Scam! Beware!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

DKnight
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Scam! Beware!

Post by DKnight »

Heyas everyone!

I'm just passing some information on about a scam I got in the mail just yesterday. I got home from work and opened it up this morning, seeing I supposedly had won over $3 million in a sweepstakes that I don't recall entering. The company is LVAAP, so keep an eye out for it. The letter told me I was not guaranteed to win the said amount, but I had to send $20 to them in order to get the prize money. I was very close to doing it (knowing everyone can use the extra cash), but I didn't become another statistic for them to use.

Be on the look-out for this. I just wanted to pass this information on so that everyone was aware of it. Apparently, even kids are getting scammed. :oops:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Any email telling you you need to send money to claim a prize is a scam. If you fall for it, you're retarded.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Thank you so much! Oh my god, I was just about ready to send in my check for $20 dollars, but then I came here and saw your post. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!

:P
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Topher »

Top Wop wrote:Thank you so much! Oh my god, I was just about ready to send in my check for $20 dollars, but then I came here and saw your post. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!

Haha
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Ah, be nice guys. He's trying to help folks!
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Moved to the Cafe.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Wait a sec here! If all this is a scam, then all those e-mails about hot women wanting to meet me is all I lie.

I'm sad now.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

It's not e-mails. These people are sending them nationwide by mail. Dk said \"mail\" not e-mail ;). A lot of people actually fell for this scam. Some people don't get the concept that if they win money, they don't pay to get the money. Word spreads faster if people are aware of which ones to look out for. Some of these letters that people receive in the mail are pretty convincing. Heck they're doing a good job getting kids scammed too. As stated, beware those kind of scams and be sure to teach your kids how to tell the legit letters from the scams.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Did you just miss the joke.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Kiran »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Wait a sec here! If all this is a scam, then all those e-mails about hot women wanting to meet me is all I lie.

I'm sad now.
Oh THIS Joke?

*falls to the ground laughing herself half to death* :lol:

Naw I'm kidding. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re:

Post by Krom »

Topher wrote:
Top Wop wrote:Thank you so much! Oh my god, I was just about ready to send in my check for $20 dollars, but then I came here and saw your post. YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!!!

Haha
x2 XD
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

TigerRaptorFX wrote:Wait a sec here! If all this is a scam, then all those e-mails about hot women wanting to meet me is all I lie.

I'm sad now.
Naw, it's not a scam! Here, just call this 900 number .............. :)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams