Eye Candy is here!

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Eye Candy is here!

Post by KoolBear »

While things have been quite here on the DBB front that H.O. team has been busy!

Here's some in game screen shots posted on thier forums!

http://coredecision.highoctane.biz/modu ... c&start=15
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

No offense but that's not eye candy. Those pics to me are horrible. Dark, not much light, the Pyro looks like crap. Now this is most likely alpha/beta so I'm sure it will change a bit before done.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Gotta agree with Merlin here.

Can't see anything except in a few shots where you can make out bits and pieces of the ship. Maybe it's the way my vid card here is rendering those sceenies, but most of them are nearlly totally black. :)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I thought the ship or whatever it was didn't look half bad actually, and the level shots were ok once I adjusted for the gamma, it looks bad at first but it has potential once the texturing is complete. Even the best games look like crap if you strip the texturing out so you have to picture it with the texturing in place.

Compare it to the screen shots that were on the site before, and it looks a hell of a lot better then back then.
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

The ship has potential. It looks better than a D3 ship right now and is about at the level of Into Cerberon.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I think the actual models look good. I agree that texturing is in need, but the models look good.
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

It appears even better pictures have been added. However, High Octane is running low on bandwidth and the ven new pics are all broken.
The Lion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by The Lion »

The pictures will also look better once they post bigger screenshots
with a higher JPEG quality setting. But as you said, they're running
low on bandwidth...
zbriggs
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by zbriggs »

CDN_Merlin wrote:No offense but that's not eye candy. Those pics to me are horrible. Dark, not much light, the Pyro looks like crap. Now this is most likely alpha/beta so I'm sure it will change a bit before done.
First off they are supposed to be dark. We already stated that this game is more like Descent 1/2 and the game was dark. Second, it's not a Pyro and never will be. The Pyro has been through it's journey and made it's way to the hall of fame next the the Doom space marine and the Quake symbol. This is a next game and honestly you haven't seen enough of the ship to make that conclusion. It's not the ship that makes the image in your mind, it's the story and things you have seen the ship go through and have personnaly piloted it through. So my suggestion is turn your brightness up a bit and look at things closer and await the new content to gain a better idea of the game.

Zach
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I can understand Zach but if I was in charge of PR, I wouldn't release dark pictures with no textures to the public and then having to explain why they are dark etc. My monitor is fine with everything I view, play, etc. So I don't think I need to adjust my gamma to see the pics better. That was your job to do.

Like I said, I'm still waiting to see the better stuff.
zbriggs
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by zbriggs »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I can understand Zach but if I was in charge of PR, I wouldn't release dark pictures with no textures to the public and then having to explain why they are dark etc. My monitor is fine with everything I view, play, etc. So I don't think I need to adjust my gamma to see the pics better. That was your job to do.

Like I said, I'm still waiting to see the better stuff.
If you think that they don't have textures you're mistaken. And like I said, they are designed to be dark. That is the nature of the game. If you can see the objects but its dark in the corridors then you are seeing that part of the level correctly.
zbriggs
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by zbriggs »

The Lion wrote:The pictures will also look better once they post bigger screenshots
with a higher JPEG quality setting. But as you said, they're running
low on bandwidth...
This has been corrected. In the future if you see this problem please email me at zbriggs@highoctane.biz.

Thank You.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

If the game is going to be as dark as Descent 1/2, there better be a powerful headlight that doesn't run out after 10 seconds of use. I liked how Descent 3 had a long distance spotlight and a more CPU intense floodlight that lit up everything within a short distance, the option for toggling between the two being in the config pages. Even better that they didn't use any energy, but then, that's totally expected because the light, since being powered by a Fusion reactor, wouldn't ever run out, now would it?

I always used the latter headlight and laughed when the spotlight users couldn't see anything and go anywhere in a pitch black SP level I made ages ago.

Just a note, but Doom 3 was practically unplayable at default gamma during the day, and looked like crap when set to overbright to compensate. I hope Core Decision isn't like that.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Headlight? I never used a headlight in D1 or D2...
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Doesn't matter. I just skimmed the two eons-ago interviews with Suncho (they depress the hell out of me). No headlight because \"the ship lights up everything it gets near\". Depressing as well as uncool, that -- an ultra futuristic ship sent into a mine that's not equipped with a standard vehicle tool. I would never buy a car that didn't have a headlight even if all the roads had lights.

While Core Decision's SP and MP levels may have lights everywhere to allow for no black spots, custom levels won't.

I can only hope one of the higher ups changed their mind on the \"No Vehicle Light of Any Kind\" decision since Suncho said no.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Testiculese wrote:Headlight? I never used a headlight in D1 or D2...
There were no headlights in D1.
;)
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Duper wrote:There were no headlights in D1.
;)
And D2's headlight was brighter than the sun. :o
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Actually, the ship should have multiple lights. front/rear and side beams.

Not like I'd use them, but you'd think they'd be there anyway...
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

where are the screenshots? don't see any.
Why doesn't it work?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Xamindar wrote:where are the screenshots? don't see any.
http://psion.sonicwave.biz/Core_Decisio ... nshots.zip

oh and...

http://psion.sonicwave.biz/Hellfire-1.wmv
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Oooh, I like it. :)
Why doesn't it work?
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Testiculese wrote:Actually, the ship should have multiple lights. front/rear and side beams.
Y'know what'd be cool? A robot enemy with lights like that blimp in Blade Runner. :lol:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Kyouryuu wrote: Y'know what'd be cool? A robot enemy with lights like that blimp in Blade Runner. :lol:

o_0

LOL! :lol:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

WOW! That's a lot of detail on that ship!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

ok.. one thing I noticed (just because I feel like being difficult) The shadows on the ship do not move in relation to the light source as the ship rotates.

;)

i know i know.. just wanted to point it out anyways. :mrgreen:
The Lion
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by The Lion »

So, I guess the ship is not rotating, the camera is just moving around it...
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by psionik »

The lighting is baked :P
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

And so were you when you made the clip!

;)