Democrats find an opponent they can beat....

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Democrats find an opponent they can beat....

Post by Will Robinson »

I often see the attitudes of Anyone-but-Bush-Democrats as tantrum like...like spoiled children.
Well it seems some of them have found their level.
linkage
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

wow, that's low... way lower than even the protestwarrior videos.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Lame. I've seen it done all the way down to elementary school student council, so nothing new here ;)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Democrats at their bestâ?¦look the kid next to them has a fist ready and the woman behind them is prolly yelling obscenitiesâ?¦And the dork next to them seems to be enjoying the entire thing.

Way to goâ?¦
index_html
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by index_html »

The swastika inscriber must have been running late that day.
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Poor kid. :(
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Yeah, having that NeoRepublican Dogma shoved down her throat is borderline child abuse.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Avder wrote:Yeah, having that NeoRepublican Dogma shoved down her throat is borderline child abuse.
Yea, thank god liberalism that someone was there to bitchslap her with the New Democrat Behavior Code :roll:
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Word, will.
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

there is no creator... i thought you "rational" people figured that out.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

It's all the liberal's fault huh. Just like how the conservatives have done no wrong. It has nothing to do with what party you're affiliated with, but everything to do with human nature.

sheesh.

oh and before someone even tries it, i'm no Liberal lover or supporter. Those guys irk me just as much.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Kinda reminds me of the Paul Wellstone funeral.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Ferno my mention of liberal was pointed only at Avders ridiculous post about the child suffering more from her parents republican ideology than some democrat thug mugging her for her sign.
Context is everything.
BlueFlames
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BlueFlames »

Context is everything... You don't give your daughter a sign supporting a politician when taking her to an appearance by the opposing candidate. Nothing positive or constructive will ever come of it from either party's supporters.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

That's great, blame the victim, she asked for it huh?. Her father asked for it?

Look at the guy on the left still holding a piece of the sign:

He's a member of the painters union, the union is a member of the democrat 'family'.
Good to see the democrats come to the defense of family values. :roll:

If someone finds that thugs address I'll pay for it, west virginia isn't too far to go for a workout....
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Thats terrible.

But it exemplifies the typical behavior of a few people living in an imaginational, ignorant world. Not to mention setting aside all kinds of decency.

Anyone who attacks a little girl like that should get slugged. Wish I was there in her defense.
Vander
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Vander »

Ha ha. Screw her. The dude should have kicked her, too.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Vander wrote:Ha ha. Screw her. The dude should have kicked her, too.
Spoken like the true angst ridden liberal you are :wink: J/K
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Will Robinson wrote:
If someone finds that thugs address I'll pay for it, west virginia isn't too far to go for a workout....
This might be a start:
http://tinyurl.com/3zvp7

Tried sending this guy a email but his email addy didn't connect:

DANNY POLING
International Union of Painters
& Allied Trades

piu1144jatc@wirefire.com

Saw the AP pic with one of your heroic members traumentising a helpless little girl at a political rally. Members like that proudly wearing their union emblem do nothing to frame your organisation in a positive light. Having been in the carpenters union for a good number of years I can't think of one carpenter doing what your member did. I'm sure you don't approve and if you'd be so kind as to provide his name I'd appreciate it.
BlueFlames
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BlueFlames »

That's great, blame the victim, she asked for it huh?. Her father asked for it?
A good chunk of blame lies on the father, yeah. I don't know too many three-year old children with the political knowledge or motivation to want to go any sort of presidential campaign stop. The guy who tore the sign is certainly a deuchebag, but you're going to find them in every crowd.

Would your tune be different if this girl was holding a Kerry-Edwards sign at a Cheney campaign stop? Mine wouldn't be. The parent would still be irresponsible, and the guy who did the tearing would still be a dick. I wouldn't come out and imply that picking on children had become a policy of the Republican party and/or the majority of their supporters.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I agree with BlueFlames. It's a stupid idea to bring a 3-year-old to a political party while carrying a sign for the opposing party. That being said, though, it is pretty despicable. I'd feel the same way if the situation was reversed, too. Some of these more politicized types need to snap out of it and realize exactly what they're doing.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I've got a 6 and 10 year old daughter.
I know they love to go with me to do almost anything, and always want to take part in it no matter what it is, whether it's take out the trash or buy an ice cream cone.

I also know it's not normal for someone to destroy my personal property or basically mug my daughter to get her/my sign.
If you want to rationalize such behavior as something I should expect to happen....as if I should refrain from political speech in the presence of those who have an opposing view because it might instigate them to get violent...
well you have a lot to learn about the law, civility and democracy!

He should have expected to hear an opposing view, he shouldn't have to fear his children would be assaulted by a thug.

My daughter shouldn't have to expect a jury to let her rapist off because he was titalated by her mini-skirt and she shouldn't have to be afraid of expressing her opinion in public because some citizens can't control themselves when their viewpoint is challenged.

Is the democrat supporters message so important they can break the law to squelch the opposition or not?!? It's really that simple. You don't have to abandon your ideology to allow your opponent to express his view, unless you're the Taliban...or a Union thug...
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Don't get me wrong. You should be able to do this without any negative repercussions whatsoever. Unfortunately, there's a lot of nutjobs out there that would pull something like this.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I guess that's the underlying point of my post, that the nutjobs who once were on the outer fringe of the party are now the mainstream.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

It's sad that people would try to justify this... as if you should just EXPECT violence for expressing a contrary viewpoint, as if you should just EXPECT people to have no qualms with hurting a little girl, as if you should just EXPECT nobody to be willing to stand up for the rights of the other side.

We call this the "soft bigotry of low expectations"...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have higher expectations for people of BOTH parties. I just wish the Dems were willing to alienate the few who cause the biggest problems -- be willing to tell the guy who attacks a little girl "dude, you really crossed the line there. Go apologize." Be willing to tell him "we don't want people here who treat little girls like that. Grow up or get out." If this was a rally I was at, no matter what side I was on, I'd be in the guy's face giving him hell, and I'd hope everyone else would be too.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

The union has apologized for this guy's behavior:
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades believes in the fundamental right for civil discourse, freedom of speech and activism to support our candidates and issues.

What happened in Huntington, West Virginia yesterday is an affront to everything we, as a union, pride ourselves to represent. We extend our apologies to the Parlock family, especially Sophia, for the distress one of our overzealous members caused them.

I have personally taken steps to address this issue internally, and will take immediate disciplinary action to the full extent allowed under U.S. Department of Labor regulations and the constitution of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades.

It is my hope that this incident reminds all of our members that every last citizen in this country has the right to express his or herself freely. Not one single one of us has the right to tell them otherwise.

General President James A. Williams
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
link (hat tip: H.D.Miller via LGF)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Will wonders never cease!
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Will I'm not sure how you drew thet conclusion that Kerry supporters in the mainstream are a sign-bashing type. Please elaborate.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Democrats find an opponent they can beat....

Post by Will Robinson »

Will Robinson wrote:I often see the attitudes of Anyone-but-Bush-Democrats as tantrum like...like spoiled children.
Since the 2000 election the democrat party has been driven much more by emotion and fingers-in-their-ears-na na na na-I-can't-hear-you instead of their usual mix.

many examples lately: linkage and here
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

I dunno, I feel the same way about the republicans with the mounting deficit and quasi lies about WMDs.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Woody wrote:Context is everything
Of course it is. though my post was made up in two parts. one was a sarcastic jab and the other was serious.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Back on the original topic:

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200 ... -3721r.htm
Three-year-old Sophia Parlock has a new Bush-Cheney campaign poster, courtesy of President Bush himself.
Sophia became famous Thursday when Associated Press photographer Randy Snyder captured a shot of the toddler crying after her Bush-Cheney sign was torn to pieces at a Huntington, W.Va., rally for Democratic vice-presidential candidate John Edwards.
Sophia's father, Republican activist Phil Parlock, charges that Mr. Edwards' supporters "pounced" on him and two of his children, equating it to a "feeding frenzy."
The photo of Sophia crying made her a cause celebre in newspapers around the country. Mr. Parlock said on Friday that he'd already given more than 20 interviews.
U.S. News & World Report writer Paul Bedard was the first to report Friday that the White House sent Sophia a new poster, with a personal inscription from the president: "Dear Sophia, Thank you for supporting my campaign. I understand someone tore up your sign. So I am sending you a new sign and a signed picture."
Awwwwwww...
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Republican activist Phil Parlock, charges that Mr. Edwards' supporters "pounced" on him and two of his children, equating it to a "feeding frenzy."
Gotta love spin.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Ferno wrote:Gotta love spin.
Yea, he should have refered to it as 'nurturing mentor-like guidance' :roll:
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

LOL
Clayman
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Clayman »

I don't see a positive way to "spin" taking a sign out of a toddler's hand and tearing it up. I supposed "taking candy from a baby" is actually "enlightment of an infant through freeing them from the bondage of sugar" and "murder" is "the improvement of the environment through a reduction in population" eh? :roll:
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Bold Deceiver »

I don't know about you guys, but that photo looked a little touched up to me -- especially those "pieces of sign" over the guy's head.

So I did a little research on the purported victim. Seems there are reports that he's made the papers before for this sort of thing.

Link here: http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/ ... 002534.php

Either way, the guy is a jackass for putting his baby in a potentially violent scenario just to make some political point.

BD
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

TheCops wrote:there is no creator... i thought you "rational" people figured that out.
Amen brother.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Way to crap on the thread :roll:.