Revelations

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Revelations

Post by woodchip »

I don't know how best to present the following. Either the Bush Admin. knows something or all the idiocy surrounding presidential campaigns is going to have to be radically reformed. When the financial sector alarm warnings were raised it seems they revolved around one Noor Khan that I first posted about here:

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2982

Turns out Khan was a double agent working to sucker fellow A.Q. into exposing their plans via the internet.
Why he (Khan) was exposed is beyond me. Was there too much pressure from the dems and their allies in the news for info as to why the threat level was raised specifically for the financial districts? Did Deans shrillness over the timing of the threat alert coinciding with the DNC convention force the revelation of the capture of Khan? Or was the NYT's given information and told not to mention Khans name and like a child, could not keep the information quiet? All I know is a source for on-going AQ information has been blown. Another theory (mine) may be we have other similar double agents of even more value and by naming Khan makes AQ feel more secure knowing a spy has been eliminated. I dunno, I can start imagining all sorts of smokey mirror scenarios but for now we will have to see how this one is played out:

"The New York Times reporters Douglas Jehl and David Rohde wrote in the article published Monday, â??The unannounced capture of a figure from Al Qaeda in Pakistan several weeks ago led the Central Intelligence Agency to the rich lode of information that prompted the terror alert on Sunday, according to senior American officials. The figure, Muhammad Naeem Noor Khan, was described by a Pakistani intelligence official as a 25-year-old computer engineer, arrested July 13, who had used and helped to operate a secret Al Qaeda communications system where information was transferred via coded messages.â?
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Now, assuming this is true, someone in the higher-ups of the Bush Administration needs to be fired.

Then again, all humans are created from feces according to Bush, so *shrug*
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

He never said that, do some research Vader :P
Arol
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Arol »

Recently there was a BBC op-ed piece on this episode.
In it an intelligence anlyst commented that situations like this is going to be quite commonplace as the War on Terror continues. He refered to the turfwars that were part and parcel in the intelligence community before 9/11. Then it was mainly national agencies fighting for appropiations and position.
Nowadays in the post 9/11 world, it's a dogs breakfast of multinational governments and agencies; all with their own agendas, fighting for the limelight, with leaks unavoidable.