guess I'm not race tribal and don't under stand Musk's reasoning that he's making these antisemitic comments because he's mad, poor baby, and is defending the white race against some sort of Jewish hate cabal. Aren't most Jews actually white that live in the U.S. anyway? I wouldn't know someone's a Jew if they passed me on the street, unless they wore the traditional Jewish outfit.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Considering Musk's family history this should shock absolutely no one. What an irredeemable ★■◆●.
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Darth Wang »

Wait, I thought it was supposed to be the left-wing who were antisemitic, according to the latest right-wing narrative...

I guess saying 'Jews are evil and are conspiring against white people' is just fine and dandy, but saying 'I don't approve of the way the Israeli government is acting in regards to the Palestine situation' makes you literally Hitler. :roll:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Vander wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:54 am

Remember the Hyperloop?
The underground tunnel that's barely a car width wide that becomes a deathtrap if a car catches fire that Musk thought was a good idea? Yeah, I remember that. And of course he would propose it in an area that was about to get good train transit service... so he could SELL MORE TESLAS.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Musk's Hyperloop reminds me of the Simpson's monorail episode.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

You're all mad at the rich toxic white guy because you are all mundane mediocre employee types. Hate talking is just another sign of jealousy. Let me know when you start a business and hire 10 or more people.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:08 pm...mad at the rich toxic white guy...
Class traitors like you I'll never understand. Out of the three adjectives you listed, the one I'm mad about is "toxic" and nothing else, though it would be nice if there were more philanthropy in the world.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:08 pm You're all mad at the rich toxic white guy because you are all mundane mediocre employee types. Hate talking is just another sign of jealousy. Let me know when you start a business and hire 10 or more people.
Well to be fair, Hitler created more jobs than Musk has. So there needs to be a better benchmark lol
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Elon Musk is a policy failure.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I wouldn't be surprised to discover he isn't even genuinely antisemetic. Just an opportunist needing to swell his platforms user base..get the numbers up to stop the bleeding.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Will Robinson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:15 pm I wouldn't be surprised to discover he isn't even genuinely antisemetic. Just an opportunist needing to swell his platforms user base..get the numbers up to stop the bleeding.
I see no reason to try to come up with weird 4D chess master plans that require hanging out in the replies of Neo-Nazis. He doesn't need the money, he probably just enjoys it.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Vander wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:43 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:15 pm I wouldn't be surprised to discover he isn't even genuinely antisemetic. Just an opportunist needing to swell his platforms user base..get the numbers up to stop the bleeding.
I see no reason to try to come up with weird 4D chess master plans that require hanging out in the replies of Neo-Nazis. He doesn't need the money, he probably just enjoys it.
From a current wealth standpoint of course he doesn't need the money. But his ego needs him to not be the guy that lost billions on being bad at Twitter...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

He may or may not be antisemitic, but one thing is for sure, he loves conspiracy theories and HATES George Soros. His new mouthpiece "X" is right up his isle. He tends to be very far to the right politically and peddles in those conspiracy theories as if they're hard facts. Since George Soros is Jewish and a leftie, that combination is probably the reason for his current anti-Israel rants within his twisted conspiracy loving mind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/674072/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Will Robinson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:16 pm
woodchip wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:08 pm You're all mad at the rich toxic white guy because you are all mundane mediocre employee types. Hate talking is just another sign of jealousy. Let me know when you start a business and hire 10 or more people.
Well to be fair, Hitler created more jobs than Musk has. So there needs to be a better benchmark lol
I'm curious, what jobs did Hitler create? He was a small time thug, wrote
Mein Kampf and used Jew hatred to propel him forward in politics.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Will Robinson wrote:But his ego needs him to not be the guy that lost billions on being bad at Twitter...
I'd bet the gratification he feels being able to smite his perceived enemies is worth more to him. I'd say it's priceless, but apparently it's $44 Billion.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:41 pm
Will Robinson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:16 pm
I'm curious, what jobs did Hitler create? He was a small time thug, wrote
Mein Kampf and used Jew hatred to propel him forward in politics.
My, how you've forgotten history. That's why you want to relive it.

https://www.facinghistory.org/resource- ... attle-work
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Let me do a vision: I read the first paragraph and stopped...
"According to historian Richard Evans, “Hitler’s government was lucky in its timing,” because a variety of economic programs begun under previous chancellors were finally starting to put more Germans back to work by the time of Hitler’s appointment.
In addition, the Nazis manipulated the official statistics about unemployment in order to convince the public of their progress.
Too bad you don't understand history and thus doomed to repeat it.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

As Hitler gained more and more power, most of the jobs he created were to do one thing, build up his giant war machine, in other words, military spending. Most of it was deficit spending too, borrowing against the future spoils of war. It may have helped his economy, but it didn't help Europe or the world as he stormed across it in a rampage of death and destruction while using all that new war hardware, did it?

Meanwhile, Heir Trump boasted about his economy, but the facts tell a different story.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:45 am As Hitler gained more and more power, most of the jobs he created were to do one thing, build up his giant war machine, in other words, military spending. Most of it was deficit spending too, borrowing against the future spoils of war. It may have helped his economy, but it didn't help Europe or the world as he stormed across it in a rampage of death and destruction while using all that new war hardware, did it?

Meanwhile, Heir Trump boasted about his economy, but the facts tell a different story.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/
Hitler didn't create any jobs...he gave tax dollars to existing businesses or their subsidiaries to increase production...and they created jobs.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

What? You ignoring the fact that most of those production jobs fed by taxpayer dollars were to build up his war death machine? A machine that went on to kill, torture and subjugate millions of people and to steal and destroy billions of other people's homes, property and land for Germany's use? A machine whose workers had to be replaced with captured slaves as Hitler's armed forces began to take all the previously able paid German workers? That's not and economy anyone wants, no matter how much you sugar coat it.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Hitler created a lot of jobs...

Just look at all the labor that was needed to rebuild Europe or the factory jobs created here as the US became the workshop of the world.

And that is just a sample.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

There's that. But it was a poor tradeoff. Millions died or were displaced to create jobs and wealth later on.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:42 am What? You ignoring the fact that most of those production jobs fed by taxpayer dollars were to build up his war death machine? A machine that went on to kill, torture and subjugate millions of people and to steal and destroy billions of other people's homes, property and land for Germany's use? A machine whose workers had to be replaced with captured slaves as Hitler's armed forces began to take all the previously able paid German workers? That's not and economy anyone wants, no matter how much you sugar coat it.
No but you want to slant your reply.

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm not slanting anything. Hitler was deranged and evil. He used his country's economy and production to build up his military all to invade his neighbors, taking everyone else's property and lives for his own desires and enrichment. That's not an economy worth squat because it's nothing but planned theft for HIS country's gain. Are you a Hitler apologist?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Tunnelcat wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 am I'm not slanting anything. Hitler was deranged and evil. He used his country's economy and production to build up his military all to invade his neighbors, taking everyone else's property and lives for his own desires and enrichment. That's not an economy worth squat because it's nothing but planned theft for HIS country's gain. Are you a Hitler apologist?
I guess you missed my Hitler didn't create any jobs reply. How does that make me a apologist?

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

But he did create jobs. At first in Germany to build up his economy and war machine and then for everyone else who had to rebuild the rest of the world after he trashed it.